First game of the Season

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
AustrianAndyGull
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Kev Nicholson

Post by AustrianAndyGull »

cheers danny, just hope i can get a ticket.
Strangely enough it was Pope Gregory the 9th inviting me for drinks aboard his steam yacht, the saucy sue currently wintering in montego bay with the England cricket team and the Balanese Goddess of plenty.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

Actually I think you will find that if we needed them, Rovers could allocate 2,000 tickets as the South stand can be made an all away stand. It has happened when there was a large away following before. Southampton as one comes to mind
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

forevertufc wrote:i said at the time we first talked about next season fixture's that the football league would be unable to guarantee giving us derby matchs at home after Feb,we have to realise league 2 does not consist of 24 Torquay united's,when planing the fixtures the league have to factor in the considerations of every team in this league not just "us".
I fail to see how when we play Argyle at home affects any club other than us and them. It surely can't have been that hard to slot it in after February? :|

Every time I've been to a TUFC v Argyle match at Plainmoor there have been loads of Argyle fans dotted around all the home stands, with a reduced away capacity (250ish seats for away fans normally?) the problem will only be exacerbated.

The Premier League managed to help Blackpool with when they were building their new stand, but I guess once again the little club gets shafted by the football authorities! :@
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Regarding the Rovers game, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see that one all ticket. We may not sell out, but I'd expect interest to be high, because it's only an hour and a half away, we always seem to have slightly increased numbers for our first away game, the Buckle factor, and also the fact it'll be like watching Torquay present vs Torquay past!!

Regarding the Argyle game, it is a damn shame that our request wasn't really accepted. I agree with what Jerry says, c4000 tickets for that one - that is going to be a scrap for them! Similar with Swindon and Oxford, I'd have thought. Maybe not as bad though.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Boom Boom wrote:Monday, 26 December 2011
Torquay v Swindon, 15:00
Saturday, 31 December 2011
Torquay v Oxford Utd, 15:00
Monday, 2 January 2012
Plymouth v Torquay, 15:00
Saturday, 7 January 2012
Torquay v Dag & Red, 15:00

How refreshing does that look.

4 games = 20miles travelled.

It looks very refreshing and over that period of time I will be well refreshed with refreshment.
:) (D) :)

As long as the Argyle away game is not brought forward to an a.m. kick-off then there should be enough blood back in the alcohol to make me legal and fit to drive, :| otherwise it will be :Z

I don't remember a time when the festive fixtures have ever been that favourable for us. All that's needed to f'ck it up is a winter like the last one. :(

Another home start to the season, two away games to near rivals (So'ton and BR) in the week following, so all in all I'm happy with the fixtures.
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

NickGull wrote: Regarding the Argyle game, it is a damn shame that our request wasn't really accepted. I agree with what Jerry says, c4000 tickets for that one - that is going to be a scrap for them! Similar with Swindon and Oxford, I'd have thought. Maybe not as bad though.
I think the club should think about issuing vouchers at the few games prior to the Plymouth game to stop the stands being full of Argyle supporters.