Mustapha Carayol

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

I am not painting Muzzy out to be some 10 game a season superhero,he gave us no more than 10 fantastic games in two seasons,and played 31 matchs for Lincoln ,and if he was really that good even in fits and starts,why were Lincoln relegated.

For the most part Muzzy is bad or injured,and if Buckle wants to pay 25k for him,i will be more than happy to take the cheque to Lincoln for him. :)
Formerly known as forevertufc
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

I wasn't saying he does it now, I'm saying that if he could he'd be a great buy.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

cambgull wrote:I wasn't saying he does it now, I'm saying that if he could he'd be a great buy.
I agree,was not approaching from that angle,more the fact he never has been a definate 10 good games a season player,and if anyone is going to buy him,please let it be Buckle,that should be the first nail in his coffin :)
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

Couldn't agree more there! If you want a player guaranteed to rarely get a game under Buckle, Carayol is your man!
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Oh I do hope this is true.

He's absolute crap, couldn't even nail down a place at Lincoln, and, without wishing to come across all Northampton Town, they are genuinely terrible all over.

Good luck to both of you.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

I see things slightly differently. He's certainly not 'crap', but struggles tro maintain any kind of consistency - be that due to attitude, confidence or injury. If he can a run of games, under a manager that has confidence in him, he'd be a decent asset in this League. As i said elsewhere though - i'm amazed Bucks wants to be reunited.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
friendlygas
First Regular
First Regular

Post by friendlygas »

Well the post has now been deleted from our forum.Dont know whether that means we ARE interested in him or not! Probably from the past with Buckle it is not even a starter and something somebody has caught on to without any truth in it just because he was with you at some stage.
yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Our next signing

Post by yellowforever »

To be fair, you've been linked to a lot of players, a fair few of them either playing for us, or used to play for us.
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

friendlygas wrote:Well the post has now been deleted from our forum.Dont know whether that means we ARE interested in him or not! Probably from the past with Buckle it is not even a starter and something somebody has caught on to without any truth in it just because he was with you at some stage.
Based upon this logic, I expect to see a thread any minute now regarding your imminent capture of Matt Hockley and Martin Rice, or at least, I hope I do.

Matt.
basil75
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by basil75 »

He doesn't play when it's raining.
He doesn't play when there's a wind
He doesn't play when the temperatures anything below 15C
He doesn't play on average-bad pitches
He doesn't play when you are losing or looking like you may not win
He doesn't play unless he needs a new contract in the near future and needs to promote himself

And in the 6 games in a two year contract where he will be willing to play to his abilities - he'll most probably be injured.

Other than that, he's brilliant......
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

As an aside, how is it that Lincoln want more for him now that they paid for him. As if they are in any position what-so-ever to be profiteering and as if his time at LC (sitting on the bench, mainly) has improved him as a player and upped his value.

Matt.
friendlygas
First Regular
First Regular

Post by friendlygas »

Cheers Basil so you would recommend him to us then??????
Bigman
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by Bigman »

basil75 wrote:He doesn't play when it's raining.
He doesn't play when there's a wind
He doesn't play when the temperatures anything below 15C
He doesn't play on average-bad pitches
He doesn't play when you are losing or looking like you may not win
He doesn't play unless he needs a new contract in the near future and needs to promote himself

And in the 6 games in a two year contract where he will be willing to play to his abilities - he'll most probably be injured.

Other than that, he's brilliant......
It took me a minute to realise this wasn't an incredibly complicated chant.
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

Whoever runs the yellow army Facebook page seems to think we're signing him tomorow :/
The gulls are going up
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

gullno4 wrote:Whoever runs the yellow army Facebook page seems to think we're signing him tomorow :/
Joe Barlow :rofl: