Martin Ling's first interview

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Cambridge_Gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Branston

Martin Ling's first interview

Post by Cambridge_Gull »

I thought I'd set up a new thread to discuss the manager's first comments, which are available on the OS here:
http://www.torquayunited.com/page/Bench ... 41,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

...those with Gulls Player may also be able to enlighten us with any further insights Martin might have given there.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13767570.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Paul Bodin, interesting. Currently a coach at Swindon, I believe.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Bodin" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

BBC Spotlight interview here .......

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13767570.stm
Boom Boom
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Paul Buckle

Post by Boom Boom »

Who cares about other teams stadiums & a cold night in Gateshead?
Cambridge_Gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Branston

Post by Cambridge_Gull »

Thanks for adding the other link. The BBC interview is a lot more informative and reassuring, without giving away too much information.
MarineGull707
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by MarineGull707 »

He seemed to hint at a player/assistant manager! Wonder who??
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

Is he from London then...?

Appears to be wearing a Cambridge tie too. :|
Last edited by Fonda on 14 Jun 2011, 18:37, edited 1 time in total.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
MarineGull707
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by MarineGull707 »

Born in West Ham i believe.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

Would have been nice of Spotlight to have spent a bit longer on our new manager but know...Romain Larrieu has a testimonial so lets spend most of the time talking about that. Spotlight need to realise now that Plymouth are just a League 2 club, the same as us.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Nice interview ,said all the right things which is to be expected,hpefully it calmed the fears of those who chose to listen to our friends from Cambridge,about us entering into a new era of hoofball,as it is clear to me he is atleast looking to play good football.
Formerly known as forevertufc
mlw
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by mlw »

This was never going to be anything other than a brief chance to say all the right things. This he did and I probably feel slightly more reassured than I did yesterday. Having said that, words are cheap and his actions over the next few weeks will be far more closely scrutinised. But as I say I remain wholey optimistic & upbeat.

Fonda - I think you will find that is the official TUFC tie - not very inspiring is it

Boom Boom - get a grip, shake off the depression and cheer the f--k up.
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

basil75
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by basil75 »

I thought the comment "Not a top 8 budget, but certainly not a bottom 8 budget" was quite interesting.

Regardless of how factual the statement is, it's refreshing to see him lay those cards on the table and not instantly looking for an excuse for potential failure, or a tool for self promotion if things go better than expected, a la Buckle.
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

mlw wrote:This was never going to be anything other than a brief chance to say all the right things. This he did and I probably feel slightly more reassured than I did yesterday. Having said that, words are cheap and his actions over the next few weeks will be far more closely scrutinised. But as I say I remain wholey optimistic & upbeat.

Fonda - I think you will find that is the official TUFC tie - not very inspiring is it

Boom Boom - get a grip, shake off the depression and cheer the f--k up.
My eye's must be going. It looks Amber, Black and White. I don't relate that to TUFC.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

I don't think he is as comfortable in front of the cameras as Bucks but he said the right or 'roight' things for me. Willing to give Ling a shot lets hope we can entice a few new players down here. Would prefer Alex Russell as player/assistant manager, simply because he could still play and do well for us.