Buckle interview

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Fonda wrote:Why is he discussing our players? You'd think having behaved the way he did in the last month of his tenure as our manager, he'd be reluctant to say anything remotely contentious about our club and it's players. He knows exactly what he's doing - it's unsettling the players we have here that he's interested in. He knows our financial situation. He's done nothing wrong up to now - by signing out of contract players we can have no complaints. But he will surely lose respect of even most pro-Buckle element of our support if he starts making derisory offers for our contracted players. Not that that will bother him. Why would he think ripping off his old club is reasonable behaviour? What is he trying to prove? When that phone rings, it's up to our chairman to treat him with the same contempt he's displaying to our club. Unfortunately, i can't remember the last time an offer came in for one of our players and wasn't ultimately successful.
Argeed.Highlighted bit made me chuckle,looking at our official website ,our chairman does not even seen to know that Bevan has signed for Rovers,so fat chance there Shane.
Formerly known as forevertufc
tommyg
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by tommyg »

"I don't care where they are. If they're right for Rovers I'll go all out to get them."

There's the stubborn side of me that hopes we turn down whatever price he offers for any of our contracted players. That's my heart ruling my head, but Buckle thinks he can pick our players like he's in a supermarket, load up the trolley and waltz out, leaving our shelves completely bare.

The worrying thing is that when Buckle gets to the checkout, we have Simon Baker working on the till asking our former manager if he's having a nice day before offering to pack Zebs and O'Kane into his bags.
Gashead1979
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Gashead1979 »

tommyg wrote:"I don't care where they are. If they're right for Rovers I'll go all out to get them."

There's the stubborn side of me that hopes we turn down whatever price he offers for any of our contracted players. That's my heart ruling my head, but Buckle thinks he can pick our players like he's in a supermarket, load up the trolley and waltz out, leaving our shelves completely bare.

The worrying thing is that when Buckle gets to the checkout, we have Simon Baker working on the till asking our former manager if he's having a nice day before offering to pack Zebs and O'Kane into his bags.

Nothing wrong with Buckle trying to get your best players, after all he did bring them to you in the first place and god knows where your club would be without him.

I'd say 100k (which is rumoured to be the offer for Harrold), would seal the deal for any of your contracted players.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Gashead1979 wrote:
Nothing wrong with Buckle trying to get your best players, after all he did bring them to you in the first place and god knows where your club would be without him.

I'd say 100k (which is rumoured to be the offer for Harrold), would seal the deal for any of your contracted players.
100k may get you Zebroski,will not even come close to getting you O'Kane
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Another deluded Gashead, how big is that village ffs?

Good luck trying to buy O'Kane for £100k.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Quadruple your estimate and you're probably there for Eunan.

Just when I thought all the nobhead Gasheads had gone..
Gashead1979
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Gashead1979 »

Southampton Gull wrote:Another deluded Gashead, how big is that village ffs?

Good luck trying to buy O'Kane for £100k.

He's a league two player, his value is low by default, and you need the money.

We accepted when we got relegated that our players value would drop, its the way it goes being in the basement.

I think you'd snap our hand off for £100k for O'Kane, got enough midfielders now though thanks....
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Dream on, you couldn't buy him for £100k.

Enjoy Buckle, you genuinely deserve him ;-)
Dave

Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

Sounds like Bucks will be right at home in Bristol. Deluded arrogance is rife.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Fonda wrote:Sounds like Bucks will be right at home in Bristol. Deluded arrogance is rife.

I think this is one of those occasions where we're in total agreement (nods head smilie)
Dave

Gashead1979
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Gashead1979 »

Southampton Gull wrote:
I think this is one of those occasions where we're in total agreement (nods head smilie)

A player is only worth as much as someone is prepared to pay for him.

Are you sure your board would turn down 100k??

We sold a proven L1 goalscorer for circa £500k, £100k seems about right for an young inexperienced L2 player.
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

He wasn't that proven. 12 months earlier he was avaliable on a free transfer after being released from Watford after 9 goals in 72 games.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Probably why you got relegated, and now you want our cast-offs, how the mighty have fallen...............
Dave

Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Yep and reading paided £400k for Manset of hereford,O'Kane is belived to be on the shopping list of a number of champioship clubs ,your not that big forget it.
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

We're skint, but our board are well aware they can't afford to be seen to be taken for a ride over O'Kane. Normally you'd be right. We're a selling club and historically sell at discounted prices. But with everything else that's been going on recently, to sell Eunan on the cheap would be suicide. Even the diehards would be asking questions, and the club can't risk losing them.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."