Craig Stanley

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

I agree totally about needing a football man in control, Colin Lee proved to be a very costly mistake, but a blind man could see some of the good things he did while he was here. The ones in control appointed a replacement in Bill Phillips, has he done anything to suggest he's capable?

Just imagine that squad of players we have left and then remove for arguments sake O'Kane and Zebroski, how strong does it look then?

I expect O'Kane to move on before the season starts, I don't for one minute think Zebs will want to stay if we don't make some impressive signings and although they should bring in a tidy sum, just how much can go back into team affairs?

On the other hand, if all those players stay, we add a few good signings and get a good manager in then the season could be quite exciting, is that what anyone really believes is going to happen?
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

GK: n/a

DF: Robbo, Ellis, Palmer?, Nicho, Mansell, LRT, Branston?

MF: Lathrope, Stevens?, Macklin, Halpin,

ST: Kee, Zebroski, Yeoman

Thats without all loanees and players that have gone so far.

Cripes.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

NickGull wrote:GK: n/a

DF: Robbo, Ellis, Palmer?, Nicho, Mansell, LRT, Branston?

MF: Lathrope, Stevens?, Macklin, Halpin, O'Kane
ST: Kee, Zebroski, Yeoman

Thats without all loanees and players that have gone so far.

Cripes.

DF: Robbo, Ellis, Palmer?, Nicho, Mansell, LRT,

ST: Kee, Yeoman

What does it look like now?
Dave

Alpine Joe
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Alpine Joe »

Surely we won't get another Manager who plays Mansell in defence.
Particularly in Stanley's absence it would make for sense to return him to his most effective midfield position, and at long last bring in a new right back.
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

GK

RB.... Ellis.... Robertson.... Nicholson

RW... CM ... Mansell ... LW

ST... Kee

Subs: LRT, Lathrope, Macklin, Halpin, Sub, Sub, Sub

You can't argue with that really, take out Zebroski and O'Kane and the players we have contracted to the club now don't look the same. There's a hell of a lot of work to do
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

Alpine Joe wrote:Surely we won't get another Manager who plays Mansell in defence.
Particularly in Stanley's absence it would make for sense to return him to his most effective midfield position, and at long last bring in a new right back.
agreed. mansell's a more than adequate RB as cover, but we should be looking to get him back in the middle where he's at his best. hopefully the new manager will realise that. i thought Lathrope came on very well this season, and if not for his injuries, would've established himself more.

so it would appear we need :-

2 x GK
1 x RB, 1 x CB (if branno leaves)
2 x Wide players.
1 x 20+ goals a season striker.

have i missed anyone ??

oh yeah, a manager, assistant........................................
Brady

I Wish I Was There
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

regiment wrote:have i missed anyone ??

oh yeah, a manager, assistant........................................
1,000 more on the gate every fortnight wouldn't go amiss, either.

Crazy talk, I know.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Southampton Gull wrote:

Very worrying.
devington
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by devington »

Southampton Gull wrote:

Up Sh*t Creek without a paddle and the problem is Hayman will be deciding if there is any chance of us getting a paddle.

May as well bring back Eddie May
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

We will sign some players though :p some frees some loans, and we just have to hope the new man has a similar success rate as his predecessor.

Situation isn't totally hopeless yet, if Branno, Zebs and O Kane go then some alarm bells will ring. So far no surprises with whose gone.
yellow
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Situation Vacant

Post by yellow »

Am I missing the point of this thread? Surely Craig Stanley was a loanee.

We have no right to claim these players as our own no matter how endeared we were with their performances.

Tomlin, Oastler, Robinson, Stanley et al.

I like to claim that Dean Sturridge and Jason Roberts were ours once, but in my more rational moments I realise that it is just Popside delusionism .

Well MB did offer Derby £100k for Sturridge. Now that would have been a good bit of business....
"A day without football is a day lost" (Ernst Happel)
"Look at the (Plainmoor) stars, Look how they shine for you, And everything you do, Yeah they were all yellow" (C. Martin)
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

yellow wrote:Am I missing the point of this thread? Surely Craig Stanley was a loanee.

We have no right to claim these players as our own no matter how endeared we were with their performances.

Tomlin, Oastler, Robinson, Stanley et al.

I like to claim that Dean Sturridge and Jason Roberts were ours once, but in my more rational moments I realise that it is just Popside delusionism .

Well MB did offer Derby £100k for Sturridge. Now that would have been a good bit of business....
Yes good point ,Yellow,however there is a difference here,Stanley was out of contract came to us with a view to singing on,and its clear that if Buckle had stayed Stanley would have signed for us,and what a signing that would have been.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Fletch
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lorz

Post by Fletch »

forevertufc wrote: Yes good point ,Yellow,however there is a difference here,Stanley was out of contract came to us with a view to singing on,and its clear that if Buckle had stayed Stanley would have signed for us,and what a signing that would have been.
Not exactly forever, Stanley was under contract to Morecambe. Yes he said he would like to sign for us (when his contract ran out), however SammyMc left and his mate at Morcambe offered him a new contract.
That it coincided with Buckle leaving should have no bearing if he really wanted to sign for us (unless the case was, he wanted to play for Buckle wherever he was).
If he really wanted to sign for Torquay, he would have done.
I dont blame him for no doubt picking up the bigger paycheck on offer from Brizzle. Its not like L2 players earn a fortune like the prima donnas in the Prem and the career is a short one in relation to the real world....
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Only if they wanted him, Fletch.
Dave

Fletch
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lorz

Post by Fletch »

Southampton Gull wrote:Only if they wanted him, Fletch.
Unless someone was twisting his arm to sign for Brizzle (his agent perhaps?), there is nothing to say he couldnt have waited to see who our new manager was.
You are, of course, assuming we didnt make a preliminary offer of a contract as we did with Bevs?