Zebroksi the next Buckle target?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
nicktufc
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Euuuuuuuunan

Zebroksi the next Buckle target?

Post by nicktufc »

Just been reading an interview posted on the BRovers site, and this quote stood out. "We are well along the way to bringing in a striker, and there will be more additions."

Given that he officially started work this morning, it can surely only mean that the striker they are looking to add is one he has 'identified' prior to joining them, and in my mind Zebroski is the glaringly obvious target he is talking about.

Unless we get a damned good fee, and the money goes to a replacement, we'll have no-one to score goals, and a significantly weakened core, given that we have an inexperienced central midfield combination, and currently have nobody experienced in the centre of defence.

Anyone for a relegation battle?
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

As has been said by a Gashead on here, the strikers are Jamie Cureton and Matt Harrold.

Cureton is very close to signing for the Gas.

I imagine he will go for Zebs, but I hope in this instance we actually put up a fight and demand his real valuation. The same goes with Eunan.
Fletch
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lorz

Post by Fletch »

Or as a little birdie tells me, someone from the Shrews ????
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

Matt Harold, Jamie cureton, care to look at the other threads? But I'm worried zebroski will be going there aswell :(
The gulls are going up
Boom Boom
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Paul Buckle

Post by Boom Boom »

League 2 rumours has it that Harrold is moving to Bristol Rovers for a 6 figure fee. Surprised they ain't after Le Fondre or some little pixie like that. I'm sure Buckle has already agreed a 4 figure deal to sign Zebroski, wouldn't be surprised if it happened.
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

I think the news around here is bleak enough without the need to predict even more doom.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
MidDevon
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by MidDevon »

Cureton has shall we say an "interesting" reputation in Bristol. Buckle is brave if he brings him back to the City.

I think we all have to calm down a bit, we must remember the Torquay team last year only finished 7th in league 2 at the end of the day, it is not as if Buckle is pulling apart a Championship winning team.

There are countless players available at the moment and I am pretty sure every manager who has applied for the job has several in mind already...and has no doubt sounded many players out.

Just like Buckle has wasted no time in building his team (as he knew he was on his way) I am sure that our new manager will move pretty sharpish
eastyorksgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: BRANSTON

Post by eastyorksgull »

let buckle do what he wants guys,like was said in a previous post,we finished 7th last season,we all knew what he would do,come back and get our players,let him do his worst,what pisses me off is when he left he said,he has left a club with good infrascruture both on and off the field,the man is a moron,he will do the same at brfc,basically people we have lost players in the past,and we have done well after,and we will again guys,sure our new manager will be ready for new season,and we will be up ther fighting again.....simon
TUFC92
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by TUFC92 »

I wonder whether Zebroski could be interesting Alan Knill at Scunthorpe.

He was rumoured to be interesting Bury, and Knill according to the BBC site is looking at wide players and strikers from our division.
BritishGAS
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jason Roberts

Post by BritishGAS »

MidDevon wrote:Cureton has shall we say an "interesting" reputation in Bristol. Buckle is brave if he brings him back to the City.

I think we all have to calm down a bit, we must remember the Torquay team last year only finished 7th in league 2 at the end of the day, it is not as if Buckle is pulling apart a Championship winning team.

There are countless players available at the moment and I am pretty sure every manager who has applied for the job has several in mind already...and has no doubt sounded many players out.

Just like Buckle has wasted no time in building his team (as he knew he was on his way) I am sure that our new manager will move pretty sharpish
What reputation is that then MidDevon?

There were rumours doing the rounds a decade ago, which were complete and utter bullsh*t, when he departed for Reading. I take it that is what you are getting at?

Jamie lives in Bristol, has alway's had a house here, his whole family still live here and is a lifelong Gashead.

He should be signing within the next few day's, and as stated previously Matt Harrold looks like he may be on the way, and also Ashley Grimes and Clayton Donaldson have been heavily linked.

I would say Zebs is way down the pecking order, as those 3 and Jo Kuffour who we already have are all better options. If we fail with any of those then we may come in for Zebs. Who Knows?

But I would honestly say that I think Zebs, Branston and O'Kane will be safe with you. Unless of course they have other offers.
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

BritishGAS wrote: What reputation is that then MidDevon?

There were rumours doing the rounds a decade ago, which were complete and utter bullsh*t, when he departed for Reading. I take it that is what you are getting at?

Jamie lives in Bristol, has alway's had a house here, his whole family still live here and is a lifelong Gashead.

He should be signing within the next few day's, and as stated previously Matt Harrold looks like he may be on the way, and also Ashley Grimes and Clayton Donaldson have been heavily linked.

I would say Zebs is way down the pecking order, as those 3 and Jo Kuffour who we already have are all better options. If we fail with any of those then we may come in for Zebs. Who Knows?

But I would honestly say that I think Zebs, Branston and O'Kane will be safe with you. Unless of course they have other offers.
just my opinion, but Matt Harrold and Kuffour better than Zebs ??? behave.
Brady

I Wish I Was There
Bigman
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by Bigman »

Fonda wrote:I think the news around here is bleak enough without the need to predict even more doom.
Well said Fonda! :clap: There's enough actual negative transfer news going around at the mo without convincing ourselves even more players are on their way. If Zebs were to go I'd be gutted, but as it stands this is a baseless theory. Until anything more substantial comes out we should remember that he's our player and be happy about it.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

Jamie Cureton. Points West last night reported that he wouldn't rejoining Rovers as his Agent made too many demands and he priced himself out of the market. In addition I doubt the board would have been too happy at his return.
There was a heavy rumour with a fair bit of backup at the time. I think it was when Holloway was in charge. He was messing about with a girl who was the daughter of one of the directors. The rumour also alleged rightly or wrongly that this girl may have been younger than was healthy. I won't go into more detail as we don't want legal bits of paper floating around but that was the state of the atmosphere around here a few years ago.
anyway he seemed to get the boot after that and was shipped out pronto
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
BritishGAS
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jason Roberts

Post by BritishGAS »

regiment wrote: just my opinion, but Matt Harrold and Kuffour better than Zebs ??? behave.
Zebs career to date has mainly been at Blue Square and League 2 level and he has hardly pulled up many trees with his goalscoring record. Jo Kuffour throughout his career has always played at a higher level than Zebs, and his goalscoring record is still better . Jo Kuffour is not a player you can rely on to score goals, yet he scores more than Zebs.

That is why I think he is better. Of course Zebs has age on his side, and maybe can improve, whereas Jo Kuffour is getting close to 30. Jo Kuffour is still a better option though, In my opinion.

GlosterGull

I wouldn't worry about the legal ramifications, The fact that it is total bullsh*t and utter lies is what I would be more concerned about.

An initial offer was made to Jamie, which didn't meet both Jamie and his agents demands, but negotiations are still ongoing and I fully expect him to sign within the next few days.