MESSAGE TO SIMON BAKER

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

No one knows thats the case cambgull. Most the players are on holiday so I would hope talks are planned when thy return when (hopefully) a new manager is in place. I am sure this is what the players in question would have been told.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

I know it's Chinese Whispers at times but people have said on this forum that after contact with Branno and Robinson, neither of them have had any contact with the club.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Cambgull this is why I started this thread because I feared this would happen.
In todays world communication is so easy BUT some people still live in the past.
The fact that Branston and Stanley have confirmed on other threads that they have had no contact from the club is, in my view, bad management.
If the Board after watching these 2 players for the last few months do not recognise their importance for next season then they do not understand football. I say this regardless of who is appointed Manager.
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

I've not seen it stated as fact that the club haven't kept in contact with these players...?

The new manager will want some freedom to make his own signings. Telling a new manager there is no space/money for new signings is hardly appealing.
Perhaps we know what these players will want in terms of salary and we simply can't afford it.
Perhaps they've already said, thanks very much but i see my future elsewhere.
Perhaps we've already made moves and been told by the players they'd like to wait until they know who the manager will be.
Perhaps Bucks has got in first and they've already agreed to follow him.

There are lots of possibilities, and least likely of all seems to be that we've completely ignored them since season end.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

I fully understand where fans are coming from right now,here is a great deal of uncertantly surrounding our club,we have no manager ,players of out of contract,and players who have been on loan with us that were sucsessful and liked by fans(as we all know).

I do try to say it as i see it,and be 100% honest with my own thoughts,i must back the club up on this,and thats not me looking through rose tinted specs,is it safe for our board to presume that the new manager is going to want Branston,Robinson and Stanley ? No matter how highly us fans think of these plaayers,and dont get me wrong would be happy if all three stayed at our club,however if our board tie all three players to contracts with us now,what position has the club left it self in,if the new manager does not want these players?

once again patience ,yes the new manager will have some cathcing up to do,but how many players do we acually have under contract?,its not all bad.
Formerly known as forevertufc
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by portugull »

Fonda just read post from clemy1989 on 31 may on this thread. Also on another thread Craig Stanleys comment heard nothing from TUFC. I wish I could believe your last comment but I am not sure you are correct. Only time will tell.
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Fonda »

Our board aren't stupid. If they thought our new manager might want any of those players, and we could afford their salary demands, we'd have kept in touch with them. If we haven't, i'm afraid it's probably because we already know we can't afford them.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by portugull »

Well then thats very depressing.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Can't afford this, can't afford that, can't afford the other.

Same old, same old that I've been hearing for half a century.

It's gettin' on me f'kin nerves now. :@ :@ :@
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Fonda »

That's unfortunately the reality of getting less then 2,500 through the turnstiles every week. Until the people of the Bay buy-in to the club, it'll always be so. The board aren't going to allow the club to try and live beyond it's means, and we should all be thankful for that.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Fonda wrote:That's unfortunately the reality of getting less then 2,500 through the turnstiles every week. Until the people of the Bay buy-in to the club, it'll always be so. The board aren't going to allow the club to try and live beyond it's means, and we should all be thankful for that.

The reality is what you state Fonda :( and as Portugull says that really is depressing. :(

And to add, I'd rather have a solvent club that "can't" rather than no club at all. :(
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Fletch
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lorz

Post by Fletch »

Never a truer word said Trojan. We only have to look down the A38 to see what can happen....
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by portugull »

Craig Stanley signing for Rovers is exactly what I feared when I posted this thread on 31 May
I suspect Simon Baker is saying that there was no point in offering Stanley a contract because they both new Stanley was following Buckle to Rovers
What this tells me is that Buckle is respected by decent players and this happens all the time in football. Players follow Managers and we just have to accept it gutting as it is!
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

portugull wrote:Craig Stanley signing for Rovers is exactly what I feared when I posted this thread on 31 May
I suspect Simon Baker is saying that there was no point in offering Stanley a contract because they both new Stanley was following Buckle to Rovers
What this tells me is that Buckle is respected by decent players and this happens all the time in football. Players follow Managers and we just have to accept it gutting as it is!
Well if Forster comes to us then hopefully he'll have people who want to follow him??
The gulls are going up