News on radio devon

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Jpr
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Mark loram

News on radio devon

Post by Jpr »

On listening to BBC radio Devon I hear we maybe after Paul Watton as manager, after the take over happens this week. Let’s hope.
tufcyellowarmy
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by tufcyellowarmy »

Who ?
TheYellowFromExeter
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by TheYellowFromExeter »

Truro manager
Griff1n
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Danis Salman

Post by Griff1n »

Also known as Paul Wotton
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

I'd be happy with him, would certainly get his players up for every minute of every game something that was seriously lacking last season .
DerekDawkinsJnr
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by DerekDawkinsJnr »

Whoever it's going to be, we need to be getting on with it. There's much work to do in the next three months...
JimNichol'sdog
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by JimNichol'sdog »

I realise that Torquay is in a 'Mickey Mouse' league, but I would like to see someone with more gravitas than Paul Wotton appointed. That is not meant to be disrespectful to him but he's hardly set the world alight managing Truro, who narrowly escaped relegation.
numpte
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Me

Post by numpte »

Kept them up in very trying circumstances and made them competitive whilst part time. Right up our street id say!
TUST #324
Midlandgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: O'Kane

Post by Midlandgull »

JimNichol'sdog wrote: 08 May 2024, 12:09 I realise that Torquay is in a 'Mickey Mouse' league, but I would like to see someone with more gravitas than Paul Wotton appointed. That is not meant to be disrespectful to him but he's hardly set the world alight managing Truro, who narrowly escaped relegation.
Didn't he get them promoted the year before?

I'd say on the face of it he's done really well. Truro hasn't had a home, and must have limited resources and a major challenge to attract players (we think it's hard for us, imagine what it is like for them!).

As a player he's had a very good career and would be someone for players to look up to.
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

No that I am against the suggestion bu tI do not think it will happen, he is under contract at Truro and do we have the money to buy his contract out, he is obviously planning for next season by dealing with his retained list and they will be playing at their new stadium.
The Great Muta!
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by The Great Muta! »

No doubt about it, you don't achieve the things Paul Wotton has done at Truro if you aren't a good manager, against the odds he's achieved good things at Truro, every game away from home for years, a promotion etc, plus this season no other team in the UK had the schedule they had (think 10 games in 20 days at one stage), I know he signed a new deal at Truro mid season so I very much doubt he'd end up at TUFC...
CornishGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by CornishGull »

The Great Muta! wrote: 08 May 2024, 19:35 I know he signed a new deal at Truro mid season so I very much doubt he'd end up at TUFC...
With all the talk about having to stabilise the club financially and possibly go part-time I wouldn't think now is the time to buy out a manager's contract. Personally I think this coming season will be one of austerity and we shouldn't expect too much on the pitch, throw in the possibility we may still be in administration come 8th June, even if a sale is agreed we may not even be playing in the NLS.
Jpr
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Mark loram

Post by Jpr »

Well That came True. :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

Players will start being named End of Next week.