Bryn Consortium Take-Over

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

I'd have him around even if it was just to go the dressing room before the game to leave the players in no doubt what is required over the 90 minutes.
The Great Muta!
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by The Great Muta! »

desperado wrote: 03 May 2024, 14:08 I'd have him around even if it was just to go the dressing room before the game to leave the players in no doubt what is required over the 90 minutes.
You're living in cloud cuckoo land if you think that would do anything, that's the job of the manager and captain, you wouldn't want a 3rd party doing that,the manager would be totally undermined and it wouldn't work.
Wolborough
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Wolborough »

If Warnock is happy to provide some sort of support we would be stupid not to have him on board.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Exactly, no manager and coaching staff would want anyone in there doing the team talk for them. What I will see however, if Neil Warnock was happy to do some consultancy work for the club, you'd have the mind of a mad man not to want that.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Parkys People
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Darren Moore

Post by Parkys People »

Re Warnock - Yeah, I think I'd be open to a man with rough guess, 1000 games in management, with numerous promotions to his name, contacts, experience in every division in the last 30 years. A media darling, who is based locally. With a soft spot for the club. Go on then. :lol:

He would raise everything about the football club. Without forgetting where we are & have been, in an ideal world, he can have whatever role he wants.
CornishGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by CornishGull »

Steve Perryman was a director of football at Exeter City in an unpaid capacity saying it was about him giving back to football. Maybe that is what Neil Warnock has in mind.
JimNichol'sdog
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by JimNichol'sdog »

Not being a lawyer, is it definitive that the consortium is the new owner or are there further legalities that have to be completed before any deal is finalised?
CornishGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by CornishGull »

JimNichol'sdog wrote: 05 May 2024, 11:44 Not being a lawyer, is it definitive that the consortium is the new owner or are there further legalities that have to be completed before any deal is finalised?
At this moment in time I believe they are the administrators preferred bidder. They are no more the new owners than the previous preferred bidder who pulled out at the last moment last week.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Well I'm certainly no expert on these things, think we all know nothing complete until contracts and signed an exchanged, however the one thing that's leading me to believe it's a done deal, as posted a few times, the Bryn consortium have set two holding companies which I'm guessing will be related to the ownership of TUFC, can't imagine they'd have done that if the deal wasn't as gone as done.
Formerly known as forevertufc
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

I agree Dave I think it is a done deal and hopefully contracts are being prepared for signature.

The NL AGM is on Thursday 20th June I believe 6 weeks from next Thurday 9th May so the hard work and due diligence is now behind us and its Green Light to go.

Fingers crossed.
Nick Potkins
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Nick Potkins »

Dave wrote: 05 May 2024, 18:34 Well I'm certainly no expert on these things, think we all know nothing complete until contracts and signed an exchanged, however the one thing that's leading me to believe it's a done deal, as posted a few times, the Bryn consortium have set two holding companies which I'm guessing will be related to the ownership of TUFC, can't imagine they'd have done that if the deal wasn't as gone as done.
The deal will be far from done. But, there is great hope.

To take over the club, you would need a single investor, partnership (two people) or a company. This is what you are seeing, a company take us over and you can see it being formed. There may be additional names arriving to invest. The people involved are true supporters, have financial backing and now need our backing.

Fingers crossed this deal can get over the line in time. I would assume, they will update us all soon and confirm if dates are tight or reachable. For now the airways may be a little quite, remember all their time and effort is going into this deal.
Owlgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Owlgull »

Nick Potkins wrote: 05 May 2024, 19:20 The deal will be far from done. But, there is great hope.

To take over the club, you would need a single investor, partnership (two people) or a company. This is what you are seeing, a company take us over and you can see it being formed. There may be additional names arriving to invest. The people involved are true supporters, have financial backing and now need our backing.

Fingers crossed this deal can get over the line in time. I would assume, they will update us all soon and confirm if dates are tight or reachable. For now the airways may be a little quite, remember all their time and effort is going into this deal.
In the administrator’s statement on 1st May, they announced that they hope to make a “further progress announcement next week”, so presumably we can expect that sometime this week. Hopefully this indicates that progress is indeed being made 😅🤞
gullsgullsgulls
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Sills

Post by gullsgullsgulls »

Hopefully we do get some tangible news this week but I wouldn’t read too much into the share subscriptions in these new companies.

It costs a few quid and an a couple of hours to set these up and is a very minor piece of admin out of a huge list of actions that are needed to get the deal over the line.

I would assume the due diligence and financing discussions (e.g. bank loans) are the main challenges and these could take weeks.
tufcjon
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Willie Brown

Post by tufcjon »

portugull wrote: 05 May 2024, 19:01 I agree Dave I think it is a done deal and hopefully contracts are being prepared for signature.

The NL AGM is on Thursday 20th June I believe 6 weeks from next Thurday 9th May so the hard work and due diligence is now behind us and its Green Light to go.

Fingers crossed.
AGM is June 8.
Willowgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Willowgull »

I've heard rumours that Edwards has left the club but as yet, unconfirmed.....