Next season.

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Stoneybroke
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Stoneybroke »

So all this talk about a bigger club , and a possible replacement manager for TUFC.

Who do we think would make a good fist of it ? And would attract the right sort of players here to Plainmoor??

Discuss!!
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Luke Gerrard free agent now as well. Believe he's won both the Isthmian and NLS as a player, 5th round of the FA cup and twice in the NLP play-offs, I've long time admirer of his work at Boreham Wood knows this level well, had them punching above their weight for a long time. What went wrong there last term I don't know, most successful coach/managers have the odd bad season.
Formerly known as forevertufc
RobinStubbsHero
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Watches from: The sofa

Post by RobinStubbsHero »

Cloud cuckoo land if you think Gerrard is going to drop down to this level. Almost certainly he will be on the short list at Football League clubs.
Plus, he's never moved more than 20 miles from home lol.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Hasnt he always been based in London? Might have a bit more trouble getting players down here . Not for me anyway.
RobinStubbsHero
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by RobinStubbsHero »

Heading for Stevenage
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

RobinStubbsHero wrote: 29 Apr 2024, 18:56 Cloud cuckoo land if you think Gerrard is going to drop down to this level.
Plus, he's never moved more than 20 miles from home lol.
Well that's a creative reaction. I merely named someone I'd like to see here at Torquay, I'd also like to buy a brand new campervan but couldn't afford one.

Until the ownership issue is resolved, and we know what scale of ambition they may, or may not have, it's difficult to know type of manager we'll attract to the club, but then, that would be stating the obvious. :whistle:
Formerly known as forevertufc
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

Dave wrote: 30 Apr 2024, 07:50 Well that's a creative reaction. I merely named someone I'd like to see here at Torquay, I'd also like to buy a brand new campervan but couldn't afford one.

Until the ownership issue is resolved, and we know what scale of ambition they may, or may not have, it's difficult to know type of manager we'll attract to the club, but then, that would be stating the obvious. :whistle:
Agree with your comments although not necesarily your choice of manager, Even at our lowly position I think if the role went to applications they would have to be a big paper sift to reduce it to a manageable number.
Eirik
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Eifion Williams

Post by Eirik »

I wonder if the new owners would look into the possibility for going back to pay at the turnstiles.
-Eirik-
Proud member of Torquay United Supporters Norway
https://www.facebook.com/groups/norwaygulls

TUST MEMBER - https://www.tust.co.uk/
Taelee73
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney jack
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Taelee73 »

Hopefully they’ll be progressive in the right ways, while acknowledging that some people don’t always like/want change.
I do hope they’ll bring back pay on the gate, some people just don’t like be told to going online or even popping into an office before the match, they just want to hand their money over at the turnstile.
With gates averaging 2,400, we don’t have to worry about having to turn them away.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

Winner of Chatham v Enfield play off will be in NLS next season.

I don’t think we’ve ever played Chatham but recall going to Enfield for an FA Cup match when we were 4th division and they were a good non league team.
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by United62 »

standupsitdown wrote: 03 May 2024, 08:12 Winner of Chatham v Enfield play off will be in NLS next season.

I don’t think we’ve ever played Chatham but recall going to Enfield for an FA Cup match when we were 4th division and they were a good non league team.
Feel free to quote me if I'm wrong (I usually am!)... but the team we played back in '94 in the FA Cup was 'Enfield FC'... the team facing Chatham in the play-offs is 'Enfield Town FC' who I think were formed in the early 2000s by supporters who were fed up with the owner of 'Enfield FC'

So, by my reckoning, we've never played either of the two aforementioned clubs.

:whistle:
''I was born under the Mini Stand....''
NotStickingItIn
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by NotStickingItIn »

If the winners of AFC Totton vs Salisbury on Monday are AFC Totton we might well see the return of Scott Rendell to Plainmoor, also Tony Lee could be facing the mighty yellows. Now where have I heard his name suggested before? :whistle:
CornishGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by CornishGull »

United62 wrote: 03 May 2024, 10:54 Feel free to quote me if I'm wrong (I usually am!)... but the team we played back in '94 in the FA Cup was 'Enfield FC'... the team facing Chatham in the play-offs is 'Enfield Town FC' who I think were formed in the early 2000s by supporters who were fed up with the owner of 'Enfield FC'

So, by my reckoning, we've never played either of the two aforementioned clubs.

:whistle:
Correct. Enfield FC who we played in 1994 still exist and play in the Isthmian League division North although nowadays they ground share with Bishops Stortford.
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

If we are really talking about next season, lets start with a manager that understands this league and how it is improving season on season and possesses the ability and strategies to organise a team in more than one way. How we build a defence that doesnt have the third worst goals conceded as we did and expect anything other than abject failure, lets not have a squad of 22/23 when close to ten of them spend more time on the treatment table than they do playing. Full time/part time/ hybrid of both matters less in this league, how many supposed no hope part time teams comfortably turned us over last season.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

Salisbury won the play off.
Should be a good away trip next season.
But probably mid week.