Potential Buyers

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Wolborough
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Wolborough »

You exaggerate.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by desperado »

Ok , for 'full of' put 'contains several'
RedGull1902
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by RedGull1902 »

Innocent until proven guilty ! Bullshit until proven true
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

There is an old saying "everything comes to he who waits"

I feel the News we await so anxiously will be sometime next week.

I remain optimistic.
Gull84
Trialist
Trialist

Post by Gull84 »

As mentioned previously I heard James Watt was at last Saturdays game congratulating players after the end of season awards were given. I wondered if anyone saw him during the match donning his cap?
This consortium rumour seems to have some legs with the names mentioned.
RobinStubbsHero
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Watches from: The sofa

Post by RobinStubbsHero »

:goodpost:
brucie wrote: 26 Apr 2024, 18:05 Its the best forum for all things Tufc
:goodpost:
toastkid
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: david graham

Post by toastkid »

The abuse aimed at Edwards at the Havant match was from about 6 individuals who probably have never met or spoken to Edwards and probably don't know the details of his role orhis financial involvement with the club. These guys have a name only and choose to vent their frustration at him.

Calling him a "see you next Tuesday" in earshot of 6 or 7 kids football teams sat in the stand, isn't good form in my book.

If they do have grounds to criticise him, then that's up to them, but they don't look like the brightest bulbs in the box.
PainInTheGULLiver85
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by PainInTheGULLiver85 »

Edwards has in involvement with Osborne’s other ventures.
Edwards was part of a plan to ruin tufc.

I would say only 6 people calling him a see u next Tuesday is a result for edwards as the majority are thinking it.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

firstly lets get this whole 'one forum is better than another' thing out of the way, to suggest that is utter nonsense, personally think I/we should be grateful to the admins of this forum, the BTPIR and TFF for giving us platforms to expresses and exchange opinions that cater for all ages and tastes, don't think it would be seen widely as a huge success if one forum was getting large number of daily posts from the same 5 people who are all retired, personally I read them all, I gain from them all, even though I'm known for posting here.

Now back on topic, I've kept my powder dry on this subject for a reason, I simply have no clue what's going on behind the scenes, the only thing I do know, I've had this from more than one player (horses mouth) Downes and the players are as much in the dark as we are.

All we've seen across all platforms is people fliting from conspiracy theories, to rumour, and other rumours again, leading to some way over the top emotional responses with out knowing what's reality, personally I won't react until 1) a new owner is confirmed 2) I've given them a fair hearing as to what their future plan for our club is.

This whole situation one way or another has to reach a conclusion soon, it's frustrating being kept in the dark, all we can do is hope for some good news soon.
Formerly known as forevertufc
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

It was a only a tongue in cheek reply. People take everything too seriously.

But as you say there is a place for both forums (otherwise I wouldnt read them both) - some clubs dont have any! - and you are quite correct, there is hard work involved in running the forums. For anyone who doesnt use the BTPIR forum, there is a wealth of information, particularly with regard to upcoming matches on opponents, playing squads, injuries etc - its all very interesting stuff.

Personally if I was a prospective owner I wouldnt be announcing anything until the sale of the club has actually been completed - given the dearth of information then obviously there are going to be rumours flying around. I dont really see anything wrong with that - as supporters we are all desperate to know what is happening.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Dont see what the "rush" is re new owners....
As long as they are in place and have an agenda for the NL AGM, don't see what the panic is....
Posters saying " we should have heard by now" etc. need to take a step back....
I mean it takes at least 6 weeks to buy a house!
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: 27 Apr 2024, 11:57 Dont see what the "rush" is re new owners....
As long as they are in place and have an agenda for the NL AGM, don't see what the panic is....
Posters saying " we should have heard by now" etc. need to take a step back....
I mean it takes at least 6 weeks to buy a house!
We all know that lawyers (and accountants) take a long time. Partly to dot the i’s and cross the t’s, partly to ensure they can charge a nice hefty fee.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

brucie wrote: 27 Apr 2024, 10:48 It was a only a tongue in cheek reply. People take everything too seriously.
It did make me chuckle 👍
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by desperado »

I suppose the rush is that we need to appoint a manager and crack on with signing players as soon as possible
Taelee73
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney jack
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Taelee73 »

Although of course we need to make sure all legalities are followed, and I am very grateful the future looks promising, we need this sorted and a manager in position ASAP, if not any and most of their preferred potential players will have been snapped up. Can’t be still rumbling on into mid May, that’ll only lead to a repeat of the marquee debacle, signing the left over scraps.