Potential Buyers

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
RobinStubbsHero
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Watches from: The sofa

Post by RobinStubbsHero »

If Messers Edwards and Hayman weren't going to be I involved, ask yourself why they both would be working at the club unpaid?
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

God this depressing

Hope it’s Cobblers, another 5 yrs in the duldrums followed by the same as we have now
The deluder
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by The deluder »

Tommy Gun was a single not an album. I saw them once at Leicester de Montfort hall. Amazing.
JimNichol'sdog
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by JimNichol'sdog »

I've said it before and make no apologies for repeating it, but if the infandous Edwards and Hayman are involved it's RIP Torquay United.
MoxGull2502
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by MoxGull2502 »

If Haymans and the Slimey Edwards are involved season tickets will be at an all time low.
Owlgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Owlgull »

JimNichol'sdog wrote: 24 Apr 2024, 19:51 I've said it before and make no apologies for repeating it, but if the infandous Edwards and Hayman are involved it's RIP Torquay United.
Infandous?? Just had to look it up - “infandous” is defined as something too odious to be expressed or mentioned.

Love it when I learn a new word :nod:
Kingsgull83
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by Kingsgull83 »

I completely agree Edwards and Hayman are toxic and have been a huge part in the demise of our beloved club over the last 6 years

But if they are employed by a consortium of wealthy local businessman does this spell the end? If if people do think that why? I assume any new owners will have learnt the lessons of CO and won’t be trying to sell Plainmoor for housing.

We did have a modicum of success for a few seasons but after Ashton Gate it seemed the investment slowly fell off a cliff which has left us where we are.

Don’t get me wrong I hope with all my heart they aren’t involved but if they are they must engage with the fans and will need to do a shit tone of work to try and win people over. I fear for many the damage is done and they won’t be forgiven.
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by North Curry House »

Your last paragraph says it all. Mel is ok but Edwards is a NO NO for me and a lot of others...he knew Osborne had not put any money into our club and was only wanting to get his hands on the land.
I DO NOT TRUST Edwards!
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

And you shouldn't trust Hayman either.....
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

Southampton Gull wrote: 26 Apr 2024, 12:24 And you shouldn't trust Hayman either.....
As a matter of hard facts I know little about edwards other than his association with osborne, similar on hayman, but she has been in place at the club for longer than both the former names, it is not a great leap to think that with both of them in post throughout osborne's reign and his subsquent departure they were ideally placed to not only know about all the debts and creditors and probably more than one skeleton, but also they may have had access to privileged information regarding other bids and bidders.Regardless it is all speculation until we know who the bidders are but edwards and hayman must have been blind, deaf and stupid if they did not see and hear the abuse they got during the Havant match.
If this is to be a clean start then for me they must play no part in the club.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Well if todays rumours are true then its all sounding extremely promising.
Nick Potkins
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Nick Potkins »

brucie wrote: 26 Apr 2024, 13:45 Well if todays rumours are true then its all sounding extremely promising.
Pointless post, without further details.
CornishGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by CornishGull »

brucie wrote: 26 Apr 2024, 13:45 Well if todays rumours are true then its all sounding extremely promising.
Don't assume that everyone on here also reads BTPIR.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

As I say just a rumour but I'll be having a glass of wingman ipa tonight in the hope that its true
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by North Curry House »

What news? You clearly did not learn anything from this forum because we do not know what you are talking about. Please enlighten us