Potential Buyers

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

Well then, survival secured - time for a clear out on and off the pitch and a fresh start
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

Surely the prospective owners were waiting to see if we’d stay up first? Be good to get some news…
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by United62 »

Now that our league safety is secured, I'm sure the club would NOW love to tell us who our new owner(s) is/are.
''I was born under the Mini Stand....''
Chill
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Chill »

standupsitdown wrote: 16 Apr 2024, 15:33 TUST is the fans representatives part of a consortium. Most of the money I assume will come from elsewhere but some will be required for place on the board. Other trusts have raised more than this and very quickly.
The trust is indeed the fans representative of a consortium, but that consortiums bid has fallen by the wayside, I'm guessing through a lack of money.

Other trusts have done well, and other teams play in the premiership!
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

United62 wrote: 17 Apr 2024, 10:07 Now that our league safety is secured, I'm sure the club would NOW love to tell us who our new owner(s) is/are.
If only it was that simple, there may be a confidentiality clause between buyer and club until they have done due diligence.
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by United62 »

culmstockgull wrote: 17 Apr 2024, 10:49 If only it was that simple, there may be a confidentiality clause between buyer and club until they have done due diligence.
Oh, I'm sure there is Culmstock... it was more wishful thinking rather than anything else.
''I was born under the Mini Stand....''
tufcjon
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Willie Brown

Post by tufcjon »

Chill wrote: 17 Apr 2024, 10:40 The trust is indeed the fans representative of a consortium, but that consortiums bid has fallen by the wayside, I'm guessing through a lack of money.

Other trusts have done well, and other teams play in the premiership!
That is incorrect. The TUST-led consortium bid has not fallen by the wayside through lack of money. The bid satisfied the requirements of the administrator and the National League. There was an alternative bid that was chosen in preference to it.

Let us hope that the administrator’s decision proves to be the correct one, that the deal goes through and sees a future just as bright but even better funded than the TUST consortium bid.
RobinStubbsHero
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Watches from: The sofa

Post by RobinStubbsHero »

tufcjon wrote: 17 Apr 2024, 17:42 That is incorrect. The TUST-led consortium bid has not fallen by the wayside through lack of money. The bid satisfied the requirements of the administrator and the National League.
As a matter of interest, how do you know this?
CP Gull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by CP Gull »

RobinStubbsHero wrote: 17 Apr 2024, 17:53 As a matter of interest, how do you know this?
If you know, you know 😉
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

CP Gull wrote: 17 Apr 2024, 18:53 If you know, you know 😉
:clap:
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by North Curry House »

tufcjon wrote: 17 Apr 2024, 17:42 That is incorrect. The TUST-led consortium bid has not fallen by the wayside through lack of money. The bid satisfied the requirements of the administrator and the National League. There was an alternative bid that was chosen in preference to it.

Let us hope that the administrator’s decision proves to be the correct one, that the deal goes through and sees a future just as bright but even better funded than the TUST consortium bid.
So the winning bid had more money, which means the TUST had insufficient.
Chill
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Chill »

tufcjon wrote: 17 Apr 2024, 17:42 That is incorrect. The TUST-led consortium bid has not fallen by the wayside through lack of money. The bid satisfied the requirements of the administrator and the National League. There was an alternative bid that was chosen in preference to it.

Maybe not through lack of money, but certainly lying by the wayside in a crumpled heap!

Are you able to say why the other bidders came out on top, 'cause something doesn't seem right here.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

North Curry House wrote: 17 Apr 2024, 20:25 So the winning bid had more money, which means the TUST had insufficient.
I'd suggest that the bid that TUST has been involved with came in with a budget and a business plan (we know that at least one of the people involved is wealthy), but there was another bid that had a bigger budget and business plan

Using the word 'insufficient' here seems a bit unfair as it put you in mind of a bid that barely had a tenner to spend, which clearly wasn't the case.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Taelee73
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney jack
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Taelee73 »

TUST said they needed 150k from us the fans for next next season. The consortium must have proved they could cover that cost regardless if we hadn’t been able to raise the funds, and that’s why they were approved. I’m not sure if we would raise that money though as we struggled to raise 25k just to survive as a club, although I concede that money was to allow us to continue and the 150k I guess would give the fans each a share in the club?

A fan owned and run club should be the long term solution for us, however if someone is coming in and spending money to eventually still make us sustainable then this would shorten that timespan considerably. Exeter took what, around 15 years to get there.

Anyway until we hear, who knows the plans and funds available.
Stoneybroke
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Stoneybroke »

Regarding the new owners of Torquay United

I hope I'm wrong...but I think if they are a complete new team with no previous connections to TUFC, then surely an announcement should be made before tomorrow's game .

It would be an ideal opportunity to tell the fans what's happening in the coming months and ease all the current worries we have at present

If no announcement is made ,I fear the worst !! And that the new owners include Edwards and the Hayman's plus maybe one or two others.

If this is the case...no way would any news be broadcast in front of an expected large contingent of Yellow Army Fans !!!

Imagine the response!!!... Uproar!!