Potential Buyers

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
tufcjon
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Willie Brown

Post by tufcjon »

Chill wrote: 17 Apr 2024, 10:40 The trust is indeed the fans representative of a consortium, but that consortiums bid has fallen by the wayside, I'm guessing through a lack of money.

Other trusts have done well, and other teams play in the premiership!
That is incorrect. The TUST-led consortium bid has not fallen by the wayside through lack of money. The bid satisfied the requirements of the administrator and the National League. There was an alternative bid that was chosen in preference to it.

Let us hope that the administrator’s decision proves to be the correct one, that the deal goes through and sees a future just as bright but even better funded than the TUST consortium bid.
RobinStubbsHero
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Watches from: The sofa

Post by RobinStubbsHero »

tufcjon wrote: 17 Apr 2024, 17:42 That is incorrect. The TUST-led consortium bid has not fallen by the wayside through lack of money. The bid satisfied the requirements of the administrator and the National League.
As a matter of interest, how do you know this?
CP Gull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by CP Gull »

RobinStubbsHero wrote: 17 Apr 2024, 17:53 As a matter of interest, how do you know this?
If you know, you know 😉
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

CP Gull wrote: 17 Apr 2024, 18:53 If you know, you know 😉
:clap:
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by North Curry House »

tufcjon wrote: 17 Apr 2024, 17:42 That is incorrect. The TUST-led consortium bid has not fallen by the wayside through lack of money. The bid satisfied the requirements of the administrator and the National League. There was an alternative bid that was chosen in preference to it.

Let us hope that the administrator’s decision proves to be the correct one, that the deal goes through and sees a future just as bright but even better funded than the TUST consortium bid.
So the winning bid had more money, which means the TUST had insufficient.
Chill
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Chill »

tufcjon wrote: 17 Apr 2024, 17:42 That is incorrect. The TUST-led consortium bid has not fallen by the wayside through lack of money. The bid satisfied the requirements of the administrator and the National League. There was an alternative bid that was chosen in preference to it.

Maybe not through lack of money, but certainly lying by the wayside in a crumpled heap!

Are you able to say why the other bidders came out on top, 'cause something doesn't seem right here.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

North Curry House wrote: 17 Apr 2024, 20:25 So the winning bid had more money, which means the TUST had insufficient.
I'd suggest that the bid that TUST has been involved with came in with a budget and a business plan (we know that at least one of the people involved is wealthy), but there was another bid that had a bigger budget and business plan

Using the word 'insufficient' here seems a bit unfair as it put you in mind of a bid that barely had a tenner to spend, which clearly wasn't the case.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Taelee73
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney jack
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Taelee73 »

TUST said they needed 150k from us the fans for next next season. The consortium must have proved they could cover that cost regardless if we hadn’t been able to raise the funds, and that’s why they were approved. I’m not sure if we would raise that money though as we struggled to raise 25k just to survive as a club, although I concede that money was to allow us to continue and the 150k I guess would give the fans each a share in the club?

A fan owned and run club should be the long term solution for us, however if someone is coming in and spending money to eventually still make us sustainable then this would shorten that timespan considerably. Exeter took what, around 15 years to get there.

Anyway until we hear, who knows the plans and funds available.
Stoneybroke
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Stoneybroke »

Regarding the new owners of Torquay United

I hope I'm wrong...but I think if they are a complete new team with no previous connections to TUFC, then surely an announcement should be made before tomorrow's game .

It would be an ideal opportunity to tell the fans what's happening in the coming months and ease all the current worries we have at present

If no announcement is made ,I fear the worst !! And that the new owners include Edwards and the Hayman's plus maybe one or two others.

If this is the case...no way would any news be broadcast in front of an expected large contingent of Yellow Army Fans !!!

Imagine the response!!!... Uproar!!
TommyGunn
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by TommyGunn »

Stoneybroke wrote: 19 Apr 2024, 23:44 Regarding the new owners of Torquay United

I hope I'm wrong...but I think if they are a complete new team with no previous connections to TUFC, then surely an announcement should be made before tomorrow's game .

Looking Ahead

No-one at Plainmoor can pretend that 2023/24 has gone how we would have wanted or planned, and amid the celebrations and relief shown in Somerset was the determination that this night will go on to serve as a springboard for future success.

Although securing our status in the division was an achievement in itself, given the setbacks and uncertainty of the past three months, Torquay United AFC is a Club that continues to aspire to play its football much higher up the footballing ladder, and with you, the supporters, firmly behind us, we will continue to strive towards the success we all crave. No supporters throughout the land deserve it more.

Last week, the Club announced that a preferred bidder to take over the club had been identified, and we are pleased to inform supporters that discussions are continuing regarding concluding the sale. As soon as we are able to provide a further update regarding the purchasing process, we will, of course, update our supporters accordingly.

In the meantime, we thank you for your continued support & patience, and most of all, for standing with us.

There’s every reason to be optimistic about the future. :-/
knightmaregull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by knightmaregull »

With Clarke now officially outed by Companies House records as having only been interested in a property windfall, I keep thinking back to the farce of that online fans forum.

Leaving aside thoughts as to Clarke's character and what karma may hopefully have in store for the future, and ignoring George as, presumably, his obedient lap dog, that leaves Mel. She sat there acting as the face of the fans and upholding the desires and intentions of her fellow directors. She comes from a family of loyal supporters after all.

I can just about make peace with greedy business people looking to use the club for personal greed but how can Mel justify her role in it all? Can we really believe she was not aware of the grand plan, when it had been so obvious even to casual supporters all along? Was she really unable to stand up to them regarding their aggressive stance in dealing with TUST, travel club and fans as a whole?

Just one of many unanswered questions and perhaps she will seek to clarify her role off the back of the Companies House detail soon.

Bringing it back on topic though, I personally just hope she and the others are not seen at the club again, let alone part of the new owner.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Agree wholeheartedly.

She was the Trojan horse as I've intimated time and time again. I'm glad someone else has chosen to highlight/ponder her role in the whole sorry saga.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Gull84
Trialist
Trialist

Post by Gull84 »

I have heard that James Watt was at Saturdays game, can anyone confirm this?
TommyGunn
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by TommyGunn »

Gemini founders Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss, have just invested $4.5m (about £3.6m) into Bedford town who intend to become a football league club within 10 years This is just the sort of investment Torquay need

The Bitcoin podcast owner of a non-league football club has said a county town where it is based can "support a team in the Premier League".

Peter McCormack, who comes from Bedford, said "patience" was needed to get "Real Bedford" into the top flight.

He took over Bedford FC in 2021 and on Tuesday secured a second successive promotion and will compete in the Southern League Division One Central next season, which is the eighth tier of the English football league pyramid.

He said with plans for Universal Studios to open a theme park in the area, the town "is only going to get bigger".

Mr McCormack said the club was "relentless about success" and "we're trying to build a club for the football league".

He said he was trying to do "something different" and create an international brand.

"We're seen as the Bitcoin club and if you're a Bitcoiner anywhere in the world you will be aware of our club," he said.

He said because of that it has access to sponsors, including Gemini founders Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss, who have just invested $4.5m (about £3.6m) into the club, to become co-owners.

"Everything is on track... having them as co-owners is a gift to the town," he said.

"Our ambition is big; we want to approach this professionally, do it right and that means investing in the club."

He said it was making a profit and has two audiences - people in Bedford who "want to support a team and are excited by the project"

Gemini founders Cameron and Tyler Winkl ... e bigger".

The other is its US fanbase, which he said was 60-70% of the total, who are able to watch live coverage on streaming services.

The club's McMullen Park ground, just off the A421 near Cardington and right next to Bedford Town's ground, is owned by Bedford Borough Council and the lease runs out in two years.

Mr McCormack said he was negotiating an extension, but the long-term plan was to move "somewhere bigger".
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Apparently not Brewdog.