Potential Buyers

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Skillsy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Skillsy »

Purveyor of Doom......

You may well have a big surprise coming your way pretty soon, one you probably won't appreciate :scarf:
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

knightmaregull wrote: 08 Apr 2024, 20:43 Absolutely true. Hence the club needing to be run sustainably with focus on medium to long term rather than trying to buy immediate success. The post Bateson era has proved this to be needed but still people are knocking TUST and wanting to gamble on Masters, Hayman etc. Crazy!
If my memory is more than partially correct a considerable amount of the money that Thea Bristow invested went into the construction of Bristows bench, a fitting monument no doubt, however I do remember that season we were still in the league but struggling badly, if only half of the cost of bristows had been invested into the team ,well i suspect we would still have been in the league, I do appreciate the old stand had been rightly condemned and what was left was a serious fire hazard but there was no urgency to re build at that time and on such a grandeous level, but it seemed a new stand was more inportant than league survival it has never been full to this day, we could have lived with a three sided ground, look at Oxford united. I suspect she was badly advised by people who took advantage for their own benefit but that seems to be a recurring theme in one form or another where Torquay is concerned.
Taelee73
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney jack
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Taelee73 »

I'd imagine they wanted a permanent structure to be remembered by, rather than a time slot in people's memories of them owning the club.

Skillsy, just tell us what you've heard, not these vague allusions of knowledge.
Skillsy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Skillsy »

Taelee,

Apologies if it read like I knew something, was only meant tongue in cheek. For the record, I don't have any knowledge on the subject. Sorry for any confusion.
Taelee73
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney jack
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Taelee73 »

No problem Skillsy, apologies if I sounded frustrated.

Think we all just want to know if we'll have a football club next season, then we can worry about full/part time, the division we're in and the ability of the owners to move us forward.

Hopefully the owners will communicate with total transparency, fed up with hidden agendas and trying to second guess people's true intentions.
TommyGunn
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by TommyGunn »

Torquay United AFC is pleased to advise its supporters that a preferred bidder to take over the Club has now been identified.

Following on from the announcement last Friday that Scott Kippax, Neil Vinnicombe and Simon Haskew of Begbies Traynor have been appointed as joint administrators of the Club, extensive work and discussions have been taking place behind the scenes over the past few days.

Out of the firm bids received by TUFC, one party has now been identified as the preferred bidder.

Although the preferred bidder will remain confidential at this stage, this news is the latest, and perhaps most significant yet, towards securing the Club’s long-term future.

We will continue to provide supporters with further updates as and when possible, however in the meantime, we would like to place on record our thanks to all bidding parties, the Club’s staff, National League, Sport England, Lloyds Bank, Club’s creditors and most of all our beloved supporters for their hard work, assistance, generosity and patience during the past two months.

https://torquayunited.com/club-update-p ... -selected/
CourtierGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by CourtierGull »

Good news, hopefully!

Seeing as they like to still remain anonymous, that would mean that it won’t be the TUST.

Please please don’t let it be Edwards.
TommyGunn
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by TommyGunn »

Who speaks for Torquay United and decides it's their prefered bidder? Is it not up to the administrators?
gullsgullsgulls
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Sills

Post by gullsgullsgulls »

Until Osborne legally agrees to write off the outstanding debt, the club is beholden to him. He will have the power to dictate who buys the club.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

gullsgullsgulls wrote: 09 Apr 2024, 21:18 Until Osborne legally agrees to write off the outstanding debt, the club is beholden to him. He will have the power to dictate who buys the club.
Not now we are in administration.
They call the shots and will take the best bid/best offer.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Dave Thomas saying that TUST are NOT the preferred bidder.
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by North Curry House »

Skillsy wrote: 08 Apr 2024, 23:38 Purveyor of Doom......

You may well have a big surprise coming your way pretty soon, one you probably won't appreciate :scarf:
Sounds like George Edwards is part of the preferred bid.

After Osborne, that is the worst case scenario......he is Osborones "yes man".....who knows he is probably still telling him what to do. We need a clean break from these parasites.
gullsgullsgulls
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Sills

Post by gullsgullsgulls »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: 09 Apr 2024, 22:21 Not now we are in administration.
They call the shots and will take the best bid/best offer.
Legally of course. But if Osborne’s debt waiver is contingent on his preferred bidder then that is the best bid by default.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

If I was a betting man I would say it is George (the Silent Assassin) Edwards and his cohort. Its a gamble but as he was a director of Pontins Bingo Ltd he will surely be looking for a 'full-house' at Plainmoor. More concerning would be his connection to Osborne and to the same property companies that has seen the demise of Swindon Speedway. Lets hope there is no hidden agenda!
Skillsy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Skillsy »

North Curry, et al....

I am sorry if I created the impression I knew something.......I do not.

My post was meant to be tongue in cheek but, given the current situation, was ill-advised

Whoever the new owners may be, I hope this is the start of a new beginning for our great club.

Forza Torquay United.