Potential Buyers

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

desperado wrote: 05 Apr 2024, 12:01 I understand the feelings towards Edwards but can someone explain why Mel Hayman is 'disliked' so much to put it mildly?
From what I can tell it's being tainted by association. If you're involved with a regime that everybody hates, you'll be associated with that regime regardless of whether or not you try to be a moderating influence behind the scenes. The online fans forum that took place a few months back also made her look like an Osborne lackey.

i don't know her myself, but while she may be a die-hard TUFC supporter with the very best of intentions, her actions (or inactions) in the past few years do not show her in a good light. She could have resigned from the board, done an interview in the paper and then got behind a bid and people would probably welcome her with open arms - but she kept silent and complicit with the GI chicanery.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
leetufc
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by leetufc »

JimNichol'sdog wrote: 05 Apr 2024, 13:04 If bids have been received why will it take up to a fortnight to decide which one to accept?

Presumably the administrators will now make the decision.
I would imagine there needs to be sufficient time to complete the relevant evaluation of the bids, due diligence on their claims and finances etc. Needs time to make sure any bid chosen actually stands up once the process is rolling
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

happytorq wrote: 05 Apr 2024, 14:14 From what I can tell it's being tainted by association. If you're involved with a regime that everybody hates, you'll be associated with that regime regardless of whether or not you try to be a moderating influence behind the scenes. The online fans forum that took place a few months back also made her look like an Osborne lackey.

i don't know her myself, but while she may be a die-hard TUFC supporter with the very best of intentions, her actions (or inactions) in the past few years do not show her in a good light. She could have resigned from the board, done an interview in the paper and then got behind a bid and people would probably welcome her with open arms - but she kept silent and complicit with the GI chicanery.
Added to this is the insinuation from Osborne that she works as a volunteer; why would you work for free unless you agree with what those running the club say and do?
exilegull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by exilegull »

hector wrote: 05 Apr 2024, 14:33 Added to this is the insinuation from Osborne that she works as a volunteer; why would you work for free unless you agree with what those running the club say and do?
Maybe because you can have more positive influence by sitting inside the tent than outside?
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

exilegull wrote: 05 Apr 2024, 15:14 Maybe because you can have more positive influence by sitting inside the tent than outside?
Well, that didn't work really did it?
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

exilegull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by exilegull »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: 05 Apr 2024, 16:36 Well, that didn't work really did it?
How do you know? Perhaps it could have got even worse, sooner. Perhaps her presence there prevented money being siphoned out the club. Or perhaps indeed there was nothing practical that could be done as the club simply is not capable of being run solvently full-time without external injection.

Sometimes the only option available is to try and work with the devil and hope for the best.
Willowgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Willowgull »

The only positive I can see about the club going into Administration; the Administrators will now decide upon the preferred bidder (if any of them are suitable).

This begs the question; are any of the bids suitable? Why wasn't Osborne able to come to agreement with any of the bidders?

The Administrators will now look to streamline the club I suspect and look to make savings where they can. Money can't be spent without their say so.
exilegull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by exilegull »

Willowgull wrote: 05 Apr 2024, 17:33
This begs the question; are any of the bids suitable? Why wasn't Osborne able to come to agreement with any of the bidders?
Its likely it has gone into adminstration so an agreement can be reached with all creditors.
wbw
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by wbw »

exilegull wrote: 05 Apr 2024, 17:37 Its likely it has gone into adminstration so an agreement can be reached with all creditors.
All of whom will lose an awful lot of money.
Willowgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Willowgull »

Yes, very good point Exilegull. Obviously we don't know what debts the club has. But if a new bidder can come to an agreement I guess it is in their best interests?
exilegull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by exilegull »

Willowgull wrote: 05 Apr 2024, 18:08 Yes, very good point Exilegull. Obviously we don't know what debts the club has. But if a new bidder can come to an agreement I guess it is in their best interests?
Yes absolutely - Osborne is by far the largest creditor but the cleaner the slate any new bidder can start with the better.
Nick Potkins
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Nick Potkins »

Can people please show a little sense when questioning why Mel and George are still working for the club. There is paperwork to do, accounts to pay and keep. Plus hundreds of day to day tasks to keep the club running. We would not have a game tomorrow without certain blocks being in place. Would you prefer the new owners to pick up a going concern or a club dumped by all and not completing the season. Like it or not, they may be more critical than ever right now.
CornishGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by CornishGull »

happytorq wrote: 05 Apr 2024, 14:14 From what I can tell it's being tainted by association.
You don't know the half of it, she played an essential role in Osborne's capture of the club and was actually sacked by the Philips consortium as a result. Her place on the board is for services rendered to Osborne.
Pikey_Gull
New Signing
New Signing

Post by Pikey_Gull »

You could possibly call it Corporate Espionage
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Oh when the truth comes out.....
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com