Potential Buyers

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
wbw
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by wbw »

The Great Muta! wrote: 30 Mar 2024, 11:22 No doubt about it, how on earth got his mitts on the club in the first place is a mystery to me.
It's not a mystery to the rest of us lol
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

The Great Muta! wrote: 30 Mar 2024, 18:05 I said I know, what I cannot figure out is why it's been allowed to happen, as for posting on this forum, as a fan who's followed Gulls for over 40years home and away, I feel I'm in a position to talk on these matters...after all the troubles we've had over the years on and off the park, how CO was ALLOWED to get control, that's the issue that pissed me off.
He had a little help from inside. Make of that what you will. The facts are in this thread, you've just got to choose between the truth, the bullshit and the distraction. Samuel does have a couple of things totally correct without knowing it 👍
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

wbw wrote: 30 Mar 2024, 18:15 It's not a mystery to the rest of us lol
You're not us, you're them!!!
Dave

Taelee73
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney jack
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Taelee73 »

Yeofan, what’s the point of you posting on here?

You have offered nothing apart from vague notions of ‘Alan Sugar’ expertise of raising funds, but without any intention of actually helping us and the odd ‘I told you so’ post. You obviously also have no sway within your own club, did you offer your services last season when they were in the mire?

Don’t try to pin your lack of intent to help us on a petty reaction to on one person calling you out for your demands to know all our financial history and vague assertions that you could help us.
samuel
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: colin bettany

Post by samuel »

It could be drivel Culmstock. I only posted to see if anyone could add to the suggestion. That's why I put 'not corroborated'. I can see how Osborne obtained control of the club, he was the only gig in town, however, I could never work out what his plan was. With the big housebuilders making £100,000,000 plus a year, £6,000,000 over 6 years really is chickenfeed. Anyway, not really relevant now. We should all look towards the future and get behind anyone who taking over the club who cares about the football side and the fans.
Dav99
New Signing
New Signing

Post by Dav99 »

Breaking news this morning.
It’s rumoured that Snoop Dog ( real name Calvin Cordozar Broadus Jr ) is in talks with unnamed others to take over the club .
Just been on national radio.
Finally a saviour , fingers crossed 🤞
greb46
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by greb46 »

Thanks for the April fool ,Dav 99
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

samuel wrote: 31 Mar 2024, 09:56 It could be drivel Culmstock. I only posted to see if anyone could add to the suggestion. That's why I put 'not corroborated'. I can see how Osborne obtained control of the club, he was the only gig in town, however, I could never work out what his plan was. With the big housebuilders making £100,000,000 plus a year, £6,000,000 over 6 years really is chickenfeed. Anyway, not really relevant now. We should all look towards the future and get behind anyone who taking over the club who cares about the football side and the fans.
I can see where yourcoming from , samuel, who understands the mind of Osborne, while he may be a big cheese in his own fridge I doubt he mixes or has any connections to the real movers and shakers of this country let alone the housebuilders..
I would hope that any new owners can be established before the season goes much further, the full time/part time discusssion becomes academic if we get relegated and any potential bidderrs would undoubtedly re evaluate their bids if such a scenario came to pass.
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Louis »

greb46 wrote: 01 Apr 2024, 09:49 Thanks for the April fool ,Dav 99
Must admit he got me I googled :lol:
⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

culmstockgull wrote: 01 Apr 2024, 10:15 ...... I doubt he mixes or has any connections to the real movers and shakers of this country let alone the housebuilders........
You couldn't be more wrong if you tried!
Dave

CornishGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by CornishGull »

culmstockgull wrote: 01 Apr 2024, 10:15 I doubt he mixes or has any connections to the real movers and shakers of this country let alone the housebuilders..
Well he seems to get on fine with Taylor-Wimpey who building on the land he acquired in Swindon.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Precisely, Cornish. Don't think they weren't nudging him along the last few years either.
Dave

UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

Warnock there again today and apparently Masters
TommyGunn
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by TommyGunn »

Westcott expects Torquay to announce a preferred bidder by the end of the week, with that party then doing due diligence before a sale.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68713772
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

If we go part time under that ownership model you might as well turn off the lights now. I fully understand others will disagree with my view but IMHO we will stagnate and not progress anywhere
Dave