Potential Buyers

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

So who are these people with the TUST backed bid then. Does anyone really know. What is their model exactly? Is it to go part time and accept our level is now the NLS.

People saying they will back them with their own money is all well and good but personally I would want to know alot more first.
numpte
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Me

Post by numpte »

Who are the people? We all are!
TUST #324
Willowgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Willowgull »

So who exactly are the people that are going in with TUST. Does anyone know?
JimNichol'sdog
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by JimNichol'sdog »

The TUST statement names them!!
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

Admiral wrote: 13 Mar 2024, 18:56 I’m told the third party is a local wealthy individual who also happens to be a Torquay season ticket holder. Look at TUST’s recent statement about bidders, I can’t see any of the ones mentioned by this troll generating any excitement.
You heard it here first
Willowgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Willowgull »

I've read the statement. I'm asking if anyone knows who they are and if they might be a good fit?
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

Interesting news from the TUST this morning , as a member of the TUST I would like to see a lot more detail before I consider investing in a share offer,150 thousand required from us at say 100 pounds a share, well, you do the maths , I am lucky enough to be in a position where I can purchase shares but many do not have this luxury.
More inportantly a BBC news article dated the 8th March stated that a bidder(singular) had been identified who can deliver an exciting and deliverable solution to our troubles, as that quote came from the TUST I give it credence. Now that bidder seems to have gone and what we have left is a joint TUST bid with some local businessman and the TUST will invest some of the 60,000 they hold of our money, why not all of it, if they are waiting for a rainy day I think that day has long since come and gone, their crowdfunder stalled at five thousand which to me indicates a marked reluctance by fans to give unless we know a positive outcome is possible.
Do I want our club to be run by a group of very well intentioned but ultimately unqualified people other than their obvious love of the club, if its initially a 50/50 run club who makes the decisions, who decides who the manager is, who decides what players we acquire or release, will anything get done when decisions are made by committee and sub committees reporting to the committee, how many of these up to now volunteers will now acquire paid employment in the club, as mentioned a lot more information is required.
TommyGunn
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by TommyGunn »

culmstockgull wrote: 28 Mar 2024, 13:51
More inportantly a BBC news article dated the 8th March stated that a bidder(singular) had been identified who can deliver an exciting and deliverable solution to our troubles, as that quote came from the TUST I give it credence.
Can you point me in the direction of this article? Thanks.
Willowgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Willowgull »

Culmstock - you raise some very interesting and relevant points. I suspect most of which aren't even known by TUST as yet.
But, this may be a way of the fans eventually owing 100% of the club. It seams to work ok at Exeter!!
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Are you sure that TUST said that it was a single bidder. The consortium lead has over 7 million in his p/l according to companies house so I guess he was the wealthy individual referred to - I am guessing that he is now part of the TUST bid so I would also assume that if he throwing 150k in then that is chicken feed to him.

I would agree with culmstock -we need to know alot more about it. The issue with being part time is that we are unlikely to get out of this league as we will be at a massive disadvantage to London clubs in attracting players.
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

TommyGunn wrote: 28 Mar 2024, 13:58 Can you point me in the direction of this article? Thanks.
Cannot link it for some reason but its an article on BBC sport concerning Torquay United dated the 8th march.
smw89
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by smw89 »

I know Mark Bowes-Cavanagh, he’s a Mason with my Dad and I use to play football with him for Galmpton, he’s a good guy and does a lot of work for charity within the masons, definitely a local person who supports Torquay United
TommyGunn
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by TommyGunn »

culmstockgull wrote: 28 Mar 2024, 14:42 Cannot link it for some reason but its an article on BBC sport concerning Torquay United dated the 8th march.
I think I found it?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68512186

The TUST said at that time that it was unlikely they would make a bid. I assume now that there are no other suitable bids and it's either us running it, or going bust and to start again lower down the leagues as a phoenix club? Maybe we only have those options? Maybe it would be best to start again at a lower level as we know nothing all about running a club? Mistakes at a lower level won't matter so much. Need more info.
Last edited by TommyGunn on 28 Mar 2024, 16:18, edited 1 time in total.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

TommyGunn wrote: 28 Mar 2024, 15:48 I think I found it?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68512186

The TUST said at that time that it was unlikely they would make a bid. I assume now that there are no other suitable bids and it's either us running it, or going bust and to start again lower down the leagues as a phoenix club? Maybe we only have those options? Maybe it would be best to start again at a lower level as we know nothing all about running a club? Mistaes at a lower level won't matter so much. Need more info.
We don't know the conversations that have happened between this consortium and the Trust. I could see a situation in which the consortium have the readies to buy the club but feel that - since they're not immortal - it makes sense to have the trust involved at the boardroom level. If that's true, then it's reasonable that the trust would be asked to buy-in in the same way as any other member ofa consortium.

timing of the trust statement is intereststing, imo - I wonder if they've chosen to go public now because there are competing offers and they want the fans to to be 'on board' with one versus another.

obviously, I don't know all the details, but I don't think it's necessarily something we should be afraid of. As you said, though - more info needed.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Griff1n
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Danis Salman

Post by Griff1n »

Very exciting news from Nick and the TUST today. My concern is that if there are competing offers it won’t be the fans that decide which offer is going to be accepted.