Staying Up - Relegation Battle

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
The Great Muta!
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by The Great Muta! »

100% Dean and Booth,Lovett hasn't had a chance but he's always looked good when given a chance,Stobbs the jury is out on for me,Archer is raw but I'd keep, Dawson if fit not being sarcastic, I'd keep.The rest I'd allow to go.you can't go wholesale and bomb out the lot, a brand new 20 players or squad would take ages to bed in.
Skillsy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Skillsy »

Booth is the only player contracted past the end of this season. Nobody else.
leetufc
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by leetufc »

GKs - Would prob move on Halstead to save money, as imagine he is on decent money for this level, but ability wise he is good for this level. Promote Lovett to No 1.

Def - keep Booth. Maybe keep Moxey, but worried about age and fitness. Rest can leave.

Mid - Keep Stobbs. Dawson would keep if guarantee fitness, same for Laps. Hall is looking his age this season, so would let retire. Would keep Archer - young and rough but seen glimpses in there. Rest can leave.

St - keep Jarvis, but think he will go. Would keep Ash, based on previous form at this level, I think he could benefit under different management.
The Great Muta!
On the Bench
On the Bench

Forgot about Ash, agreed, at this level I'd deffo keep,I actually still rate Collins, but the past few appearances he's looked like he knows he's off, it's about 6 max from about 20players I'd keep.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

The Great Muta! wrote: 25 Mar 2024, 17:26 So Archer & Collins don't count?, both listed as strikers, H&R played midweek,are PART TIME and had 1 fit striker, it's hard to judge them on that performance alone
Why?
They were the "form" team in the league - and we beat them.
If they'd had beaten us 4-0 you'd have probably said they were the best team in the NLS!
You can only beat what's in front of you. End of.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

The Great Muta!
On the Bench
On the Bench

SuperNickyWroe wrote: 25 Mar 2024, 22:40 Why?
They were the "form" team in the league - and we beat them.
If they'd had beaten us 4-0 you'd have probably said they were the best team in the NLS!
You can only beat what's in front of you. End of.
I was coming back to someone who called me out on the fact we only had 1 fit striker, which wasn't the actual case, whereas the opposition did...
Brewers boy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jamie Reid
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Brewers boy »

This season Archer has scored 2 and Collins 1. I wouldn't call either of them strikers.
Brewers boy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jamie Reid
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Brewers boy »

This season Archer has scored 2 and Collins 1. I wouldn't call either of them strikers. Asa hall has scored more than both of them put together and he's been a sicknote for half the season.
The Great Muta!
On the Bench
On the Bench

Brewers boy wrote: 26 Mar 2024, 09:42 This season Archer has scored 2 and Collins 1. I wouldn't call either of them strikers. Asa hall has scored more than both of them put together and he's been a sicknote for half the season.
Their goal to game ratio isn't what I'm questioning, it's the fact they are listed as, or are strikers, somebody said we only had 1 fit striker on Sat, when we also had these two as well..👍
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

You must have seen them play and seen that they are not strikers ! Where is it listed that they are ? Attacking midfielders maybe but not strikers !
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

The Great Muta! wrote: 24 Mar 2024, 19:13 It's funny how fans see things differently, for me 17 losses would suggest this leagues been tougher than we thought it would be, even some of those wins in the 1st ten games we rode our luck, Aveley away, Braintree at home etc, Truro at home battered us, even Slough at home, Aveley, Taunton recently etc, all at times have made us look like the part timers, H&R yesterday had 1 fit striker so it hard to judge them on yesterday alone, they are part time and had played mid week, We are still full time with vast experience..Its a combination of underachieving, tougher opposition and behind the scenes issues have all played their part in where we are, I'm not entirely sure who out of this bunch I'd keep?.
The squad we'd put together coming into the season should absolutely have been play-off bound at the very least. They were mostly players who had done well towards the backend of last season. Our recruitment was poor in that plenty of the players we kept on ended up being injured, and that meant we didn't get to use our 'first XI' until very recently. Most of us felt pre-season that we were light in central defence, and so it has proved with goal after goal being conceded, and that's arguably the most frustrating part; it's been obvious to everybody since late august that we let in too many, but nobody was brought in to address it. Now that the owner has pulled out, it's entirely possible that the manager was told 'no more budget', but bloody hell, at least coach the defenders we do have on how not to let a 60 yard straight ball defeat us.

Jarvis, Hall, Lapslie, Dawson, Collins, Stobbs, Martin. All of these players whom you'd expect to be starting have been out for *months* this season, and that's just not good enough. Some of those (Jarvis and Stobbs that I can remember) were in game injuries, but some of the others are baffling. For example, did we know that Dawson was going to be out for 5 months *before* we offered him a contract? If not, why not, and if we did, that's just poor.

I don't know what the situation is regarding contracts for next year, but assuming they're basically all free to leave, who wohuld you keep? I'd offer a deal to probably Stobbs, Collins, Jarvis, Ash, and Lapslie. But I doubt more than 1 of them would sign even assuming we have a proper owner at that stage. Jarvis is clearly on his way out, and Collins and Stobbs could probably get a NL club too. I love Hall and Moxey but I don't know if either of them would fancy another NLS season. Hall would maybe go into coaching.

it's a complete squad rebuild in the summer, for sure.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
RedGull1902
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by RedGull1902 »

To tell the honest truth I would be very happy to get a new owner be in this league and would with a new squad take middtable!!! Then build from there, go part time as I see no difference to save lots of money , basically survive and go forward within our means👍
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by standupsitdown »

Truro 0 Dartford 0
Not a bad result for us tonight.
Taunton drop into the bottom 4.
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by North Curry House »

I would take 0-0 on Friday at Yeovil.
Stoneybroke
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Stoneybroke »

With regard to part time. Being an old stager I used to go in the Eric Webber era, and I'm sure some maybe all I was not aware could have been part time.

This was in the early 50's an I think remember Erny Pym, Ronnie Shaw and Sammy Collins were part timers

Maybe someone in my age bracket could throw a bit more light on this?