Neil Warnock great bloke

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
TommyGunn
On the Bench
On the Bench

Neil Warnock great bloke

Post by TommyGunn »

I'm a big admirer of Neil Warnock. :bow:

But I was just thinking back to us playing Scarborough in 1987. Young Neil was their manager.

They had just been promoted to the football league. My vague memory is one of going home from plainmoor totally pissed off and frustrated. Beaten by this bunch of part timers cloggers 1 nil.

If my memory is correct they scored against the run of play and then proceeded to lump the ball miles out of the ground at every opportunity. I had never seen anything so bizarre in my life. I went home hating Scarborough and Neil Warnock. Neil knows how to hang on to a lead. :lol:

A young Neil looking forward to their first season in the football league. Putting up the fences for the visit of Wolves.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=450355002004202
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Remember it well. Then when later visiting teams came to Plainmoor and kicked one out of the ground we'd all chant "Scarborough, Scarborough" !
He would be getting results out of this lot that's for sure.
wbw
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by wbw »

May be involved with one of the consortiums
TommyGunn
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by TommyGunn »

desperado wrote: 22 Mar 2024, 16:03 Remember it well. Then when later visiting teams came to Plainmoor and kicked one out of the ground we'd all chant "Scarborough, Scarborough" !
He would be getting results out of this lot that's for sure.
You are right. He would soon make men of boys. I remember Darren Moore improved and got young player of the year.
Taelee73
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney jack
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Taelee73 »

He's a marmite manager. If he's yours, you love him, the opposition, you hate him.

From what I remember, (though I don't trust my memory much anymore) we'd played well but ultimately lost 4-3 at Argyle and then had been abysmal in that 1-8 defeat to Scunthorpe. Those defeats seemed terrible until this season

But yes,the change was instant, they would smash players, the ball anywhere away from danger. The spirit was amazing and most of us wished he'd stayed on.

Would be happy if he was part of a consortium, his knowledge, contacts would be very beneficial. But even if it's just helping out in the short term, we thank him

Hope he gets a good reception tomorrow.
Nick Potkins
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Nick Potkins »

I would love Neil to be involved in a consortium. However, I question why he's spoken out. Does this mean he's not involved.
knightmaregull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by knightmaregull »

It would be great if he could do a fundraiser Q & A gig as part of his tour. Would be sure to be a sellout.
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by North Curry House »

Taelee73 wrote: 22 Mar 2024, 17:54 He's a marmite manager. If he's yours, you love him, the opposition, you hate him.

From what I remember, (though I don't trust my memory much anymore) we'd played well but ultimately lost 4-3 at Argyle and then had been abysmal in that 1-8 defeat to Scunthorpe. Those defeats seemed terrible until this season

But yes,the change was instant, they would smash players, the ball anywhere away from danger. The spirit was amazing and most of us wished he'd stayed on.

Would be happy if he was part of a consortium, his knowledge, contacts would be very beneficial. But even if it's just helping out in the short term, we thank him

8-1 home defeat to Scunthorpe was after Neil Warnock's time at Plaimoor.

Great to see him back this afternoon, I sat next to him at Derby cupatch, when TUFC did not want him there in case he upset GJ. Neil is a fantastic FOOTBALL man. If appointed 18 months ago, we would never of been relegated. Get him on board as a owner, manager, CEO....anything the fans want him. WE NEED HIM.

COYY
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by North Curry House »

Taelee73 wrote: 22 Mar 2024, 17:54 He's a marmite manager. If he's yours, you love him, the opposition, you hate him.

8-1 home defeat to Scunthorpe was after Neil Warnock's time at Plaimoor.

Great to see him back this afternoon, I sat next to him at Derby cupatch, when TUFC did not want him there in case he upset GJ. Neil is a fantastic FOOTBALL man. If appointed 18 months ago, we would never of been relegated. Get him on board as a owner, manager, CEO....anything the fans want him. WE NEED HIM.

COYY
Taelee73
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney jack
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Taelee73 »

Ahh, thanks for that

I knew it was Dons last game for us and thought Warnock took over from him.
TommyGunn
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by TommyGunn »

Paul compton was the manager as far as I remember and Neil came in to assist around Feb????