Potential Buyers

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
TommyGunn
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by TommyGunn »

culmstockgull wrote: 22 Mar 2024, 13:40 Good article on devon live that not exactly fills me with hope but gives cause for optimism in that Neil Warnock is helping with talking to potential investsors and will be at the ground tomorrow, perhaps he could find his way into the dugout.
That would be fantastic if they could get him onboard. He gets players to run through fire. Top bloke.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

culmstockgull wrote: 22 Mar 2024, 13:40 Good article on devon live that not exactly fills me with hope but gives cause for optimism in that Neil Warnock is helping with talking to potential investsors and will be at the ground tomorrow, perhaps he could find his way into the dugout.
Says in the BBC article that he's said that won't be happening........
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Yeofan
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Yeofan »

exilegull wrote: 22 Mar 2024, 13:35 In a crappy location making it very difficult to attract enough good quality part-time players as their opportunities for their professional careers are limited.

We've just had full time NL level and it cost £1million a year of external funding to support that, so what is changing? The average annual deficit in the National League is around £700k, most teams are relying on external support to compete at that level and other clubs have the advantage of owning their own ground and the additional revenues that can bring.
Yes, good point. TBF the average is a bit skewed by some of the huge spenders ( Wrexham / Notts / Chesterfield ), and there are teams on small budgets such as Wealdstone and Maidenhead, but as you say in areas maybe easier to attract players, and owning their grounds. I guess you have to just hope any new owner isn't another CO.
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

The Great Muta! wrote: 21 Mar 2024, 22:26 Talking shit??, are you for real?, Smurthwaite is a clown pal, you know, I know, Gulls fans deep down know it,Vale fans know it, Carol Shanahan knows it, ...how many fans would like to get their hands on CO?, Plenty would, it's no different with Vale fans against Smurthwaite, trust me on this, if he gets his mitts on TUFC, our problems won't be Beaconsfield away next season, we'll be a bona fide "basket case" in no time and cease trading.Thats not me being negative listening to rumours etc etc, he would run us into the ground.
Your just using Google without any clue

Don't believe Smurthwaite is involved at all
knightmaregull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by knightmaregull »

All hopes for a 'fit and proper' owner are academic. CO will be seeking whoever will pay him the most, whether that's Smurthwaite, Hitler, Stalin or the Dulex Dog.

All we can hope is that, if there are 'good owners' in the mix that they happen to outbid the 'bad owners'.

Only time will tell whether actually liquidation and start again would be the best long term.option for football in Torquay (and therefore also whether the same is true when CO took over).
Wubble U
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: The Sills
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Wubble U »

brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Great we've got someone buying the club with assets of 60k
numpte
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Me

Post by numpte »

Get your hands in your pockets ladies and gents. I'll have £500's worth.
TUST #324
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by standupsitdown »

brucie wrote: 28 Mar 2024, 11:34 Great we've got someone buying the club with assets of 60k
Please try to be positive at this time.

This is excellent news.

'The consortium members would be contributing a considerable sum to kickstart the project.'

'We envisage that this will happen through a Community Share Issue but will confirm the details of this in the coming few days.'
grubshed12
Trialist
Trialist

Post by grubshed12 »

numpte wrote: 28 Mar 2024, 11:35 Get your hands in your pockets ladies and gents. I'll have £500's worth.
Agreed 👍🏻 Same amount from me , that's 1k already. Let's do this 100% behind this . Let's take control of our club and never have to go through this again.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Why is it excellent news exactly?
numpte
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Me

Post by numpte »

Its better news than a pheonix club in a league 4 or 5 below where we are now. People need to start puttng their money where their mouth is. Stop relying on one person to fund and contribute to a collective effort. Own it, be invested in it.
TUST #324
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by standupsitdown »

brucie wrote: 28 Mar 2024, 12:36 Why is it excellent news exactly?
Save the club.
Ownership by fans with the motivation to keep the club going sustainably and not by individuals who have unrealistic aims or simply want the club for their own purposes - property.
Nick Potkins
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Nick Potkins »

Fantastic news and a scheme that I would be looking join and back. My only observation as this time would be, this is the TUST backed group. Who are the other parties, why should we not consider them?