Torquay United v Taunton Town TUE 12th.

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
CornishGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by CornishGull »

North Curry House wrote: 13 Mar 2024, 13:31

TG, I will accept your apology on this forum once the above is proved to be correct.
Bell-end
madgull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by madgull »

RedGull1902 wrote: 12 Mar 2024, 22:28 When it come to predictions for the tonbridge game when I expect everybody will predict a big win ,I will ask them to explain why! Will start tonbridge win 4-0, why? Because we can’t pass, defend, create, score, hope I’m wrong probably won’t be,and yes I will be there god knows why!
Why do you think you feel the need to take out your frustration on other fans when things go badly, RedGull? The other month it was "WAAAHH EVERYONE IS STUPID COS THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT THE PLAYOFFS" when no-one was, now it's people having fun in a predictor league.

Funnily enough, North Curry House also claimed people were still talking about the playoffs the other day, another astute football brain...

It's crap, the situation is crap, and your guys' antics make me wonder whether you're actually just trolling.... :whistle:
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

I was at Plainmoor last night and I have to say Taunton were very well drilled and always had cover when we threatened their goal which was not very often.

What really concerns me now that we have been deducted 10 points is our appalling form. The last 15 games have yielded just 11 points from a possible 45 with just 2 wins.

However Aaron Downes keeps saying he has faith in the players and they know they can be better but sadly on the evidence of last night and the last 15 games it is crystal clear we are a very poor team and inexperience in crucial positions is costing us.

What I fail to understand is that Downes who was a very good center back in his long career cannot seem to get the team into a proper shape and as a result we are all over the place and it shows in our results.

At times the gaps are comical and so often it is the opposition who look like the Full Time Professionals and not us.

Aaron really has a job on his hands now it is make or break time.
Taelee73
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney jack

Post by Taelee73 »

Would help having Booth in his preferred position as centre back alongside Marshall. At least we’d have some physicality there then, Tomlinson is a disaster at the moment.
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

portugull wrote: 13 Mar 2024, 18:03 I was at Plainmoor last night and I have to say Taunton were very well drilled and always had cover when we threatened their goal which was not very often.

What really concerns me now that we have been deducted 10 points is our appalling form. The last 15 games have yielded just 11 points from a possible 45 with just 2 wins.

However Aaron Downes keeps saying he has faith in the players and they know they can be better but sadly on the evidence of last night and the last 15 games it is crystal clear we are a very poor team and inexperience in crucial positions is costing us.

What I fail to understand is that Downes who was a very good center back in his long career cannot seem to get the team into a proper shape and as a result we are all over the place and it shows in our results.

At times the gaps are comical and so often it is the opposition who look like the Full Time Professionals and not us.

Aaron really has a job on his hands now it is make or break time.
No matter how hard you work,ho much skill you have sometimes you have to admit defeat in those you train, they either do not have it in them to play pro football, they do nt have the brain for it or their heart is not just in it, you cannot turn a sows ear, etc etc, probably why we got in booth and nelson, now we play with what we have, I think we will escape relegation if we dont it is because the team does not have the balls for a fight.
RedGull1902
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by RedGull1902 »

madgull wrote: 13 Mar 2024, 17:42 Why do you think you feel the need to take out your frustration on other fans when things go badly, RedGull? The other month it was "WAAAHH EVERYONE IS STUPID COS THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT THE PLAYOFFS" when no-one was, now it's people having fun in a predictor league.

Funnily enough, North Curry House also claimed people were still talking about the playoffs the other day, another astute football brain...

It's crap, the situation is crap, and your guys' antics make me wonder whether you're actually just trolling.... :whistle:
Madgull, yes I was venting, and after a day I now see that was wrong , all this what is going on is crazy, our club falling like a stone!! I apologise to Dave! As for trolling I am 61 and don’t even know what that is! But if it means I am not a fan of this club your wrong, I will be there on sat with my daughter with shirts on and dragged her boyfriend along as well, if your there might share a pint and a chat!!
TommyGunn
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by TommyGunn »

RedGull1902 wrote: 13 Mar 2024, 19:10 Madgull, yes I was venting, and after a day I now see that was wrong , all this what is going on is crazy, our club falling like a stone!! I apologise to Dave! As for trolling I am 61 and don’t even know what that is! But if it means I am not a fan of this club your wrong, I will be there on sat with my daughter with shirts on and dragged her boyfriend along as well, if your there might share a pint and a chat!!
Top man. We all say daft things because we are passionate about our club.
Lets now get behind the players and try to build some confidence.
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by Modgull »

Having watched the highlights I realised that my original criticism of Tomlinson and Booth was entirely justified - both had poor games and were responsible not only for the three goals but the also the chance for the hit-bar and numerous other Taunton chances. Tomlinson in particular had a shocker. Now that we are officially in the relegation struggle I would suggest that our form over the last 15 matches makes us one of the favourites to go down again.
Phil

Another marathon beckons!