New Revenue ideas?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
wbw
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by wbw »

Interesting interpretation of responsibility!! Man City lose millions, but its obviously the accountants fault, not the Saudi owners. Stoke lose millions, but blame the accountant, nothing to do with the Bet365 owners. Chelsea lose billions, but.......get my drift.
Starting to embarrass yourself Gull, with the hatred for the staff working under COs instructions
leetufc
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by leetufc »

I think you have the more interesting interpretation of responsibility. Yes it ultimately sits on the owners shoulders, but pretty sure everyone below has their own level of responsibilities within the job description.

Did not do your job? Thats fine, its the owner who is responsible!
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

wbw wrote: 12 Mar 2024, 09:57 Interesting interpretation of responsibility!! Man City lose millions, but its obviously the accountants fault, not the Saudi owners. Stoke lose millions, but blame the accountant, nothing to do with the Bet365 owners. Chelsea lose billions, but.......get my drift.
Starting to embarrass yourself Gull, with the hatred for the staff working under COs instructions
I don't waste my energy hating anyone but I don't mind wasting it on the likes of you when your sole aim is to deflect and cause division. I'm sure Uncle Clarke will make room for you and her in his next endeavour. See if you can get him interested in Pompey 👌

And don't forget the season ticket deal, that was her idea so her responsibility, nobody else's, end of!!
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
wbw
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by wbw »

Just for the avoidance of doubt, I have absolutely no involvement in any of COs decisions, operations, companies...nada, zilch. If your dream world believes I have, then that is what they are...dreams.
Whatever I post, you will oppose, I'm just trying to be the man on the Clapham omnibus.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Did I say you did? No, I clearly wrote about future involvement with him seeing as you're so quick to defend him.
Dave

Hereford Gull66
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Jimmy Dunne

Post by Hereford Gull66 »

wbw, I think you should describe yourself as a contrarian, not as a man on the Clapham omnibus.

Yes you are entitled to your opinion, but you are definitely not the man on the Clapham omnibus, in fact I doubt anybody on this site could be described as that, given the many entrenched views.

As a strong supporter of GJ, even I recognised at the end that he had lost the vast majority of the fan base. As regards the owner I think he genuinely saw an opportunity to get us in to the league to mitigate his loses, or sell the club and even develop the ground at some point. Ashton Gate did for that and the last two years have been a downward trajectory.

The positive attitude from nearly all sides in the last few weeks has shown any potential owner what could be achieved.

Finally my view of the owner will be judged on his attitude to the sale, how much he thinks he may get out of it, or if he really walks away and rights off the losses.

Hopefully we will have a new owner who communicates, keeps the fan base on side, listens to some of the fundraising ideas so we can all pull together to get us back up the leagues.

coyy.
wbw
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by wbw »

Couldn't agree more, apart from perhaps GJ should have gone 18 months ago. A well balanced summary.
Hereford Gull66
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Jimmy Dunne

Post by Hereford Gull66 »

Interesting that the club website has an article on some of the volunteers helping on match days given some of the comments made in earlier posts.

I am sure that those at the club will look at the ideas suggested. Hopefully when the way forward with a new owner has happened they will do so with an open mind.

We want to be a traditional professionally run club, one of the 92, however we need to be agile responding to our current predicament, learning from perhaps some of the other clubs in all three of the conferences divisions.
WestLondonYellow
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by WestLondonYellow »

wbw wrote: 12 Mar 2024, 09:57 Interesting interpretation of responsibility!! Man City lose millions, but its obviously the accountants fault, not the Saudi owners. Stoke lose millions, but blame the accountant, nothing to do with the Bet365 owners. Chelsea lose billions, but.......get my drift.
Dave wrote "Because for one she's a Director not an employee and secondly she's supposedly an accountant and fan of TUFC. Do you find it sensible to see the club run up losses of 20k a week? I sure as hell do not"

You're attempt to belittle him is flawed. Here is why. Mel was a Director of the club, with Accountancy experience (But not the clubs/CO's Accountant) Do you see the difference WBW, get my drift?? He is even pointing it out to you, For one she's... and secondly She's...(Highlighted for you above)

Therefore, in theory, she was meant to have a say in the running of the club and with her Accountancy experience, should have being sounding a warning bell or had a much better influence, a long time ago about how the club was being run and the amount being spent.
Do i need to explain the difference to you further? in that you are trying to sound clever by saying that the Accountant for Man City would not be directly to blame (ie making the spending decisions) for City losing millions, or are you perhaps feeling embarrassed enough yourself now? I doubt it because you don't seem the type to be able to comprehend the point i'm making to you anyway.

Also, before you go there, yes I'm sure Dave can answer for himself, but he didn't call you out for your obvious nonsense in his last post to you, so I'm saying it. Furthermore, addressing Dave as Gull shows how little class you have and there is no way you are a genuine Torquay fan.
JimNichol'sdog
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by JimNichol'sdog »

Technically speaking, limited company directors are employees albeit in this case presumably unpaid and not in receipt of dividends.
CornishGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by CornishGull »

Southampton Gull wrote: 12 Mar 2024, 12:04 And don't forget the season ticket deal, that was her idea so her responsibility, nobody else's, end of!!
Was it her idea though? The club was already in hock to GI and she suggests cut price season tickets , then if I remember correctly she was sacked as Kevin Nicholson had to go and persuade season ticket buyers to cough up another pony.
But miraculously she returns to the club as one of Osborne's directors. Cause and effect, or is that to close to libel?
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

CornishGull wrote: 12 Mar 2024, 20:51 Was it her idea though? The club was already in hock to GI and she suggests cut price season tickets , then if I remember correctly she was sacked as Kevin Nicholson had to go and persuade season ticket buyers to cough up another pony.
But miraculously she returns to the club as one of Osborne's directors. Cause and effect, or is that to close to libel?
But if it wasn't her idea who else could have benefitted from such a suggestion ......
Dave

wbw
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by wbw »

WestLondonYellow wrote: 12 Mar 2024, 20:17 Dave wrote "Because for one she's a Director not an employee and secondly she's supposedly an accountant and fan of TUFC. Do you find it sensible to see the club run up losses of 20k a week? I sure as hell do not"

You're attempt to belittle him is flawed. Here is why. Mel was a Director of the club, with Accountancy experience (But not the clubs/CO's Accountant) Do you see the difference WBW, get my drift?? He is even pointing it out to you, For one she's... and secondly She's...(Highlighted for you above)

Therefore, in theory, she was meant to have a say in the running of the club and with her Accountancy experience, should have being sounding a warning bell or had a much better influence, a long time ago about how the club was being run and the amount being spent.
Do i need to explain the difference to you further? in that you are trying to sound clever by saying that the Accountant for Man City would not be directly to blame (ie making the spending decisions) for City losing millions, or are you perhaps feeling embarrassed enough yourself now? I doubt it because you don't seem the type to be able to comprehend the point i'm making to you anyway.

Also, before you go there, yes I'm sure Dave can answer for himself, but he didn't call you out for your obvious nonsense in his last post to you, so I'm saying it. Furthermore, addressing Dave as Gull shows how little class you have and there is no way you are a genuine Torquay fan.
Just a couple of things, as I'm really not trying to be clever.
1. A limited company director is an employee.
2. No, I don't think it is sensible to run a company on a weekly £20k loss, far from it. The owner does/did and the rest of the staff work for the owner.
3. Not trying to belittle anyone, just trying to explain my own thoughts.
4. I don't know the poster at all, so it would be extremely rude of me to address him as Dave. I can only really refer to his poster name. Damned if I do, rude if I don't!!
5. First game I saw involved my all time hero, Robin Stubbs. Apart from making me an old fart, I'm not sure what else I could do to be a genuine fan lol.

By the way, sorry for my late posting, but it takes me over 2 hours to get home from Plainmoor.