Osborne gone!

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
gullsgullsgulls
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Sills

Post by gullsgullsgulls »

I presume the club going bust would reflect badly on the Clarke Osborne brand - makes his bullsh*t tale even less believable for the next venture.

Therefore he still has a vested interested in getting the club sold as a going concern to someone who has the funds to invest. He can then spin this whole venture as him saving the club, selflessly investing £5m and finding a good buyer.

Even though his time at Torquay has hugely undermined my assumption that he is a shrewd businessman (he seems to be the only person in Torbay who didn’t foresee this conclusion), he will want to end it in the right way for selfish reasons.
greb46
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by greb46 »

A good reason to pay TUST Go Fund Me so Osborne won't be able to get his mitts on it.
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

greb46 wrote: 03 Mar 2024, 09:03 A good reason to pay TUST Go Fund Me so Osborne won't be able to get his mitts on it.
Fair to say Edwards’ continued presence being interpreted as an ‘essential operational cost’, has stopped me putting into the Club one as of yet.
JimNichol'sdog
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by JimNichol'sdog »

Slightly off topic, but I see that another club with a charlatan chairman, Accrington Stanley, has dismissed its manager John Coleman and assistant Jimmy Bell in a 42-word statement.

These two had given years of loyal service to the club, but the board sought fit to dismiss them in an undignified and perfunctory manner. Football club chairmen must be challenging estate agents, MPs and journalists in the race for the most despicable career path.
Taelee73
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney jack
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Taelee73 »

Edwards is meant to be volunteering his services, but who knows anymore. What I’d like to hear is that Pete Johnson has gone, if not, get him doing something.
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by North Curry House »

Taelee73 wrote: 03 Mar 2024, 17:59 Edwards is meant to be volunteering his services, but who knows anymore. What I’d like to hear is that Pete Johnson has gone, if not, get him doing something.
Yes change Peter Johnsons role to include other responsibilities and get him to leave. Make life uncomfortable for him. Change his role but not the job title (whatever that is).
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by North Curry House »

Rjc70 wrote: 03 Mar 2024, 17:11 Fair to say Edwards’ continued presence being interpreted as an ‘essential operational cost’, has stopped me putting into the Club one as of yet.
Best idea is to only give cash to Club, once new buyer is in place. I would not give it to TUFC now in case undesirables like Osborne or Edwards get their hands on it....and I would not give it to the.TUST as I believe they would keep cash to fight for control of the club. That is why Weymouth, as I understand it are thinking along my lines.

Rjc, let us hope new owner in place ASAP and we avoid going into administration and a ten point deduction.

COYY.
CornishGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by CornishGull »

gullsgullsgulls wrote: 03 Mar 2024, 08:49 I presume the club going bust would reflect badly on the Clarke Osborne brand - makes his bullsh*t tale even less believable for the next venture.
To be honest I doubt he gives a toss. His trail of destruction already includes Reading and Swindon speedway and numerous greyhound stadia.
Nick Potkins
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Nick Potkins »

Like him or not, George Edwards is a key figure at the moment. He is overseeing a number of key day to day activates, essential for the club to keep operating. Further, he may well be representing Osborne in takeover / ownership discussions. New potential owners will be going over accounts, asking questions and seeking answers. Someone, needs to supply this.

His services may vital to our survival. If he also walked away, who would deal with this - the administrators.!
SaintDoglet
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Rodney JackJackJack

Post by SaintDoglet »

North Curry House wrote: 03 Mar 2024, 19:44 Best idea is to only give cash to Club, once new buyer is in place. I would not give it to TUFC now in case undesirables like Osborne or Edwards get their hands on it....and I would not give it to the.TUST as I believe they would keep cash to fight for control of the club. That is why Weymouth, as I understand it are thinking along my lines.

Rjc, let us hope new owner in place ASAP and we avoid going into administration and a ten point deduction.

COYY.
why would you be against TUST controlling the club?
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

CornishGull wrote: 03 Mar 2024, 19:45 To be honest I doubt he gives a toss. His trail of destruction already includes Reading and Swindon speedway and numerous greyhound stadia.
Agree.
He's only interested in making money....
.......Failed this time and to the detriment of TUFC.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by happytorq »

North Curry House wrote: 03 Mar 2024, 19:44 Best idea is to only give cash to Club, once new buyer is in place. I would not give it to TUFC now in case undesirables like Osborne or Edwards get their hands on it....and I would not give it to the.TUST as I believe they would keep cash to fight for control of the club. That is why Weymouth, as I understand it are thinking along my lines.

COYY.
The club have said that any revenue coming in now is 'ringfenced' to keep the place running until an owner is found. Call me naive, but I don't think they would say that unless it is true. With Osborne having paid salaries at the end of February, that means that the end of March is when salaries should be getting paid again. If a new owner isn't in place by then (I imagine these things take time even if it's all agreed) we need to make sure we're paying our people.

I'm confused by the comment "I would not give to the TUST as I believe they would keep cash to fight for control of the club". They've consistently said they want to have enough money on hand to keep things ticking over in the even of the owner's withdrawal of support (as is the case now) so I would assume that if we're unable to pay our bills at the end of this month, that's when the war chest that TUST has accrued could come into play. They have always said they don't intend to buy the club with that money (it wouldn't get them very far).

Now, personally, I think the fans owning the club is a worthy long-term goal, but the trust isn't going to get anywhere near that when they have fewer than a thousand members and they each pay £2 a month. £24k a year barely pays the electricity bill, I suspect.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
wbw
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by wbw »

JimNichol'sdog wrote: 03 Mar 2024, 17:36 Slightly off topic, but I see that another club with a charlatan chairman, Accrington Stanley, has dismissed its manager John Coleman and assistant Jimmy Bell in a 42-word statement.

These two had given years of loyal service to the club, but the board sought fit to dismiss them in an undignified and perfunctory manner. Football club chairmen must be challenging estate agents, MPs and journalists in the race for the most despicable career path.
Except they have issued a wonderful tribute to both the manager and assistant saying amongst other things that Accrington wouldn't be an EFL club without the two of them.
leetufc
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by leetufc »

wbw wrote: 04 Mar 2024, 19:33 Except they have issued a wonderful tribute to both the manager and assistant saying amongst other things that Accrington wouldn't be an EFL club without the two of them.
Was that not released a day after a very generic statement and getting a load of backlash?
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

leetufc wrote: 05 Mar 2024, 12:37 Was that not released a day after a very generic statement and getting a load of backlash?
Yes, that's correct.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468