Osborne gone!

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by budegull1954 »

Very good article in the Mail Online (not usually noted for its incisive journalism!):

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... ivion.html
westbaygull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by westbaygull »

budegull1954 wrote: 01 Mar 2024, 09:29 Very good article in the Mail Online (not usually noted for its incisive journalism!):

As much as I detest the Mail, that was a good article. I realise that they can't put anything too detrimental about the ownership, but it was written in such a way that people will be sympathetic to the Club.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

budegull1954 wrote: 01 Mar 2024, 09:29 Very good article in the Mail Online (not usually noted for its incisive journalism!):

Pity they didnt get their facts straight - we are not yet in administration.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Taelee73
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney jack
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Taelee73 »

I sincerely hope both the Johnson brothers are no longer being paid by us. Gary's last paid day should have been the day he mutually agreed to sod off. It's worrying how his brother has not been mentioned at all.

If both are still leeching us for continued money, from a club that has none, then they are both loathsome ignorant arrogant individuals and any lingering respect for the man has gone. He'd see us die as a club so long as he gets money.

Again, it sounds as though Osbourne was obligated to pay the salaries last month, so I hope all monies raised since are going solely to us and none to him or the Johnson morons.

Although the lack of clarity in the many welcome but ambiguous comments from the club indicate money may well still be bleeding to them.

Loathsome the lot of em.
gullsgullsgulls
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Sills

Post by gullsgullsgulls »

There is no way Pete J is not still being paid. He clung on at Cheltenham for 2 months after his brother was sacked, despite having been doing a shite job for them too.
PainInTheGULLiver85
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by PainInTheGULLiver85 »

If Aaron’s watching the opposition- maybe no need for any scouting at all. We won’t sign anyone in administration and I would think the admin would get rid of Pete Johnson in that case.
Taelee73
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney jack
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Taelee73 »

The man has no shame.

I hope none of them get employment in football again
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by North Curry House »

gullsgullsgulls wrote: 01 Mar 2024, 18:56 There is no way Pete J is not still being paid. He clung on at Cheltenham for 2 months after his brother was sacked, despite having been doing a shite job for them too.
It was confirmed yesterday that Peter Johnson IS still employed by TUFC and getting paid.

The sooner he is gone the better.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

PainInTheGULLiver85 wrote: 01 Mar 2024, 19:10 If Aaron’s watching the opposition- maybe no need for any scouting at all. We won’t sign anyone in administration and I would think the admin would get rid of Pete Johnson in that case.
We aren't in administration.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

JimNichol'sdog
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by JimNichol'sdog »

Get rid of Peter Johnson ASAP. He was chuffing useless and is to scouting what Donald Trump is to self effacement!!!
RedGull1902
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by RedGull1902 »

Am I missing something here CO has not gone he’s just stopped funding! He still owns the club??? Has he said the club is for sale?
Vick
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Vick »

^ It's on the TUFC website. See:

Clarke Osborne's statement 22/2/24
Message to supporters 22/2/24
FAQs updated 24/2/24
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

RedGull1902 wrote: 02 Mar 2024, 21:02 Am I missing something here CO has not gone he’s just stopped funding! He still owns the club??? Has he said the club is for sale?
He does still own the Club. Yes.
Vick
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Vick »

Vick wrote: 02 Mar 2024, 22:08 ^ It's on the TUFC website. See:

Clarke Osborne's statement 22/2/24
Message to supporters 22/2/24
FAQs updated 24/2/24
Also see the Update For Supporters dated 28 February 2024. Here is the part stating the club is up for sale:

"Following last week's announcement of the Club's intention to enter administration, Torquay United was officially put up for sale on Friday 23rd February."
RedGull1902
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by RedGull1902 »

So we change the heading from Osbornes gone to hopefully osbourns gone , everybody is too far ahead! Also when you buy a car it has for sale on with a price,I haven’t seen anywhere in big letters the we are for sale!! New buyers I think would like this confirmed !! Things need to move on so we can move on!