Dillon De Silva

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
leetufc
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by leetufc »

Showed glimpses of potential, but it was fleeting and he lacked consistency. Feel like there is a player in there, but we rarely played to his strengths for him to possibly show it
PainInTheGULLiver85
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by PainInTheGULLiver85 »

A very raw talent but showed he had a moment of quality in him. To be fair a sensible move for all parties it seems and good luck to Dillon.
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

wbw wrote: 29 Feb 2024, 18:00 First one off the wage bill
Quite shameful posting really given your position

Just Mel & Sue and Pete Johnson to go!
TommyGunn
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by TommyGunn »

Good luck Dillon
GULL 67
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by GULL 67 »

Nice lad. Sat next to him on train home from London once. Talked about TUFC. Wish him all the best.
Chelston TUFC
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by Chelston TUFC »

Always seemed a genuine lad who put in a good effort. In the right team with a bit of confidence hopefully will do well.
wbw
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by wbw »

leetufc wrote: 29 Feb 2024, 18:14 Think that was actually GJ
And you don't think GJ didn't get paid for February? At least!
CornishGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by CornishGull »

Gone to Wealdstone.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Good move for Dillon. Much nearer his Family.

I expected he would be on the move as on Saturday 10 Feb the day we lost 3-4 to Slough I saw Dillon leaving the ground at 2-45pm looking upset because although fit he did not even make the bench.

When he played well he was good to watch but to succeed he needs to be more consistent. A match winner on his day. Good luck Dillon.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

He might be a good lad (i've never met him) but I don't think he ever improved the side which, considering how bad we've been in the past 18 months, is quite something. He can run very fast, and he's a trier (both of which are valuable) but he consistently failed to have much in the way of an end product. Being able to beat a full back is almost meaningless if you don't put the cross near any of our players.

Still, I don't bear him any ill will - I hope it works out well for him at Wealdstone.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Colorado
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Peter Coffill

Post by Colorado »

Good luck Dillon. We hope you do well at Wealdstone. I think things can only get better for you.
dagglebert
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by dagglebert »

This is actually a step up, to the NL. Although Wealdstone are in the relegation mix, they have a number of games in hand on most of their rivals. Good luck to him !
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Well if he left the ground after not being picked I would suggest that he wasnt showing the correct attitude. Surely you stay in the ground and support your team - not just bugger off home.

Hardly likely to endear yourself to the management - wheres Dillon, oh hes taken his ball back and gone home.

That said good luck to him - Wealdstone is a good move for him. Quite how Wealdstone are a division higher than us is depressing in itself though - even more so that we cant win a game in that division.

Hate to say it but it appears that we have found our level - a bottom half NLS team who everyone feels sorry for. God its depressing.
Vick
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Vick »

Dillon was on the bench today for Wealdstone at York. He didn't get any minutes today.
Vick
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Vick »

Dillon De Silva scored for Wealdstone yesterday against NL champions Chesterfield, gaining them 3 points and boosting Wealdstone's survival chances.