Osborne gone!

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by North Curry House »

Admiral wrote: 26 Feb 2024, 22:05 Anyone able to enlighten me on who this is? They were an active director in Riviera Stadium Limited for a while and only resigned in December 2020.

PHATHANACHAROEN, Kawisara

Correspondence address
6 Beaconsfield Road, Clifton, Bristol, United Kingdom, BS8 2TS
Role RESIGNED
Director
Date of birth
December 1977
Appointed on
17 November 2020
Resigned on
1 December 2023

Another name that pops up frequently with Osborne is Christopher Lewis, another with some shady looking investments/losses.
This is his wife, 25+ years younger than CO and that is his address as listed at Company House.

It has previously been posted on here.
DerekDawkinsJnr
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by DerekDawkinsJnr »

Admiral wrote: 26 Feb 2024, 22:05 Anyone able to enlighten me on who this is? They were an active director in Riviera Stadium Limited for a while and only resigned in December 2020.

PHATHANACHAROEN, Kawisara

Correspondence address
6 Beaconsfield Road, Clifton, Bristol, United Kingdom, BS8 2TS
Role RESIGNED
Director
Date of birth
December 1977
Appointed on
17 November 2020
Resigned on
1 December 2023

Another name that pops up frequently with Osborne is Christopher Lewis, another with some shady looking investments/losses.
I don't think it matters a great deal at this stage. All we know is she's a married Thai woman, 46yrs old.

Complete spitballing here:
Maybe she's CO's missus?
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

DerekDawkinsJnr wrote: 26 Feb 2024, 23:32 I don't think it matters a great deal at this stage. All we know is she's a married Thai woman, 46yrs old.

Complete spitballing here:
Maybe she's CO's missus?
That'll be at least two c*cks in that house then.....
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

greb46
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by greb46 »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: 27 Feb 2024, 07:52 That'll be at least two c*cks in that house then.....
Being a Thai "lady",you may well be right.
WestLondonYellow
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by WestLondonYellow »

From Pasoti.

"All I am saying is that the accounting convention stated in successive yearly accounts do not appear to have been applied. There may be a reason for it but it all seems as you say 'fishy'.

Argyle's plant and machinery value in their 2023 accounts, by comparison, was shown as £221,865 as opposed to TUFC's £2,731,691. I think that says it all. TUFC's value of plant and machinery in their accounts is more than ten times Argyle's - really!"
AdrianC
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by AdrianC »

May be CO has been using that well known accounting practice of straight line appreciation rather than depreciation!

Whoever comes in, I would hope, will do a drains up job on the financials!

I’m hoping for someone in the Mike Bateson mould, just done steady / sensible stewardship!
leetufc
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by leetufc »

Not a CO fan so this post is not in defence of him - I am firmly in the camp that he was funding the club for ulterior motives

That being said, the value of the assets have been that high long before CO took over the club. They were as high as £1.5m back in 1998, and increased by a further £1.4m in 2012 when the Bench was completed
Brewers boy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jamie Reid
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Brewers boy »

Same accountant as Ken Dodd. :)
exilegull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by exilegull »

WestLondonYellow wrote: 27 Feb 2024, 09:13 From Pasoti.

"All I am saying is that the accounting convention stated in successive yearly accounts do not appear to have been applied. There may be a reason for it but it all seems as you say 'fishy'.

Argyle's plant and machinery value in their 2023 accounts, by comparison, was shown as £221,865 as opposed to TUFC's £2,731,691. I think that says it all. TUFC's value of plant and machinery in their accounts is more than ten times Argyle's - really!"
Tangible assets were around £2.6million when Osborne took over the club and at June 2022 were £2.3million

Depreciation is around £60-70k per year and there are a few small additions a long the way. Nothing really strange in that.

I wouldn’t look at comparisons with Argyle - they own the ground so classifications will be different. For example I believe floodlights are probably classified by Argyle as part of the overall Freehold and building value but for United are probably property plant and equipment. However all this predates Osborne.
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

If you read in between the lines of Downes press call today it would seem CO pulled funding directly when wages would have been due for this month which has caused some obvious worry

Looks like it's been sorted for this month
Jpr
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Mark loram

Post by Jpr »

wbw wrote: 24 Feb 2024, 11:08 I cannot believe some of the responses of "fans".
Osborne saved the club from oblivion when nobody else was remotely interested in investing. He's thrown away well over 5 million quid and got nothing but abuse for his money. The council wouldn't even engage with him on where the future is going.
He didn't go to games, was the biggest moan. Well neither does the owner of Man City, or Spurs, or Arsenal etc etc. It means nothing.
Osborne has been driven out, be careful what you wish for guys. His only mistake was not getting rid of Johnson two summers ago.
Maybe if he used the money from the loan he used against Torquay united to built a new stadium and have it ready to play in. Then things may have gone better for him, but he’d didn’t so Thank Goodness Torbay council said No, and that’s why the toys came out of his pram. Good riddance to him, And just hope he never goes near any other club.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

My interpretation of what happened about Wages for February, and I know it is only conjecture, is that the Solicitor for the proposed Administrater said that CO cannot avoid his committment for Februarys wages because the announcement was made on the 22nd of February just 7 days before the month end.

Had he made the announcement on 31st January it might have been different.
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

portugull wrote: 29 Feb 2024, 15:19 My interpretation of what happened about Wages for February, and I know it is only conjecture, is that the Solicitor for the proposed Administrater said that CO cannot avoid his committment for Februarys wages because the announcement was made on the 22nd of February just 7 days before the month end.

Had he made the announcement on 31st January it might have been different.
Not my understanding, it was due the day the news broke...
wbw
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by wbw »

CO has covered the wages.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

wbw wrote: 29 Feb 2024, 17:59 CO has covered the wages.
And no doubt pocketed the takings from last Saturday.......
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com