Overseas Fans-Streaming matches

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Colorado
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Peter Coffill

Overseas Fans-Streaming matches

Post by Colorado »

Does anybody have any contacts with the National league TV. I would like to contact them.

I would like to demonstrate to them that there is a significant overseas Torquay United following Who would pay good money to watch them play.

Which raises another question, how much of the streaming revenue goes to the teams?

Anybody living overseas with any interest in this please respond.
Chicagull
Trialist
Trialist

Post by Chicagull »

This is a great idea, and I’m convinced that it would generate tangible additional revenue for the club. I’m a firm believer that teams lower down the pyramid should be allowed to do this, and perhaps even extend it to viewers within the UK too. It would certainly make buying a lower league team more appealing.

I moved over to Chicago 6 years ago and other than the covid seasons, where I could stream the games I can only really follow on social media. The midweek games can be streamed, but this is largely useless as I’m working.
Colorado
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Colorado »

Thanks bud.

You are it so far.

I thought given that this is D Day there’d be a whole lot more interest.
Vick
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Vick »

Colorado wrote: 23 Feb 2024, 00:17 Does anybody have any contacts with the National league TV. I would like to contact them.

I would like to demonstrate to them that there is a significant overseas Torquay United following Who would pay good money to watch them play
https://www.thenationalleague.org.uk/ar ... eague-1711
Ludlow Gulled
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Ludlow Gulled »

I’d also welcome the chance to stream Saturday games here in the UAE. Streamed most last season and miss it this. I occasionally have streamed a Tuesday game, against my better judgement, not just because we’ve been dire to watch but also because, at 4 hours ahead, KO is more or less midnight - and I’m up for work at 5! So Saturday stream would be a much more civilised viewing experience. Come on NLTV - we need all the help we can get!
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Not going to happen as its their policy not to stream games on a saturday in NLS and NLN.

In fact its clearly going the other way with hardly any matches bar ours and Yeovils being screened on a tuesday night now.

No doubt the reason is that most people stream these games via firestick etc so revenue is down.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Colorado wrote: 23 Feb 2024, 00:17 Does anybody have any contacts with the National league TV. I would like to contact them.

I would like to demonstrate to them that there is a significant overseas Torquay United following Who would pay good money to watch them play.

Which raises another question, how much of the streaming revenue goes to the teams?

Anybody living overseas with any interest in this please respond.
Good luck with this - I tried to get this going before. Having had all of last season's games on the stream it was a real blow to find that they decided not to do it in NLS/NLN. They recelntly announce that they're not even going to broadcast all of the legally viewable games for NLS/NLN (on Tuesdays), citing cost. Plan has been to select 3 fixtures each match window. I think we're likely to always be chosen there as we're still a big club in the division, but they're not going to do it.

I'm not 100% certain, but I believe 60% of the revenue for streaming goes to the team that the user states as 'their' team in their profile. This was almost certainly led by Wrexham, whose owners were the driving force behind the inception of NLTV, and having a far larger international fan base, very much wanted it.
I've said before that this is not the way to do it - it ensures that the bigger clubs ger the most of out of. A more equitable way would be to give all matachday revenue (less the costs) to the home side, in the same way as a matchday ticket.

Long-term, I don't know whether NL clubs will want this revenue approach. It's very similar to what EFL clubs do with iFollow and already some teams have pulled out of that, wanting isntead to have more control over the platform and better access to the revenue. The way it worked during covid was pretty much ideal, for me - each club had their own set up and you could choose whether to pay, for example, the extortionate £19 Kings Lynn charged for their stream. If TUFC were to do it this way, I'd pay the full cost of a season ticket to access our home games.

But as mentioned, I know for a fact that a lot of these streams end up being hijacked for illegal, unpaid streaming and that's something that probably does impact home attendances.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Colorado
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Colorado »

Likewise, I'd pay the full cost.

Sad to see not only one person from UAE and another from Chicago have responded. Sad.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Colorado wrote: 23 Feb 2024, 23:26 Likewise, I'd pay the full cost.

Sad to see not only one person from UAE and another from Chicago have responded. Sad.
I'm in the US.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Colorado
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Colorado »

Thanks to the three respondents.
I thought there were more. I stand corrected in n my estimation of overseas supporters.
Useful information for a potential investor
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

There’s quite a few others who don’t necessarily post on here.
TommyGunn
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by TommyGunn »

Any of you guys got Taylor Swifts number? I know previously she has had 3 English boyfriends :engflag: and loves coming to the UK. :goal: Here on tour this summer. A billionaire owner or even an investment into Torquay United