Osborne gone!

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

CornishGull wrote: 24 Feb 2024, 01:15 Come on off it. If someone was seriously contemplating investing in a football club they wouldn't make an approach through a fan's forum run by people that have no official connection to the club.
No, not when you can simply email "[email protected]", lol
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
Taelee73
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney jack
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Taelee73 »

Yeofan, what a petulant child you are, it’s all about you.

You came on here asking mundane vague questions and start stamping your feet when told we have more important things to worry about. To then proclaim like you’re the next Alan Sugar, flippantly use his catchphrase when we’re in dire needs, tell us you could have helped save us, what a moron. Why not just say from the start that you know a little about fundraising, I’m sure people would have answered your questions then.

Anyhow, good riddance
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Taelee73 wrote: 24 Feb 2024, 08:46 Yeofan, what a petulant child you are, it’s all about you.

You came on here asking mundane vague questions and start stamping your feet when told we have more important things to worry about. To then proclaim like you’re the next Alan Sugar, flippantly use his catchphrase when we’re in dire needs, tell us you could have helped save us, what a moron. Why not just say from the start that you know a little about fundraising, I’m sure people would have answered your questions then.

I'm glad it wasn't just me that thought his post to be very condescending. A few too many ciders last night to be posting on the internet in all honesty but at least my beer goggles weren't too far off the mark.....
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Yeofan
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Yeofan »

Taelee73 wrote: 24 Feb 2024, 08:46 Yeofan, what a petulant child you are, it’s all about you.

Anyhow, good riddance
As I was already on here before CO pulled the plug, It was a good place to start for a bit of DD, and in business you often learn the most before you show your hand.

I hate seeing clubs going to the wall, and am pleased to have been able to play my part in helping avert it on a few occasions. I'm delighted that you seem to have a buyer lined up, and that any help I could have given isn't wanted. As I have already posted several times I wish you all the best and hope it works out.
WestLondonYellow
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by WestLondonYellow »

Yeofan wrote: 24 Feb 2024, 10:05 As I was already on here before CO pulled the plug, It was a good place to start for a bit of DD, and in business you often learn the most before you show your hand.

I hate seeing clubs going to the wall, and am pleased to have been able to play my part in helping avert it on a few occasions. I'm delighted that you seem to have a buyer lined up, and that any help I could have given isn't wanted. As I have already posted several times I wish you all the best and hope it works out.
A genuine person wishing to offer their expertise, who cares about saving clubs would not have been put off by one fan comment in a fan forum, also the response you seem to have taken such offence to was pretty tame and was a reasoned and lengthy enough bit of text.

A genuine person wishing to help would perhaps have reached out directly to the supporters trust or the club.

A genuine person wishing to help and provide their experience and expertise, would have announced this as their intention as part of their introduction to then follow on with genuine questions.

You did none of those. You are not genuine, just attention seeking .
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

As is normal on a fans forum things soon descend into an argument.

As a fan from another club I dont think yeofan deserves the stick hes getting. He hasnt posted anything contentenious as far as I'm concerned. Time to move on really we've got bigger things to worry about.
Taelee73
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Taelee73 »

Yeofan,

No one has said your help isn’t needed, I did say good riddance, however that was more in anger than anything else. Think most Torquay fans have had a range of emotions in the last 36 hours.

We would always be glad of all genuine constructive help/ideas/money.
wbw
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by wbw »

I cannot believe some of the responses of "fans".
Osborne saved the club from oblivion when nobody else was remotely interested in investing. He's thrown away well over 5 million quid and got nothing but abuse for his money. The council wouldn't even engage with him on where the future is going.
He didn't go to games, was the biggest moan. Well neither does the owner of Man City, or Spurs, or Arsenal etc etc. It means nothing.
Osborne has been driven out, be careful what you wish for guys. His only mistake was not getting rid of Johnson two summers ago.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

That wasn't the biggest moan at all, it was his track record so please don't start cherry picking. He's ruthless and for once he's lost and the fans have won. Time to stop making excuses for the man and be happy he's gone.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Taelee73
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Taelee73 »

He hasn’t walked away without his £5 million yet, it was a loan to Torquay United, that’s all. It would be great if he wrote it off, but you’d think he’ll recoup as much as he can.
wbw
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by wbw »

Taelee73 wrote: 24 Feb 2024, 11:19 He hasn’t walked away without his £5 million yet, it was a loan to Torquay United, that’s all. It would be great if he wrote it off, but you’d think he’ll recoup as much as he can.
Now you're not being serious surely?
The club is struggling to cover each day's requirements, hence the possible/probable administration. Where on earth is he going to get his 5 mill back from?
Get real please.
torregull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by torregull »

Council wouldn't engage with him? Osborne didn't even turn-up when Edwards ' presented his stadium proposals to them recently.
DVNGull
Trialist
Trialist

Post by DVNGull »

wbw wrote: 24 Feb 2024, 11:08 I cannot believe some of the responses of "fans".
Osborne saved the club from oblivion when nobody else was remotely interested in investing. He's thrown away well over 5 million quid and got nothing but abuse for his money. The council wouldn't even engage with him on where the future is going.
He didn't go to games, was the biggest moan. Well neither does the owner of Man City, or Spurs, or Arsenal etc etc. It means nothing.
Osborne has been driven out, be careful what you wish for guys. His only mistake was not getting rid of Johnson two summers ago.
I'm surprised there's still fans fawning over Osborne, it's no wonder why the council didn't engage on where the future was going given his track record.

Biggest moan he didn't go to games? Don't make me laugh. You seriously need educating.

Osborne saved the club for his own interests, not for anyone else. Good riddance.
wbw
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by wbw »

torregull wrote: 24 Feb 2024, 12:12 Council wouldn't engage with him? Osborne didn't even turn-up when Edwards ' presented his stadium proposals to them recently.
Why should he? Edwards was his effective representative.
Chill
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Chill »

DVNGull wrote: 24 Feb 2024, 12:21 I'm surprised there's still fans fawning over Osborne, it's no wonder why the council didn't engage on where the future was going given his track record.

Biggest moan he didn't go to games? Don't make me laugh. You seriously need educating.

Osborne saved the club for his own interests, not for anyone else. Good riddance.
Well you got something right, in that he saved the club. :nod: