Potential Buyers

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
TheYellowFromExeter
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Watches from: Pop side

Post by TheYellowFromExeter »

Colorado wrote: 23 Feb 2024, 16:15 Welcome to Wrexham is massive in the US. People had no idea where Wrexham was. They sure as hell do now.

Many of them have previously had no interest in soccer. Even my American 🇺🇸 wife previously had no interest in soccer has now become very interested.

Could this energy be harnessed by Torquay?

Who are John and Charlie?
John Cadigan and Charlie Baker, the people on the national obsession podcast
aggrey_25
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: aggrey

Post by aggrey_25 »

see truro game off again, would imagine they will be speaking to both truro and taunton for them to use our ground?
Colorado
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Peter Coffill

Post by Colorado »

Dav99 wrote: 23 Feb 2024, 11:08 Koh Wee Meng, owner of fragrance group is a Singapore billionaire who has a passion for football .
Clarke is a pauper compared to Koh Wee Meng .
I will email his UK representative myself and please , if you have further input , please try a more positive and “ hands on “ approach as the clock is ticking .
Dave 99

Your CAN DO ATTITUDE is what we need.
Not just sitting passively by and moping
You are a true fan!!!!
Well done
Colorado
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Colorado »

I’m guessing the majority of you have wives and girlfriends. I’d also hazard I guess that at least a few of them might be interested in beauty products it might be in Torquay United’s best interests for y’all to start talking to your spouses, sisters, girlfriends, grandma’s, and anyone else interested that fragrance international has some interest in Torquay United.

Who knows? Maybe they’ll be encouraging you to go watch the match maybe they might want to come with you

When their website, it’s a sudden uptick from curious turkey residents, That might be something that would spur their interest.
TommyGunn
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by TommyGunn »

Colorado wrote: 23 Feb 2024, 17:36 I’m guessing the majority of you have wives and girlfriends. I’d also hazard I guess that at least a few of them might be interested in beauty products it might be in Torquay United’s best interests for y’all to start talking to your spouses, sisters, girlfriends, grandma’s, and anyone else interested that fragrance international has some interest in Torquay United.

Who knows? Maybe they’ll be encouraging you to go watch the match maybe they might want to come with you

When their website, it’s a sudden uptick from curious turkey residents, That might be something that would spur their interest.
I thought they built upmarket hotels? 3 in Torbay plus the Palace hotel development? Based in Singapore?
Colorado
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Colorado »

Check out their website. For my cursory review, it appears that they provide product support and development for different perfumes. Some of the companies that they support. Even an old geezer like myself are familiar with casein point banana republic.

I’m guessing your significant others will have a whole lot more fundamental understanding of what this company offers. Let’s harness that.
A Realist
First Regular
First Regular
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by A Realist »

Peter Masters wrote: 23 Feb 2024, 14:17 Thanks Dave, if we can keep to the Football more importantly address the current Torquay position that will be positive. My understanding is that the Club is not in Administration but has filed for protection in the court which I believe has an initial seven day window which can be renewed by the Directors. so there is a window of opportunity here to stop the 10pt deduction and transfer ownership, appoint a new Manager and push forward with the support of the fan base.
Well done for putting your head above the parapet. At least you also know what it takes to run a football club and although you might be met with some trepidation, it will mainly be from people who don't know many of the facts or reality of the situation.

You are already aware of the inner workings and the fact you've stuck around can only be seen as a positive. Good luck to you.
Colorado
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Colorado »

happytorq wrote: 23 Feb 2024, 13:54 I would very much imagine that they're already aware of it. Humphrey Ker is their man at Wrexham and he knows Charlie Baker (appeared on their podcast, think they knew each other before that). I'm certain Charlie and John would have texted him at the very least.
Thanks man.
I must be the only dummy that didn’t know about this podcast. I’ll be listening from this point forth.

I just listened to episode 243 which seems to have predated the Farmborough match and just spoke about the lack of energy that they have to continue to support the club beyond their podcast
It will be really interesting to see the content of their next podcast. Unfortunately, I guess John is leaving for another job, which may put a bit of a wrench in the works for future episodes, at least in the short term. Too bad.

I sure hope Charlie Baker reached out to Humphrey Ker. What’s the worst that can happen? He says no I don’t know anybody. I don’t have any idea. Ok. At least we tried.
Last edited by Colorado on 23 Feb 2024, 18:42, edited 3 times in total.
Marcus3087
Trialist
Trialist

Post by Marcus3087 »

A Realist wrote: 23 Feb 2024, 18:04 Well done for putting your head above the parapet. At least you also know what it takes to run a football club and although you might be met with some trepidation, it will mainly be from people who don't know many of the facts or reality of the situation.

You are already aware of the inner workings and the fact you've stuck around can only be seen as a positive. Good luck to you.
Yeah gets my vote too. If Osborne facilitates a reasonable sale I can't say I'd bear him the biggest grudge. Only "questionable" decisions on the field stopped him from overseeing 2 promotions in 3 years. He's not Mother Teresa but he's also not Harold Shipman
CornishGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by CornishGull »

Southampton Gull wrote: 23 Feb 2024, 12:38 He is nothing like Osborne at all. For a start he's a football man. I'll take that over Osborne every day of the week.
Amen to that. :scarf:
Peter Masters
Trialist
Trialist

Post by Peter Masters »

culmstockgull wrote: 23 Feb 2024, 11:33 Lets not have too many rose tinted comments on this man, take an honest look at his business history,his dealings are as grey as osborne. He closed all his local cornish newspapers overnight and sacked the staff without paying their salaries or pensions they were owed, found to have been untruthful at the subsequent high court hearing about not knowing the subsquent owner who bought these newspapers for a pound when they had business dealings for a long time before, One of the primary reasons he may like to buy Torquay before administration is that the rules of fit and proper persons owning a club are far weaker than the rules the administrator would require that he had sufficent funds and where those funds would come from, Speak to any truro fan and they will tell you the money man at truro was always Perryman his co owner and not masters.
You talk some nonsense, my good friend Mr Perryman will have something to say you if you have balls to ask him, ask any Truro fan, you clearly don't understand Truro City Football Club or its supporters.
westbaygull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by westbaygull »

Colorado wrote: 23 Feb 2024, 17:36 I’m guessing the majority of you have wives and girlfriends. I’d also hazard I guess that at least a few of them might be interested in beauty products it might be in Torquay United’s best interests for y’all to start talking to your spouses, sisters, girlfriends, grandma’s, and anyone else interested that fragrance international has some interest in Torquay United.

Bless ya, Colorado. I know you mean well, but, speaking as a girl who is indeed very interested in beauty products, that's the biggest load of poop.
Never in a million years would I be tempted to go to a sporting event just because a company that sold beauty products was involved.
I feel, respectfully, that you are clutching at straws. Or mascara wands.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Mascara wands? Surely that's Dawlishmatt/Junkiefromhele/Wainwrghtgulls domain?

The years of lies/nonsense she's posted deary me.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Peter Masters wrote: 23 Feb 2024, 19:04 You talk some nonsense, my good friend Mr Perryman will have something to say you if you have balls to ask him, ask any Truro fan, you clearly don't understand Truro City Football Club or its supporters.
Don't feel the need to justify yourself to culmstock, I'm sure the majority of fans would welcome your involvement after the last few years of impending doom. Thanks for fronting up but please don't allow his ilk to deter you as he's the first to cry wolf if he gets offended.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Minneapolisgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Jo Kuffour

Post by Minneapolisgull »

Its been a depressing couple of days for Torquay will the next few weeks be worse. I cannot believe the vitriol towards Osbourne and for that matter GJ.
All this I am glad Osbourne is gone blah blah! Who is going to pay the bills now?
By all accounts Osborne is set to lose nearly 4 -5 million this is over years, Man if I was him and read some of the rubbish spouted off on this site over time I would have walked away ages ago. And told you all to shove it where the sun doesn't shine!
Get real no one coming in with loads of money and a love for Torquay. Besides 1 big fact is we are not sustainable business. The fan owned dream is just that a dream. They could not do anything last time. Plus, they have no money! A few buckets with filled with pound coins is not going to last long!
You think a new business is just going to come in a say Oh yea let's carry on regardless!
First thing they do sell any assets. Then save costs no doubt go part time! Then look at ways they make on Plainmoor.
Many I this site have said we were heading for SW regional football. I fear your premonitions may come true!
Those heady days of promotion play off finals seem a lifetime ago......