Southend United

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
zebgull1
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by zebgull1 »

Winding up petition postponed until July:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65620136
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie
Watches from: Pop side

Post by DevonBee »

Same old shit , just another day in the life of Southend United and it will drag on and on and on.
Witham
Trialist
Trialist
Watches from: The sofa

Post by Witham »

Thanks to those of you who have shown their support. Hopefully a sale process will see us in new hands soon. We've been under transfer embargoes for about 60% of the past 3 years, we have been relegated twice. Believe me, we have paid and are paying for the actions of our owner, despite many opinions to the contrary on this thread.

For those of you who wished death on us, unlucky. I genuinely hope the same situation never befalls your club. But we've been kicked a lot when we've been down over the last 4 years and we won't forget who did the kicking.
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

No football fan wants another club to go out of existence mate, they (and we) know how that impending situation feels.
Players, managers, owners come and go, supporters don’t.

Hope it gets sorted 👍
Yellow6
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Yellow6 »

Dave_Pougher wrote: 17 May 2023, 16:55 No football fan wants another club to go out of existence mate, they (and we) know how that impending situation feels.
Players, managers, owners come and go, supporters don’t.

Hope it gets sorted 👍
:goodpost:
Brewers boy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jamie Reid
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Brewers boy »

zebgull1 wrote: 17 May 2023, 13:49 Winding up petition postponed until July:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65620136
I did say.
Brewers boy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jamie Reid
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Brewers boy »

Witham wrote: 17 May 2023, 15:41 Thanks to those of you who have shown their support. Hopefully a sale process will see us in new hands soon. We've been under transfer embargoes for about 60% of the past 3 years, we have been relegated twice. Believe me, we have paid and are paying for the actions of our owner, despite many opinions to the contrary on this thread.

For those of you who wished death on us, unlucky. I genuinely hope the same situation never befalls your club. But we've been kicked a lot when we've been down over the last 4 years and we won't forget who did the kicking.
You may have paid, but the staff and players haven't been paid. Nor the taxman.
Witham
Trialist
Trialist

Post by Witham »

The fans have raised a six-figure sum this season to try and help our staff. The situation is completely despicable. You appear to think that the fans accept the current situation. The actions of Ron Martin are beyond immoral, and he is doing it in our name. The collateral damage, in terms of our reputation, and the fact we have been relegated twice in 4 years and have been under a transfer embargo for 8 months, is unforgivable.

I am glad you support us in getting rid of him. The club should certainly not be facing any more consequences, we have faced enough already.
Gull1899
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Gull1899 »

Nobody wants another club to go under, it’s never a nice thing for that to happen & I don’t care if it would benefit us.

That being said it’ll be interesting if the National League at the AGM believe Southend can fulfil their fixtures for the upcoming season, if they don’t they won’t be as nice as the judge in the HMRC case & keep kicking the can down the road.
Witham
Trialist
Trialist

Post by Witham »

Was sad to read about the situation at Torquay this week. Hope you get sorted soon.