Osborne gone!

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
HeleVillageJunkie
Trialist
Trialist

Post by HeleVillageJunkie »

What a sad period it is in the history of my beloved Torquay United football Club. I've been reading comments on this forum for many years and haven't left a comment due to the farce that is the Torquay United Fan's Forum.

From day 1 many supporters have been against Clarke Osborne being the owner of our club. Well Southampton Gull, SuperNickyWroe, Alan Merson and those idiots who run the Torquay Talk and the Torquay united supporters trust have got their wish.

What people don't seem to understand is that in the last 10 years the club has losses of over ten million pounds. Plainmoor is not suitable for a modern day professional football club.

I don't blame Osborne from walking away, only last week the club had a meeting with Torbay Council who again refused to provide land it owns for the 5th time. The council are complicit in Osborne walking.

The only mistake Clarke Osborne made was not sacking the manager when we were relegated last season.

So thank you Southampton Gull, SuperNickyWroe, Alan Merson and all the hirachary at the TUST for destroying my beloved football club.
Jpr
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Mark loram

Post by Jpr »

HeleVillageJunkie wrote: 23 Feb 2024, 11:45 What a sad period it is in the history of my beloved Torquay United football Club. I've been reading comments on this forum for many years and haven't left a comment due to the farce that is the Torquay United Fan's Forum.

From day 1 many supporters have been against Clarke Osborne being the owner of our club. Well Southampton Gull, SuperNickyWroe, Alan Merson and those idiots who run the Torquay Talk and the Torquay united supporters trust have got their wish.

What people don't seem to understand is that in the last 10 years the club has losses of over ten million pounds. Plainmoor is not suitable for a modern day professional football club.

I don't blame Osborne from walking away, only last week the club had a meeting with Torbay Council who again refused to provide land it owns for the 5th time. The council are complicit in Osborne walking.

The only mistake Clarke Osborne made was not sacking the manager when we were relegated last season.

So thank you Southampton Gull, SuperNickyWroe, Alan Merson and all the hirachary at the TUST for destroying my beloved football club.

That’s the attitude to have well done. Plainmoor would have been a housing estate if he got his way, and we would not have a club and a ground. Remember Mike Bateson years ago looked for other places to build a new ground the only difference was he loved TORQUAY UNITED this guy Didn’t. This is not the Time to blame people it’s time to get your wallet out and spend it at Torquay united or a new club at least we have a ground that can hold 6000 supporters like we have for the 40 odd years I have been going to plainmoor.

So come support are club :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
Last edited by Jpr on 23 Feb 2024, 12:01, edited 1 time in total.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

HeleVillageJunkie wrote: 23 Feb 2024, 11:45 What a sad period it is in the history of my beloved Torquay United football Club. I've been reading comments on this forum for many years and haven't left a comment due to the farce that is the Torquay United Fan's Forum.

Seems like you have the perfect username after this post.......
You are obviously so knowledgeable about how a football club is run.
Now, lets look at what you don't understand.....
It nay have escaped your attention, but nearly all football clubs in the pyramid lose money - from Manchester City to Torquay United.
It also appears to have escaped your attention - a fact that has been posted many times by numerous posters, is that Osborne has never built anything that he has promised to any type of Sports Club he has been involved with.
He speculated that £5m would get him the freehold, which he hasn't achieved. That's why he's walked.....
He would have been more credible if he had actually built a new stadium first......
Last edited by SuperNickyWroe on 23 Feb 2024, 11:57, edited 1 time in total.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Yeofan
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Yeofan »

Viewing from afar, the current problems seem to stem from taking out a loan in 2015 and being unable to repay it. If you borrow money beyond your means, then bad things tend to happen, and sharks like CO will try and profit from it. However that mistake is long gone now and you need to try and rebuild as best you can. I hope you manage it.
Jpr
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Jpr »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: 23 Feb 2024, 11:56 Seems like you have the perfect username after this post....... :
You are obviously so knowledgeable about how a football club is run.
Now, lets look at what you don't understand.....
It nay have escaped your attention, but nearly all football clubs in the pyramid lose money - from Manchester City to Torquay United.
It also appears to have escaped your attention - a fact that has been posted many times by numerous posters, is that Osborne has never built anything that he has promised to any type of Sports Club he has been involved with.
He speculated that £5m would get him the freehold, which he hasn't achieved. That's why he's walked.....
He would have been more credible if he had actually built a new stadium first......

:goodpost:
Jpr
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Jpr »

Yeofan wrote: 23 Feb 2024, 11:56 Viewing from afar, the current problems seem to stem from taking out a loan in 2015 and being unable to repay it. If you borrow money beyond your means, then bad things tend to happen, and sharks like CO will try and profit from it. However that mistake is long gone now and you need to try and rebuild as best you can. I hope you manage it.
:goodpost: And The way we can do it is go to all are games and show are support to are TEAM.
As without it we would not travel around the country to away games that helps tourism in those areas.
longfordgull
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by longfordgull »

Well, what a day that was! And who knew that Southampton Gull, SuperNickyWroe etc had such power to bring a football club to its knees. I can see that Gary Johnson might well have been hurt and upset by some of the comments on the forum if he ever read them but the idea that Clark Osborne has been influenced by anything posted on here is quite ludicrous. It seems clear that the Council have refused yet again to risk the freehold of Plainmoor and Osborne has gone for his own purely financial reasons. The way that GJ did his usual press call without any idea of what was going on just shows again how badly the club has been run. Some of the posts from other club supporters about their experience of administration have been encouraging but strap in, it's going to be a bumpy ride.
greb46
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by greb46 »

The likes of the people you mention had the foresight to realize that CO didn't have the interest of the football club at all.The only interest he had was land which the council wouldn't allow his grubby hands on.The decline of the team was him not spending money on players which if he was as wealthy as he is could have kept the team in a higher league.It was only when the club would reach this position not if.He could afford to lose millions for hoping to get housing and luckily the council stayed strong so he jumped ship no thought for the club at all that's the realism of it.SG,SNW etc could see himfor what he is.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

If someone wants to credit me with being responsible for the demise of Osborne I'll take it all day long. Junkie by name........Dawlish by nature.......
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Southampton Gull wrote: 23 Feb 2024, 12:41 If someone wants to credit me with being responsible for the demise of Osborne I'll take it all day long. Junkie by name........Dawlish by nature.......
Me too Dave. :nod:
I consider it an honour.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024

TUST Member 468

Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: 23 Feb 2024, 12:43 Me too Dave. :nod:
I consider it an honour.
If it came from anyone but the village idiot in Dawlish I'd take it as a badge of honour 😉
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Southampton Gull wrote: 23 Feb 2024, 12:52 If it came from anyone but the village idiot in Dawlish I'd take it as a badge of honour 😉
:rofl:

TUST Member 468

SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

longfordgull wrote: 23 Feb 2024, 12:20 Well, what a day that was! And who knew that Southampton Gull, SuperNickyWroe etc had such power to bring a football club to its knees. I can see that Gary Johnson might well have been hurt and upset by some of the comments on the forum if he ever read them but the idea that Clark Osborne has been influenced by anything posted on here is quite ludicrous. It seems clear that the Council have refused yet again to risk the freehold of Plainmoor and Osborne has gone for his own purely financial reasons. The way that GJ did his usual press call without any idea of what was going on just shows again how badly the club has been run. Some of the posts from other club supporters about their experience of administration have been encouraging but strap in, it's going to be a bumpy ride.
Yes mate, just imagine, a couple of keyboard w*nkers having the power to take down the CEO of a company....
Amazing..... :rofl:

TUST Member 468

Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

Amazing how much time this fella has to have 3/4 different accounts all saying the same thing
leetufc
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by leetufc »

Imagine fans and the Supporters Trust wanting the club run by someone who cares, who doesn't want to develop the ground for property, who communicates with supporters and one who hasn't overseen the lowest period in the club's history.

Sounds like too much to ask!