Osborne gone!

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Think I would agree with Dave - we are not in adminstration yet. Wouldnt be too surprised to see the club change hands sooner rather than later. Maybe need to see what transpires.
The Great Muta!
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by The Great Muta! »

Glad Osborne, Edwards,GI,Peter Johnson, Gary Johnson and any other hanger on has now gone, esp the fraud that is Clarke Osborne, he's got more front than Southend pier, dodgy, shady, and as soon as I saw him I got Chris Roberts "vibes" immediately, we've finally got OUR club BACK!.
ALTE
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by ALTE »

The future immediately looks brighter for our club. Well willing to roll the dice on finding a new owner when the alternative was these snakes slowly killing it anyway.
gullno4
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Rene

Post by gullno4 »

As we still haven’t technically entered administration yet, are Saturdays ticket sales still lining osbournes pockets?
The gulls are going up
TorquayUntied
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by TorquayUntied »

The Great Muta! wrote: 22 Feb 2024, 22:08 Glad Osborne, Edwards,GI,Peter Johnson, Gary Johnson and any other hanger on has now gone, esp the fraud that is Clarke Osborne, he's got more front than Southend pier, dodgy, shady, and as soon as I saw him I got Chris Roberts "vibes" immediately, we've finally got OUR club BACK!.
The administrators have the club. There is no club while they are in charge. The slow close down begins until May then it will be gone.

You do realise this?? The club is effectively dead and when the administrator sells off the assets it's bye bye for good.

Blimey we have our club back surely you are not this stupid to think there is a club anymore.

Good grief.

Absolute madness of all time statement.
madgull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by madgull »

The one thing I'd stress now is that this is the time for the fans to get behind the players. The shattered morale all makes so much more sense now; the players will certainly have known this was coming, and it can't be a surprise that our shocking run of form has come as we've got closer and closer to D-Day. If we're to avoid relegation, and more generally to keep the spark of hope alive, people now need to be strong and SUPPORT. No more groaning and venting frustration at misplaced passes, just encouragement and passion, a backs-to-the-wall siege mentality, with a sense of unity between players and fans.
Colorado
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Peter Coffill

Post by Colorado »

bringbackthecowshed wrote: 22 Feb 2024, 16:57 You are absolutely correct, the sooner people wake up to the fact the better
Abbey Greyhound and Speedway Stadium Swindon

Read about it

Then respond here and explain your position again!
madgull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by madgull »

Colorado wrote: 22 Feb 2024, 23:25 Abbey Greyhound and Speedway Stadium Swindon
Read about it
Then respond here and explain your position again
I think we just need to ignore the pro-CO trolls at this point.

If you're helpless at the side of the road, somebody stops by, holds a knife to your throat, and says "don't worry, I'll save you...if you give me everything I want, or you're dead"....THEY ARE NOT YOUR SAVIOUR, THEY ARE A PREDATOR!!!
The Great Muta!
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by The Great Muta! »

TorquayUnited wrote: 22 Feb 2024, 22:46 The administrators have the club. There is no club while they are in charge. The slow close down begins until May then it will be gone.

You do realise this?? The club is effectively dead and when the administrator sells off the assets it's bye bye for good.

Blimey we have our club back surely you are not this stupid to think there is a club anymore.

Good grief.

Listen up,

I happy to see the back of Osborne, any right minded fan would be, I'm not some deluded idiot, I do know how the world works, yes he's gone, it looks bleak, but we do have our club back from the hands of a vulture, and we will survive,get through this and come out the other side of it, BELIEVE!!
Midlandgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: O'Kane
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Midlandgull »

gullno4 wrote: 22 Feb 2024, 22:39 As we still haven’t technically entered administration yet, are Saturdays ticket sales still lining osbournes pockets?
I'd like to know the answer to this too
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

TorquayUnited wrote: 22 Feb 2024, 22:46 The administrators have the club. There is no club while they are in charge. The slow close down begins until May then it will be gone.

Good grief.

More absolute garbage. The club isn't in administration yet and the notion of going into administration is often used as a threat to speed up a deal. Stop spouting nonsense.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
TUFCfan
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by TUFCfan »

gullno4 wrote: 22 Feb 2024, 22:39 As we still haven’t technically entered administration yet, are Saturdays ticket sales still lining osbournes pockets?
Midlandgull wrote: 22 Feb 2024, 23:55 I'd like to know the answer to this too
They've stated on this post on the OS that all revenue generated will be used to help pay the running costs.
Club Statement wrote:Please come and support your team, whether that is buying a match ticket, meal in the restaurant, replica kit, pint in gulls nest, sponsoring a game, support boots and laces during the week, or a donation to the club.

All money that the club raises from now on will be used solely for operational purposes to assist in the running of our club. Legal and administration fees will not be paid from the operational cashflow.
bobbytanz1963
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by bobbytanz1963 »

:goodpost:
Southampton Gull wrote: 23 Feb 2024, 00:25 More absolute garbage. The club isn't in administration yet and the notion of going into administration is often used as a threat to speed up a deal. Stop spouting nonsense.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

What a shame for him....
Spend £5m + just to get his grubby hands on the freehold.....
Unsecured loan.... He didn't think that through did he???

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/68379824
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Jpr
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Mark loram

Post by Jpr »

TORBAY NEEDS TORQUAY UNITED, so it’s Time for everyone in the bay and faraway to get to games even if you have never been start going now, because with having away supporters at games weather it’s 10 to 400 it’s money in to are resort. And we should feel proud of this area, If you don’t just have a walk along the beaches in the bay and imagine it’s you’re first time here that’s what it feels like for an away supporter.

We All love TORQUAY UNITED so let’s get on this rollercoaster and be together to make sure we have a club.

:scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: