Osborne gone!

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

Agree. Another failed stadium plan to add to his portfolio of failed projects. Glad Torquay never got an Ikea in place of its ground unlike Bristol Rovers!
⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

ArmchairArry
Trialist
Trialist

Post by ArmchairArry »

Sorry to hear the news! As a Farnborough fan we understand what you are going through.

I see a lot of “boycotters” (for lack of better phrase) are returning to Plainmoor Saturday to provide the club some much needed gate money. Would the club be able to set up sole “ghost tickets” online so football fans around the country can help support by buying a ticket without attending?

Fingers crossed for a positive outcome. Good luck!!
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

ArmchairArry wrote: 22 Feb 2024, 19:21 Sorry to hear the news! As a Farnborough fan we understand what you are going through.

I see a lot of “boycotters” (for lack of better phrase) are returning to Plainmoor Saturday to provide the club some much needed gate money. Would the club be able to set up sole “ghost tickets” online so football fans around the country can help support by buying a ticket without attending?

Fingers crossed for a positive outcome. Good luck!!
Thanks for your support. :clap:
You can just go online and buy one.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

ArmchairArry
Trialist
Trialist

Post by ArmchairArry »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: 22 Feb 2024, 19:23 Thanks for your support. :clap:
You can just go online and buy one.

Okay great - have you got the link so I can share in our forum?

May I also suggest someone jumping in as many national league forums and doing the same.
Last edited by ArmchairArry on 22 Feb 2024, 19:26, edited 1 time in total.
Kuflink
Trialist
Trialist

Post by Kuflink »

Really sad to hear the news today. No real football fan wants to see another club go under. Keep the faith guys and gals witrh the knowledge that football fans everywhere will be supporting you through this dark time. Good luck and hope you come out the other end with your football club still in business. Ebbsfleet United supporter.
gullsgullsgulls
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Sills

Post by gullsgullsgulls »

Louis wrote: 22 Feb 2024, 19:13 Agree. Another failed stadium plan to add to his portfolio of failed projects. Glad Torquay never got an Ikea in place of its ground unlike Bristol Rovers!
And as was claimed in each prior case, the reason for his Torquay project failing was of course… “circumstances beyond my control”. Wonder who he will choose to blame this time around.
Nigel L
Trialist
Trialist

Post by Nigel L »

bobbytanz1963 wrote: 22 Feb 2024, 17:05 I note all the comments in this thread and having been involved in the Business Recovery sector hit 35+ years there are a few things that need clarity.

The debt to CO (Riviera) is Unsecured

A new owner doesn’t have to repay the creditors in full

The Administrators will try and sell the business as a going concern and not choose to close it down.

Administration can last for 12 months and can trade during that period

I assume that the players contracts may have an insolvency clause in them and so they could become free agents

Most important thing is to support the club, support those attempting to save the club (TUST)

Farnborough fan here. We, Farnborough, have been through this more than once and the process can be incredible painful. I wish you well.

The main reason for posting is the message quoted above, which is what happens in a "normal" insolvency event. But, "normal" doesn't apply to National League clubs. The specific League rules concerning a member Club having an insolvency event are fierce, to say the very least, and go way beyond "normal" requirements. See this document - https://s3.eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/file ... 057466.pdf - in particular Sections 2.9.2, 13A and 13B.

Essentially your club has from now until the next League AGM (in June?) to agree a deal where all football creditors' claims have been met in full and all other creditors' claims have either also been settled 100% or the League has agreed to a proposal that these will be settled at 100% in accordance with an agreed payment plan, otherwise your Club will be automatically relegated. Any proposal that doesn't satisfy ALL claims 100% is a completer non-starter and would result in an AFC Torquay starting off life at the bottom level of the pyramid.

Again I wish you well, but time is extremely short. Use it wisely.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

gullsgullsgulls wrote: 22 Feb 2024, 19:34 And as was claimed in each prior case, the reason for his Torquay project failing was of course… “circumstances beyond my control”. Wonder who he will choose to blame this time around.
Quite simple really....
The "circumstances beyond his control" were the fact that Torbay Council - thankfully - didn't drop their pants and sell him the freehold.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024

TUST Member 468

SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

ArmchairArry wrote: 22 Feb 2024, 19:25 Okay great - have you got the link so I can share in our forum?

May I also suggest someone jumping in as many national league forums and doing the same.
Here you go 'Arry....

https://www.venuetoolbox.com/torquayUni ... Spectators

TUST Member 468

wodger of awabia
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Carol Vorderman..eh?

Post by wodger of awabia »

aggrey_25 wrote: 22 Feb 2024, 13:59 where do you advertising selling a club lol, agreed small time frame for new owner so looks grim
Hollywood California
London-fan123
Trialist
Trialist
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by London-fan123 »

Ghost tickets - what a great idea! Lets take the away end and sell up to 1500 tickets at £10 each in aid of our beloved club... ...there is only one golden rule at times of our lives like today and that is to look forward and never look back. Come on the Gulls!!
Kuflink
Trialist
Trialist

Post by Kuflink »

Just posted the link to purchase tickets for Saturday's match against Aveley on Ebbsfleet's forum - every little bit helps! We survived on white bucket collections at the ground before a new investor arrived on the scene!
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Don't be surprised if the club is purchased sooner rather than later. Take a breather and allow events to unfold.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
bobbytanz1963
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by bobbytanz1963 »

Nigel L wrote: 22 Feb 2024, 19:43 Farnborough fan here. We, Farnborough, have been through this more than once and the process can be incredible painful. I wish you well.

The main reason for posting is the message quoted above, which is what happens in a "normal" insolvency event. But, "normal" doesn't apply to National League clubs. The specific League rules concerning a member Club having an insolvency event are fierce, to say the very least, and go way beyond "normal" requirements. See this document - https://s3.eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/file ... 057466.pdf - in particular Sections 2.9.2, 13A and 13B.

Essentially your club has from now until the next League AGM (in June?) to agree a deal where all football creditors' claims have been met in full and all other creditors' claims have either also been settled 100% or the League has agreed to a proposal that these will be settled at 100% in accordance with an agreed payment plan, otherwise your Club will be automatically relegated. Any proposal that doesn't satisfy ALL claims 100% is a completer non-starter and would result in an AFC Torquay starting off life at the bottom level of the pyramid.

Again I wish you well, but time is extremely short. Use it wisely.
Thanks for the input and as you say according to the league rules this isn’t a normal Insolvency. I’m intrigued by the phrase in the rules stating “other creditors are satisfied” in that does this mean 100p in the £ or an agreed settlement figure in a CVA which bound be pence in the £ ?
Nigel L
Trialist
Trialist

Post by Nigel L »

bobbytanz1963 wrote: 22 Feb 2024, 20:31 Thanks for the input and as you say according to the league rules this isn’t a normal Insolvency. I’m intrigued by the phrase in the rules stating “other creditors are satisfied” in that does this mean 100p in the £ or an agreed settlement figure in a CVA which bound be pence in the £ ?
100p in the £ for the verified claim, however the amount being claimed by a particular creditor may be a moveable feast
Last edited by Nigel L on 22 Feb 2024, 20:49, edited 1 time in total.