Torbay Council

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Colorado
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Peter Coffill

Torbay Council

Post by Colorado »

Please release a statement.
gullsgullsgulls
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Sills

Post by gullsgullsgulls »

About what?
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

On the Facebook page

Darren Cowell - cllr

I have requested that the foillowing urgent question is answered at tonight's full council meeting:

"Given the sad news that Torquay United have entered administration, can you please assure the Council, Club and community that Torbay Council will work with new owners to ensure that football within the football pyramid will continue at Plainmor.
Further, to reassure everyone that the freehold will not be put up for sale.
Will the Leader also share with me our support for the players, staff and supporters at this news."
AdrianC
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Chris Myers
Watches from: Pop side

Post by AdrianC »

Well done Mr Cowell, watch this space...
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

I have already written to Cllr. Steve Darling no doubt pushing at an open door as he is a fan. Every local fan should be writing to their ward Councillors to ask for their support. The Council is under a lot of budget pressure so every effort should be made by us to keep them on their toes.

If you aren't sure, you can find out who to write to here:

https://www.torbay.gov.uk/DemocraticSer ... aspx?bcr=1
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Torbay Council will never change. The club has been fighting with the old geezers for decades. Even as a 7-year old, I can still recall our fans chanting "sell the ground" outside the town hall during our promotion parade in 2004. The sad fact is, our local officials don't really care all that much about the club, and the majority of our owners throughout those same years have felt the same.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper

Post by gateman49 »

gateman49 wrote: 22 Feb 2024, 16:36 I have already written to Cllr. Steve Darling no doubt pushing at an open door as he is a fan. Every local fan should be writing to their ward Councillors to ask for their support. The Council is under a lot of budget pressure so every effort should be made by us to keep them on their toes.

If you aren't sure, you can find out who to write to here:

https://www.torbay.gov.uk/DemocraticSer ... aspx?bcr=1
Steve has just replied with a very positive message and is also raising the matter tonight.
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper

Post by gateman49 »

......and a bit more as I wrote Kevin Foster as well:

On behalf of Kevin Foster MP, thank you for your email.

Kevin is aware of the club’s announcement, on the back of this he has organised a meeting with the Torquay United Supporters Trust to discuss how he can support fans. Kevin has also requested an urgent meeting with the Sports Minister next week.

Kevin will update concerned fans through his social media and weekly update following these meetings, he will do all he can in support.
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

gateman49 wrote: 22 Feb 2024, 16:47 Steve has just replied with a very positive message and is also raising the matter tonight.
He raised it tonight, as did Dave Thomas - reassurance provided on the freehold

Seems the freehold could be our saving grace for a football club to play at Plainmoor - what that looks like - who knows!
Chelston TUFC
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by Chelston TUFC »

The ground is owned by the people of Torbay not Torbay Council. Its OURS
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper

Post by gateman49 »

Chelston TUFC wrote: 22 Feb 2024, 19:09 The ground is owned by the people of Torbay not Torbay Council. Its OURS
Technically, yes, but the Councillors supervise and look after it as our representatives and need to be kept on their toes.
CornishGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by CornishGull »

Colorado Gull wrote: 22 Feb 2024, 16:44 Torbay Council will never change. The club has been fighting with the old geezers for decades. Even as a 7-year old, I can still recall our fans chanting "sell the ground" outside the town hall during our promotion parade in 2004. The sad fact is, our local officials don't really care all that much about the club, and the majority of our owners throughout those same years have felt the same.
I'd say the council got that one right. If they had sold it then it wouldn't be here now.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

I think the council have looked after us as best they could given the current financial climate. They weren't duped by Osborne so fair play to them I say.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Chelston TUFC
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by Chelston TUFC »

gateman49 wrote: 22 Feb 2024, 19:47 Technically, yes, but the Councillors supervise and look after it as our representatives and need to be kept on their toes.
Spot on
leetufc
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by leetufc »

Southampton Gull wrote: 22 Feb 2024, 20:14 I think the council have looked after us as best they could given the current financial climate. They weren't duped by Osborne so fair play to them I say.
Completely agree, in the circumstances