Osborne gone!

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
numpte
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Me

Post by numpte »

A day that has been coming for a long time. Either wealthy benefactor/s get involved (£5M in debt realistically who is the likely to be) or more likely I would say, club goes out of business and a phoenix club resumes in its place, at Plainmoor, a few leagues below where we are now.

He may have been propping up the club for the past few years but not sure how anyone can bemoan the loss of Osbourne. It would have ended this way in end or playing at some inadequate stadium with punters increasingly peed off at the level of interaction and on pitch success or lack of it as the guy doesnt care. Good riddance.

People knock the TUST but theyve got themselves organised and probably in a better position now than the near miss a few years ago. Was the reason I joined at that time and have remained as a silent member.

The near term road may be tricky but there will be a club in some form at Plainmoor.
TUST #324
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Assume Johnson will be leaving soon, we can't afford his enormous salary now.
TorquayUntied
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by TorquayUntied »

So TUST you have what you have wanted from the start.

So let's see now what you come with won't we.

TUST has the money in the bank to pay by end of May the 250 grand to make sure we fulfill our fixtures in 24/25 haven't you??

Otherwise why protest and want him out.

TUST killed the club all because they don't want a new ground and make the club money.

AFC Torquay sharing the rugby ground can do 1.

Buckland, Truro, and Newton Abbott Spurs and Plymouth Parkway are all laughing if you think you going to start up there.

Well done TUST for killing the club.
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

TorquayUnited wrote: 22 Feb 2024, 16:49 So TUST you have what you have wanted from the start.

TUST has the money in the bank to pay by end of May the 250 grand to make sure we fulfill our fixtures in 24/25 haven't you??

TUST killed the club all because they don't want a new ground and make the club money.

Buckland, Truro, and Newton Abbott Spurs and Plymouth Parkway are all laughing if you think you going to start up there.

This has to be some parody account

Deluded
numpte
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Me

Post by numpte »

TorquayUnited wrote: 22 Feb 2024, 16:49 So TUST you have what you have wanted from the start.

George Edwards?
TUST #324
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

The sad day was the day he got his dirty mits on the club we all love. I see todays events as a good thing because had he got his hands on what he was really after we would be in an even worse position. Time for everyone to pull together now and at long last I can return to my beloved Plainmoor. That charlatan never got a penny of my money and now he never will. Onwards and upwards and good riddance to a despicable man, the one I maintained all along that should have received the hatred that ultimately went elsewhere.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Plymgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Plymgull »

Don't suppose Ryan Reynolds has any mates looking for a small club to invest in?
bringbackthecowshed
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Tommy Mitchinson

Post by bringbackthecowshed »

You are absolutely correct, the sooner people wake up to the fact the better
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

Silly person!
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

You are a complete idiot.
Why don't you pop round and see if that bell Osborne wants his windows cleaning you tool.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

greb46
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by greb46 »

Southampton Gull wrote: 22 Feb 2024, 16:53 The sad day was the day he got his dirty mits on the club we all love. I see todays events as a good thing because had he got his hands on what he was really after we would be in an even worse position. Time for everyone to pull together now and at long last I can return to my beloved Plainmoor. That charlatan never got a penny of my money and now he never will. Onwards and upwards and good riddance to a despicable man, the one I maintained all along that should have received the hatred that ultimately went elsewhere.

Yes he'd sell his grandmother and the clothes on her back if he had the chance.Glad he can crawl back under the greasy rock he appeared from.
Hereford Gull66
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Jimmy Dunne

Post by Hereford Gull66 »

It has arrived, we knew it would at some point, we need information and guidance.

On the face of it, we will be going bust, who would pay Osbourne circa £5 million to take us over, who wants that to happen?
Unless he is prepared to accept a significant reduction they/we should say invest in a new club. However any new club should commit to pay off any local firms who have supported the club. Yes we start at the bottom like Aldershot, Hereford and others but they all had fun getting back up with a lot of hard work. Initially people volunteered to do things previously carried out by paid staff.

Any way guidance assurances on where Saturdays gate money goes….
Gloomy Gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Gloomy Gull »

Let’s history not wipe out the fact that a contributory factor in this debacle includes the grandiose ideas of Phillips, Baker et al, whose ineptitude put us in the position that Osborne was the only viable option to Administration 6 years ago.
Osborne saw an opportunity and took it. Not that he has clean hands since taking control.
WestLondonYellow
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by WestLondonYellow »

I know for a fact that isn't true, I have been in contact and they were open to a discussion. But we should try to avoid needing to play elsewhere as a priority.
The point is, your post is unhelpful at best, and intentionally poisonous at worst. We as a fanbase need to unite now to have the best chance of saving the club or the success of a future phoenix club.

If you believe TUST killed the club you need to seek help today from NHS mental health services. It has been explained to death the reasons why and if you are unable to accept or comprehend those reasons then, you either don't have the IQ required to understand or you purposefully are acting like an ignorant child.
Last edited by WestLondonYellow on 22 Feb 2024, 17:13, edited 2 times in total.
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

Found on FB

EMPEROR SECURITY SERVICES LTD would like to show our ongoing support and commitment to all at Torquay United FC in light of their recent announcement.

Due to the difficult times ahead we have decided to donate all profits back to the club for the game on the 24th February.

Emperor Academy South West will still be running from the clubs main business hub and we will support in any way that we can moving forward

We would like to thank our team for your continued support, and look forward to the long and successful future of this great club!

See you Saturday for 3points 🤞🏻🟡

Lee Kinsella

Emperor Security Services Ltd
Managing Director
Last edited by kevgull on 22 Feb 2024, 17:05, edited 1 time in total.
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal: