Osborne gone!

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
WestLondonYellow
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by WestLondonYellow »

kevgull wrote: 22 Feb 2024, 13:37 I’m now wondering how this affects all TUFC staff wages until the end of the season. Is cash on the gate at match days vital for our survival.

Boycotting matches may need a rethinking.
No we can’t boycott now, we all have to work together
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

WestLondonYellow wrote: 22 Feb 2024, 13:40 No we can’t boycott now, we all have to work together
Correct.
Might have to make a trip down ASAP as I don't think I'll be able to next season.........
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

So the Final Whistle blows: What now? Administration: point deductions, cost-cutting, restructuring debts and selling assets (namely players) to raise funds. We are up a creek without a paddle.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

10 point deduction coming then - as is the southern league
Gloomy Gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Gloomy Gull »

Need more wins now to offset the incoming points deduction 🤞
Willowgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Willowgull »

It's very unlikely that the club will be able to carry on until the end of the season unless a new owner is found very quickly. I reckon we have 2-3 weeks to find a saviour!
Rio Doherty
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Watches from: The pub

Post by Rio Doherty »

I’m very sorry to hear about the mess you guys are in, and the threat of administration. Here at Chester FC we’ve been through it all before. It’s just another case of diehard, passionate supporters like yourself who are having to pick up the tab of an Owner in Clarke Osborne who’s ran away. What it means for Gary Johnson’s position I don’t know. He should’ve been sacked from you a while ago, but right now there’s more important things to worry about than on-pitch matters, as the existence of your club is at threat. I’ve been following this forum quite closely recently, and there’s been a talk about a potential Phoenix club if it ever got to that stage. I’m sure a few of us at Chester FC would be more than happy to offer some advice if needed. Really hope that you can get things sorted quickly, as loyal fans like you deserve far better. I’ve just made a thread on our fans’ forum, Devachat, to raise awareness, so feel free to give it a read if you like ⬇️:
https://deva-chat.com/thread/7256/torquay-united

All the best chaps.
Last edited by Rio Doherty on 22 Feb 2024, 13:55, edited 1 time in total.
Chester FC supporter and volunteer with a soft spot for Torquay
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

brucie wrote: 22 Feb 2024, 13:47 10 point deduction coming then - as is the southern league
My mind immediately went there, not sure the NL suspend those decisions until the following season
Yellow6
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Yellow6 »

Points deduction?
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

Gloomy Gull wrote: 22 Feb 2024, 13:50 Need more wins now to offset the incoming points deduction 🤞
Effectively 4 points from relegation, if it’s only a 10 point deduction.
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
Willowgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Willowgull »

I think that a points deduction is the last of our worries. How long can we fulfill fixtures for.......
Not long!
aggrey_25
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: aggrey

Post by aggrey_25 »

where do you advertising selling a club lol, agreed small time frame for new owner so looks grim
leetufc
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by leetufc »

Worrying times ahead - points deductions, best players will likely be sold and a potential transfer embargo?
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

UnitedinDevon wrote: 22 Feb 2024, 13:51 My mind immediately went there, not sure the NL suspend those decisions until the following season
My understanding is that any club entering administration before the fourth Thursday in March would have an immediate points deduction.

Administration can be tough to endure and could well see our club being wound up (liquidated). We can only but hope that this may be the catalyst for turning the club around - again! - and go on to reach new heights. Everything now is in the lap of the Gods.