Johnson latest drivel

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Bristol_Gull »

There is an old adage that says “if you treat each relationship as you did at the beginning, then there will be no end”.

We’re in an extremely similar predicament, if not worse, than when Gary Johnson took over, but he was able to radically turn things around

He needs to take a deep look at what’s going on and either walk into the office on Monday and treat it as day one and do the necessary to change our on the pitch fortunes, or step aside and give someone else the opportunity to do exactly what he did when he first started with the Gulls.

Ultimately it’s direction, heartfelt encouragement and support that this team need.

It’s palpable Gary is despondent, but if he is to stay he needs to lead from the front and bring the energy and conviction he brought on day one. If he can’t find it within himself to do this, then he needs to do the honorable thing and go.
Vick
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Vick »

At the end of his post-match interview, in response to mention of Tuesday's match against Farnborough, the Gaffer said: "There's gonna be a lot of hard talking, of course, at all levels, and we'll see how it all turns out."

An unusual response to that particular question, in my opinion. Will he walk away before Tuesday or be fired?

I know I've wondered that before but I reckon he knows he's on borrowed time.
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by Bristol_Gull »

It’s indicative that the board are at least discussing performance issues, they clearly are very loyal to Gary but ultimately the line has already been crossed and we’re in the red zone and I’m sure they have their own limits, even if they are much wider than our own
AdrianC
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by AdrianC »

I’ve never liked the title of Gaffer, reminds of Bill Maynard in the comedy series. When interviewing him, we shouldn’t be pandering to his ego and referring to him by that title!

Just a personal opinion, mini rant over!
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

He said the same thing after the St Albans game - in fact he says the same thing after every game.
Lufc1996
Trialist
Trialist
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by Lufc1996 »

Stoneybroke wrote: 07 Feb 2024, 09:05 If anyone wennt last night...proud of his players !! He said.
OK but did he go and clap the Yellow Army after the match ??
Tbf Downsey came over clapping the fans tonight, received a load of abuse and shouting at him asking why he was clapping by a select few (including one the the Torquay talk lads)
Damned if they do, damned if they don’t 🤷‍♂️
WainwrightGull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by WainwrightGull »

Last nights nonsense from Johnson after 0-0 with Farnborough..’we can’t have a party and get excited at this moment in time because we need to play catch up’

He really needs to put his brain in gear.
The party is over old son
29 points behind Yeovil
15 defeats in 33 games
7 points outside play offs
14 points off bottom 4

Certainly no time for a party, but yellow card protest everybody is invited on Saturday