Farnborough v Torquay United Tue 20TH

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Skillsy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Skillsy »

One other question.....what is the consensus regarding Gary Johnson staying IF we get promoted?

The first respondent will undoubtedly say that it's irrelevant as it won't happen (and I agree it is looking unlikely), but if it did happen would fans still want him to go? Let's just say we pick up in form, get into the play offs and then breeze through the play offs like KIdderminster did last season in the NLN.

In that scenario, should he still go?
Vick
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Vick »

Farnborough 1-2 Torquay
DerekDawkinsJnr
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by DerekDawkinsJnr »

Farnborough 2- Torquay 0
RodneyJacksRightFoot
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by RodneyJacksRightFoot »

Farnborough 1
Torquay 2
Jackom
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Jackom »

Gulls win 4-1
Owlgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Owlgull »

Skillsy - Yes, Gary Johnson should definitely still go irrespective of a miracle happening and us being promoted. I have never been part of the Gary out brigade, but as each week has passed my faith and hope have been steadily eroded, to the extent that I feel really depressed watching my beloved team play so poorly - and consistently lose.
For me, I just can’t forgive GJ’s total lack of respect or understanding of the loyal fans who pay his, and the teams wages. His comments about “the wrong sort of fans” demonstrates his breathtaking arrogance and reinforces how totally out of touch he is with us. I don’t think I will EVER be able to forgive that comment.
The fact that he NEVER acknowledges the fans close up, leaving Aaron Downes to do it, is nothing short of cowardly and despicable. I hate watching GJ post match interviews because I can’t bear to see how broken he has become.
Having said all that I will still be going to the matches and praying for a miracle. I won’t shout abuse, that’s not my way, but inside I die a little more when the final whistle blows.
Maybe Tim Sills would be interested in taking over……..

Torquay Til I Die!!
Hot Rod
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Hot Rod »

Farnborough 4 Torquay 1
Stoneybroke
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Stoneybroke »

Don't know why....Farmborough 2- Torquack 2..and still Gary Out !!!
Wolborough
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Wolborough »

1-0 Farnborough.
tufcyellowarmy
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by tufcyellowarmy »

Farnborough 3 - Gulls 2
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by budegull1954 »

1-1
zebgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: alex russell

Post by zebgull »

Farnborough 0 Torquay 1
Colorado
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Peter Coffill

Post by Colorado »

Skillsy wrote: 18 Feb 2024, 23:55 One other question.....what is the consensus regarding Gary Johnson staying IF we get promoted?

The first respondent will undoubtedly say that it's irrelevant as it won't happen (and I agree it is looking unlikely), but if it did happen would fans still want him to go? Let's just say we pick up in form, get into the play offs and then breeze through the play offs like KIdderminster did last season in the NLN.

In that scenario, should he still go?
Skillsy, I’m wondering what are your thoughts? Since you brought it up you must have some thoughts on the matter?
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by United62 »

Owlgull wrote: 19 Feb 2024, 07:47 Skillsy - Yes, Gary Johnson should definitely still go irrespective of a miracle happening and us being promoted. I have never been part of the Gary out brigade, but as each week has passed my faith and hope have been steadily eroded, to the extent that I feel really depressed watching my beloved team play so poorly - and consistently lose.
For me, I just can’t forgive GJ’s total lack of respect or understanding of the loyal fans who pay his, and the teams wages. His comments about “the wrong sort of fans” demonstrates his breathtaking arrogance and reinforces how totally out of touch he is with us. I don’t think I will EVER be able to forgive that comment.
The fact that he NEVER acknowledges the fans close up, leaving Aaron Downes to do it, is nothing short of cowardly and despicable. I hate watching GJ post match interviews because I can’t bear to see how broken he has become.
Having said all that I will still be going to the matches and praying for a miracle. I won’t shout abuse, that’s not my way, but inside I die a little more when the final whistle blows.
Maybe Tim Sills would be interested in taking over……..

Torquay Til I Die!!
This.

Having been a lifelong supporter, travelling the width and breadth of the country to support our once proud club, it really is becoming depressing beyond words. Our club is rotten to the core.

I had a choice on Saturday whether to go to watch Torquay lose again or make the shorter trip to Welling to watch Tonbridge. My head said 'go to Park View Road, you'll enjoy it more'... but, as with everything Torquay United related, my heart won over and we set off for Braintree.

No need to go into a rant about the game. It's what we've all come to expect. A toothless showing (again), defeat against another part-time club (again), a miserable trip home (again).

And, yes, I'll be there on Tuesday because after all said and done, this isn't Osborne's club, this isn't Johnson's club. It's ours.
''I was born under the Mini Stand....''
torregull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by torregull »

1-1