Anyone remember Mad Marcus?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
TommyGunn
On the Bench
On the Bench

Anyone remember Mad Marcus?

Post by TommyGunn »

Quality Torquay pre match entertainment 1983 style. Catching canon balls :bow: Ha Ha :lol:

desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

I don't actually but was at the game. Used to like Saturday night ko's
Pitches a lot better now. Oh for a even half asleep Steve Cooper up front now !
Stoneybroke
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Stoneybroke »

So another defensive mix up and a home defeat.

But ...omg..a chat with the chairman Tony Boyce ..now there's something we don't see now !!!
TommyGunn
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by TommyGunn »

desperado wrote: 15 Feb 2024, 07:56 I don't actually but was at the game. Used to like Saturday night ko's
Pitches a lot better now. Oh for a even half asleep Steve Cooper up front now !
I started going to games around 79 so I think I was at the game but I don't remember a guy catching cannon balls. But it is over 40 years ago now.

One of my fav players was Steve Cooper. Fearless forward who never backed out of a challenge and got clobbered many times by goalkeepers and centre halves.  Just carried on with a limp but was always there next game. 
Great twin striker partnership alongside Les Lawrence. Loved watching these two under the lights.

I remember they both started their careers at Stourbridge. We must have had a scout in the west midlands. The days when we had proper contacts and a honourable chairman that you could trust..
The Great Muta!
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by The Great Muta! »

I start regularly going the back end of 83/84,but properly from 84/85 onwards, as a young lad I couldn't ever really see John Bartlett, but for whatever reason he use to scare me!, think it was the loud booming voice and his general pissed off attitude, I use to go up to the back of the popular side to something to eat and he always had a distinctive smell of ciggies/tabbaco!, I was also at the game when he got ejected vs Maidstone!...
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by United62 »

Nice to see the ol' Mini Stand in all it's glory! Ah, the memories!
''I was born under the Mini Stand....''
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Yes was at that game
TommyGunn
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by TommyGunn »

United62 wrote: 15 Feb 2024, 15:07 Nice to see the ol' Mini Stand in all it's glory! Ah, the memories!
Found a pic of kids in the mini stand here. Are you there?
https://marcusdaviesphotography.com/wp- ... -small.jpg
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by United62 »

TommyGunn wrote: 15 Feb 2024, 16:46 Found a pic of kids in the mini stand here. Are you there?

My username might give you the answer to that one.

Being 1983, I'd more than likely have been stumbling out of The Little House with all the other Watcombeites en route to Plainmoor.

:whistle:
''I was born under the Mini Stand....''
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

I do remember this (the cannonball thing was a one-off) and I remember it being on MOTD as well. I have a feeling that the guy catching the cannonball was then in the MOTD credits for a while afterwards.