Message to the "protesters"

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Cheddargull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Cheddargull »

Guildford Gull wrote: 10 Feb 2024, 09:12 The problem with this strategy is that it plays into the hands of Osborne, Edwards and Johnson. What they want is compliant fans whilst they systematically destroy the club we all love and support. We can't be far off the same position in the table we were when Johnson was appointed, which shows how little progress has been made on the field in the last five years. I wouldn't be surprised if Johnson has had something to do with yesterdays club statement because we all know he doesn't take criticism well with his digs about the wrong sort of supporter in his interviews.

The club is a mess on and off the field and nothing will change whilst Osborne, Edwards and Johnson are at the club and 2,000 fans turn up every week and compliantly support the team whilst giving the club their hard earned money.

Like Admiral I no longer watch the team. I look for the results and listen to Johnson's ludicrous pre and post match press conferences but this is no longer the club I've support through thick and and a lot of thin for over 50 years.
Very :goodpost:
Cheddargull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Cheddargull »

Dave wrote: 10 Feb 2024, 10:27 When you add the latest news from TQ1 regards the removal of banners and young supporter attendance, apparently the stewards have the right to question someone aged 14 if they think they look venerable, come on, really ? If we add this to cashless turnstiles and the £2 matchday surcharge because the business brains who run our club don't like ques, football clubs are a business, fans are it's customers, can our clubs ownership and local board do much more to drive fans away.

Maybe it is deliberate who knows, I'm those charged with running the club read social media and maybe these forums, my message to them, is you seriously need to wake up, when you've got the clubs own fanbase refereeing to TUFC as North Korea FC and likening Osbourne, Edwards and Hayman to the leaders of the North Korean regime your big trouble.

Those going yes, protest, now is the time to crank the pressure right up.
Very :goodpost:
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

I have read a lot this week about the pros and cons of protesting and what form that should take. What I would like to see is something from the TUST who from their lofty position like to be seen as the grown up in the room, are they for demostrations and positive action from the fans, do they believe in accuracy and honesty, if so they state that hundreds left at the st albans match,they didnt, many of them just relocated to another part of the popside, secondly I was out back of the family stand at the end of the match and their description of a large group was anything but, many of those were just passing by or stopping to chat with friends, as for demos at scunthorpe, reading and everton , what has been achieved, well nothing obvious,except in a negative sense,Reading are awaiting to see if the FA deduct more points for the pitch invasion and game suspension, so what seemed a brilliant idea in the bar before the match, made in haste and under the effects of alcohol now not only makes the owners of each club retreat more into defensive mode but also gives them a wonderful outers for their shortcomings by blaming the fans for the lowly position because of potential points deduction.
I have friends who remainTUST members and while the TUST continually stats the opposite, they are convinced they will not be content until they have a modicum of control over the club, they demand a seat at the top table and before anything is finalised on the new meetings with the club state their terms for acceptance for such a seat, the make up of the group, the timing of meetings and I am sure if they had their way contolling the agenda. Are they any more representative than the TUFC official fan club who could demand similar parity at meetings.You could end up at each meeting with thirty or more all supporting their party line and achieving nothing.
torregull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by torregull »

What TUFC official fan club?
Why not put yourself forward- there's a category for just about everyone- or do you just prefer to snipe fom the side- lines ,whilst others spend a huge amount of time and energy trying to hold the club to account and affect the urgent changes so desparately needed.
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

Torregull, I have been a member of the TUST but no longer and I supported them in the early days to the tune of several hundred pounds, after six years plus they are no farther forwrad than they were at the start, yes they have a committee who communicates with the members once a month, not forgetting their newpaper column but what have they done of a tangible nature, other than annoy the club to the point they were until recently not on speaking terms. like many fans trusts, have they ever offered to contribute to the wages of a loan player we may need, have they engaged with the council to support the clubs aims of a new ground, something I found out by accident that the TUST is against.
As I have already said when you are on the outside looking in the last thing you do is issue a series of demands before you will consider stepping over the threshold.
torregull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by torregull »

TUST is not against the building of a new stadium as such-see statement of 26th January on the TUST thread on this site.
It is not the remit of TUST to fund the club-more often than not the club refuses help from TUST from initiatives that support the match day experience anyway,ie.Matchday Ambassadors and Fan Zones. TUST also speaks to the Council on a regular basis, including recently as regards the new stadium announcement from the club and share the similar perspective on this.If engagement with club is to be meaningful and not just a talking shop with no tangible outcomes, the SLG needs to be set up properly ;with the processes of selection for membership fair and equitable,to allow a broad range of views and opinions. At the moment clarity is needed on how such representation will be achieved.
TUST_Official
Verified by Admin
Verified by Admin

Post by TUST_Official »

Are YOU happy with the way YOUR football club is being run?

So many aspects of the running of our wonderful football club are causing concern among the fan base. It is worrying to hear of so many long-standing supporters staying away from games because they are so disillusioned and others threatening not to buy a season ticket next year unless things improve.

Rising levels of dissatisfaction are evident from declining attendances, recent matchday protests and the number of critical views posted across social media. Yet those in charge of the club from owner to CEO to manager give the impression that everything is fine and we should all be positive or not express our views.

Well things are not ‘fine’ and now is the time for concerned supporters who have the future of the club at heart to unite and make our voices heard.

TUST is working with other interested groups to bring supporters together to press for change. Further details will be released very soon.

JOIN HERE - www.tust.co.uk
Official Account of Torquay United Supporters Trust
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Are YOU happy with the way YOUR football club is being run?

All depends what you're comparing it with - Man City or Bury?
Forest gull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Steve Cooper
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Forest gull »

Admiral wrote: 09 Feb 2024, 23:49 I won’t return to Plainmoor until the club is rid of Osborne, whatever that situation looks like. Decades of hardly missing a game. Anyone who understates the seriousness of the dire position the club is now in is deluded.
Same here.