TUST - Show Venom and a backbone

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Taelee73
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney jack
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Taelee73 »

Read the post a couple above my last one, the dad said he felt some glee at the scoreline for being proved right about not wanting to go after his son had gone anyway.
Also on Torquay Yellow Army on Fbook, I have seen a few posts from time to time hoping we get hammered in certain games to help convince the owners to act.
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

Are we clutching at straws to think that a fully fit squad and a motivated management team might get us back into the playoffs just in time?

Personally I wouldn’t bet my money on it and would rather see GJ leave the club ASAP, by any means necessary, rather than witnessing the continued demise of TUFC.
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Taelee73 wrote: 11 Feb 2024, 16:27 Read the post a couple above my last one, the dad said he felt some glee at the scoreline for being proved right about not wanting to go after his son had gone anyway.
Also on Torquay Yellow Army on Fbook, I have seen a few posts from time to time hoping we get hammered in certain games to help convince the owners to act.
Yes I see it now, must admit I only skim read posts with long closed up sentences, as far as the Yellow army FB tend to take a lot written on there with a pinch of salt.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

The fact Johnson is still in charge reinstates the lack of care from the ownership. Contingency plans need to be ramped up now. I’d donate a generous amount if I knew it was helping to build something, I donated to Chester’s ‘city fans united’ fundraiser back in the day that ultimately helped start Chester FC.
Skillsy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Skillsy »

Admiral wrote: 11 Feb 2024, 18:42 The fact Johnson is still in charge reinstates the lack of care from the ownership. Contingency plans need to be ramped up now. I’d donate a generous amount if I knew it was helping to build something, I donated to Chester’s ‘city fans united’ fundraiser back in the day that ultimately helped start Chester FC.
I would donate too, but only on condition we stay at Plainmoor and do not put down a plastic pitch.
DGulls
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by DGulls »

Ive stayed pretty quiet on these matters...but like most of the fanbase, i think everyone has had enough...our club is rotten to the core, with Osborne needing to be held accountable. His record at other clubs is dire at best and now we're seeing this unfold at TUFC. So my question to every fan now is - are you happy to watch the club slowly fade away? Because that is exactly what is happening right now.

We must act now...we need to be loud and proud and fight for OUR club, not Osborne's 'club' to make millions out of us and the land around Plainmoor.

It needs a unified approach. Occasionally, there has been talks of boycotts or protests, the local press then write about it and then very few follow this out...Osbourne will be laughing...20 fans and a drum...he will be licking his lips. But well done to the 20 fans...thats a start!

I am a part time fan, i get to as many games as poss but im not locaĺ enough, nor have much spare time to get to Plainmoor more often.

We need to have a rallying cry...one match selected to make the biggest impact. All supporters, whether they attend week in week out or just the occasional match like myself to make an effort to attend the identified game. There then needs to be maximum impact calling on the ownership of the club...maybe a march from town culminating outside the gates/offices of Plainmoor hours before the game...some protest inside the stadium, all banners and fans on bristows and family stand so the one camera in the stadium has it on film, as much as the fans in the pop are protesting, its under the camera and therefore very little coverage or media attention.

Protests after the game too...once a date has been confirmed, invite the local pro teams fans to help shout for us too. Let the press know too. Maybe a fixture when Argyle and Exeter have big away games. Devon needs to stand united when the very existance of one of our clubs is threatened...you'll be surprised how many will come and support this...remember the days when the padlock was nearly on the gates last time and the amount of argyle fans came with their argyle banners to try and keep us afloat...you dont forget that kind of stuff!!!!

Im not the right person to start this - maybe it is TUST, maybe its the dedicated bigger profiles online - admin of this site maybe, i do not know...but we need a targeted approach to make a big impact.

Think impact of Southend's tennis balls...it was on sky sports...we need something like this...

C'mon, we must act now before its too late! Go big or the very club we all love will be no more.

No violence, no problems, just vociferously calling out the ownership of our club through maximum exposure. Ive said my bit...enough is enough
Rio Doherty
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Watches from: The pub

Post by Rio Doherty »

Admiral wrote: 11 Feb 2024, 18:42 The fact Johnson is still in charge reinstates the lack of care from the ownership. Contingency plans need to be ramped up now. I’d donate a generous amount if I knew it was helping to build something, I donated to Chester’s ‘city fans united’ fundraiser back in the day that ultimately helped start Chester FC.
That’s a classy gesture. May have been 14 years ago but it’s very much-appreciated 👏.
Chester FC supporter and volunteer with a soft spot for Torquay
TheYellowFromExeter
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by TheYellowFromExeter »

DGulls wrote: 12 Feb 2024, 00:26 Ive stayed pretty quiet on these matters...but like most of the fanbase, i think everyone has had enough...our club is rotten to the core, with Osborne needing to be held accountable. His record at other clubs is dire at best and now we're seeing this unfold at TUFC. So my question to every fan now is - are you happy to watch the club slowly fade away? Because that is exactly what is happening right now.

We must act now...we need to be loud and proud and fight for OUR club, not Osborne's 'club' to make millions out of us and the land around Plainmoor.

It needs a unified approach. Occasionally, there has been talks of boycotts or protests, the local press then write about it and then very few follow this out...Osbourne will be laughing...20 fans and a drum...he will be licking his lips. But well done to the 20 fans...thats a start!

I am a part time fan, i get to as many games as poss but im not locaĺ enough, nor have much spare time to get to Plainmoor more often.

We need to have a rallying cry...one match selected to make the biggest impact. All supporters, whether they attend week in week out or just the occasional match like myself to make an effort to attend the identified game. There then needs to be maximum impact calling on the ownership of the club...maybe a march from town culminating outside the gates/offices of Plainmoor hours before the game...some protest inside the stadium, all banners and fans on bristows and family stand so the one camera in the stadium has it on film, as much as the fans in the pop are protesting, its under the camera and therefore very little coverage or media attention.

Protests after the game too...once a date has been confirmed, invite the local pro teams fans to help shout for us too. Let the press know too. Maybe a fixture when Argyle and Exeter have big away games. Devon needs to stand united when the very existance of one of our clubs is threatened...you'll be surprised how many will come and support this...remember the days when the padlock was nearly on the gates last time and the amount of argyle fans came with their argyle banners to try and keep us afloat...you dont forget that kind of stuff!!!!

Im not the right person to start this - maybe it is TUST, maybe its the dedicated bigger profiles online - admin of this site maybe, i do not know...but we need a targeted approach to make a big impact.

Think impact of Southend's tennis balls...it was on sky sports...we need something like this...

C'mon, we must act now before its too late! Go big or the very club we all love will be no more.

No violence, no problems, just vociferously calling out the ownership of our club through maximum exposure. Ive said my bit...enough is enough
On the 23rd of March, when we are at home to Hampton & Richmond, Exeter are away to Leyton Orient and at the moment Plymouth don’t have a game that day
WestLondonYellow
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by WestLondonYellow »

https://pasoti.co.uk/threads/torquay-un ... 961/page-3

From PASOTI:

Meanwhile on their forum they're arguing amongst themselves about what to do...

TUST - Show Venom and a backbone - TorquayFans.com | Torquay United Fans Forum

Shows there is some fight in them. But its so small that even on their 'protest thread' it quickly comes back to the almost irrelevant subject of 'on pitch' matters...

...YOUR CLUB IS BEING STOLEN, WAKE THE **** UP!!

It calls to mind those lines in War of the Worlds (I only have Jeff Wayne's version to draw reference from) when the earth is about to be invaded by Martians...

"It seems totally incredible to me now that everyone spent that evening as though it were just like any other. From the railway station came the sound of shunting trains, ringing and rumbling
Softened almost into melody by the distance. It all seemed so safe and tranquil"
WestLondonYellow
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

TorquayUnited wrote: 10 Feb 2024, 21:20 Please no. Not this nonsense again.

TUST couldn't even afford to pay the groundsman a week's money last time they tried something.

Went back into their hole thankfully. After 30 seconds with Osbourne 4 years ago.
Interesting choice of words and sentiment displayed here. Genuine supporter or on the Osborne Payroll?
WestLondonYellow
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

Dave wrote: 11 Feb 2024, 15:49 :goodpost: I largely agree, although I will not back down from believing GJ has been a large part of the problem.
I don’t disagree that Gary Johnson is part of the problem but he’s part of the problem because of the much bigger part of the problem.

Clarke Osborne has to be some sort of sociopath to continually move to see sporting entities removed from their stadiums. What sort of vulture and parasite does this to communities? The bloke is past the age of 70 with not a great deal of life left and is that seriously what he wants his legacy to be, someone who screwed communities over? What is wrong with him?
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

hector wrote: 12 Feb 2024, 17:26 I don’t disagree that Gary Johnson is part of the problem but he’s part of the problem because of the much bigger part of the problem.

Clarke Osborne has to be some sort of sociopath to continually move to see sporting entities removed from their stadiums. What sort of vulture and parasite does this to communities? The bloke is past the age of 70 with not a great deal of life left and is that seriously what he wants his legacy to be, someone who screwed communities over? What is wrong with him?
He has an unhealthy obsession with the word sustainability, I’m not sure he knows what it means.
WestLondonYellow
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Advice from ExeWeb member;

"Your Trust needs to open dialogue with the Council pronto. You need to establish the remaining lease that the Club has on the ground, and make sure that it is not renewed. It is one of Osborne's remaining bargaining chips, and could impede progress in TUST/phoenix club taking over the Plainmoor lease."

This would be an example of a bit of Venom and fight, but TUST would rather roll over and let Edwards tickle it's belly in the form of an online fans forum and a pathetic Steering Group.
bobbytanz1963
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by bobbytanz1963 »

I suggest you speak to the TUST to establish what they are doing and it’s NOT rolling over as you suggest

I presume you looking to be sooooo proactive will be looking to join the Steering group ?