New Blue Card

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
GULL 67
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by GULL 67 »

Can we have a purple card. This is where the offending player has to remove his boots and shin pads for 10 minutes . Or an orange card where for 10 minutes he can only use his weaker foot. If he uses his good foot he gets a purple card followed by blue yellow and red. Two purples = Blue, two oranges = Blue + Yellow. Although if your Dave Mckay bollox to it all.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

There seems to be some mass hysteria going here. As said I've seen sin bins used at Adult Devon League games, it is very effective, also to add, my eldest brother is a Hampshire county FA referee, although past retirement age, still referees men's county level football, and has use of the sin bin rule, he tells me his strategy regarding sins bins, is to call the captain and offending playing over, he gives a warning the sin bin will be used, and says he finds 9 times out of 10 this works, and odd occasion it doesn't.

Unlike VAR which has made the situation of getting correct decision making worse rather than better, this is a rule change, which to be fair is being talked about as a trial that will only enhance football. Some will always be stubborn and resistant to change.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Owlgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Owlgull »

:lol:
GULL 67 wrote: 09 Feb 2024, 19:30 How about introducing a mystery crate at the side of the pitch. On 40 minutes a player in neutral kit enters the field of play. Nobody knows which team he is going to play for. Oh the excitement as he suddenly charges at the opposition goal or exasperation as he scores for them. As the entertainment value then subsides a crocodile replaces the mystery player (Lion for international games). What a spectacle to see Marshall wrestling with the large crocodile as Lapslie attempts to break it's legs. The score at games will soon be forgotten as a new audience of not so football oriented pack grounds and TV subscriptions. International owners and Uncle Clark happy. Who knows he may start attending.
:lol: Oh how this made me laugh! The highlight of my season so far!! :scarf:
Vick
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Vick »

GULL 67 wrote: 09 Feb 2024, 18:47 And me mate. Just another gimmick for the armchair fans. This simple game has enthralled millions for a century. Now they have to find 'entertainment' to keep the numbers subscribing. I propose that for the first 15 minutes defenders have to have their legs tied together, should she more goals. For the last 5 minutes the striker must wear a hood on his head and every other week one team will wear a large red nose and the opposition will wear large shoes instead of boots. The TV audience will increase as Man u struggle with controlling the ball and Liverpool attemp to overcome breathing difficulties caused by the large red nose. Eventually obstacles could be added to the playing area. Starting with hurdles on each goal area it could then progress to crocodiles and tigers patrolling the midfield. Millions will tune in to see if a big star gets his leg bitten of. We'll ger to see it 20000 times on VAR. As a great football manager once said, after a 1-nil scrappy win on a wet winter afternoon, if you wat to see entertainment go and watch clowns.
So you've seen a draft of the Blue Card Rules for the 24/25 season too.
:lol: