Protests

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
TUST_Official
Verified by Admin
Verified by Admin

Protests

Post by TUST_Official »

TUST is aware of numerous concerns raised by supporters about the way in which fans’ protests last Saturday were dealt with, both inside and outside the stadium.

To enable us to get an accurate picture of events which we can take up with the Club we require evidence from those who were affected by or witnessed heavy-handed actions or unacceptable behaviour by club staff or security personnel.

With a further home game and the prospect of more protests this coming Saturday we need details asap. If you wish to submit any information please e-mail us at [email protected] or via a direct message on Facebook or Twitter/X.
Official Account of Torquay United Supporters Trust
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by North Curry House »

Can someone tell me what was the point of the so called "protest" by walking out after 60 minutes? I counted around sixty (so called) fans leaving. It looked like a load of sheep following each other.

After the final whistle, a few blocked the exit outside the main offices. I would like to see the police move them on, this week should the same occur.

Hoping for an improvement from the players and "fans" on Saturday.

COYY.
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

North Curry House wrote: 06 Feb 2024, 19:31 Can someone tell me what was the point of the so called "protest" by walking out after 60 minutes? I counted around sixty (so called) fans leaving. It looked like a load of sheep following each other.

After the final whistle, a few blocked the exit outside the main offices. I would like to see the police move them on, this week should the same occur.

COYY.
People are fed up with the way the club is run, the management and aren’t willing to accept further failure and demise.
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

North Curry House wrote: 06 Feb 2024, 19:31 Can someone tell me what was the point of the so called "protest" by walking out after 60 minutes? I counted around sixty (so called) fans leaving. It looked like a load of sheep following each other.

COYY.
Right to protest?

They can make it North Korea inside the stadium but hopefully there are bigger protests Saturday
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Bristol_Gull »

Why not do a ‘sit in’ on the pitch at half time?
Cheddargull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Cheddargull »

At least the fans protesting showed some passion which is more than can be said for Johnson's apologists.
WainwrightGull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by WainwrightGull »

COYY.
Guess you were not part of it then 🤔
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

I do see the point in protest,it can be very powerful ,but not satrudays amateur hour. The effort was badly organised and even worse in its execution, if your going to use a sheet for a protest banner at least use the right ink so people around the ground can see it, from my view it looked like someone had written the banner then put it on an extended wash before bringing it into the ground, if that is your manner of demostration you have to put in place some distracton or pass protection for those holding the banner, the stewards have no legal powers or authority unless you are breaking ground and club rules, if they used force then complaints to the police of assault must be made if nothing more than than to stop them overstepping the mark in future, for those that left, you just proved the theory of being sheep, you pay your money then walk out, why not just save the money for all the good it did. As for the small gathering outside the main entrance , that is public space and unless the protesters were threatening or abusive the police have no powers to get involved.
Yellow6
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Yellow6 »

They do have some dispersal powers under S.35 of the anti social crime and policing act 2014
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

Protests won't directly influence Osborne & Edwards but they do get media coverage, hence if well done are worthwhile.
What also needs to be got over in the media is that whilst (as always) only a minority will join a protest, most fans are very unhappy with the current situation.
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

Torquay fans are not comfortable with kicking up a fuss
CP Gull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by CP Gull »

COYY.
Interesting. My best guess was between 200-300 who walked out! Guess we will never know, but watching it develop from the family stand, I felt pretty sure it was a hell of a lot more than 60!!
bobbytanz1963
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by bobbytanz1963 »

Will confrontation work in focusing the minds of the powers that be ?? We know where they perch on Saturdays so maybe if the crowd occupy the Family Stand as much as they can then that may indicate that the fans aren’t happy ?

Those in Bristows can confront the gaffer but all he does is come back with cocky arrogant responses and he is so thick skinned then what’s the point ?

I despair at the state of the club and the inability of the loyal fan base to rally together but never say never ??
WainwrightGull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by WainwrightGull »

CP Gull wrote: 07 Feb 2024, 20:49 Interesting. My best guess was between 200-300 who walked out! Guess we will never know, but watching it develop from the family stand, I felt pretty sure it was a hell of a lot more than 60!!
Definitely between 200-300 walked out, made easy with the performance and being outplayed by the Part -timers.
Obviously all the wrong type of fans leaving early and protesting :lol:
Colorado
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Peter Coffill

Post by Colorado »

Here’s an effective form of protest.

Don’t go

I GUARANTEE THIS WILL BE MORE EFFECTIVE THAN ANY OTHER OPTIONS MENTIONED.

Wouldn’t it be something if the attendance was zero?
I bet this has never happened
Torquay could be a world record setter if it’s never happened.

Expecting to get hammered for saying this so bring it on
—————