Maidstone v Torquay United TUE 6th Feb

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Admiral
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Admiral »

An unexpected 1-1
Brewers boy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jamie Reid
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Brewers boy »

Stonemaidens 4 Gulls 1
Vick
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Vick »

Maidstone 4 Torquay 0
swindon gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: benners

Post by swindon gull »

Maidstone 3 Torquay 0
Brixham63
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Brixham63 »

Going for 0-0…I am the optimist. Grind out a draw and don’t bother crossing the half way line…
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

Dave, the comparisons between us and maidstone are well made and negate any of those who argue, who would want the job, considering the lack of experience the maidstone manger has they have over achieved this season.
Every home game I still hear the comments that we are far too big not to be a league club, there is still a common lack of realsisation that we have no god given right to promotion or any form of success, people are still living on past glories such as they were, promotion has to be earned not because we are full time with a healthy budget and we have a smattering of decent players. That false belief spread to the players yesterday, you could almost hear them thinking, we are the pros what right has this part time club got to play around , over and through us every time they fancied it, which was most of the game.
I do not mind having an owner who bank rolls us,, everyone moans about Osborne but with our short lived memories can any fan say with a degree of certainty whether we would still exist as a football club after the phillips era. Osborne could be the devil incarnate for all I care as long as the man who runs the club on a day to day basis, Edwards, is more knowledgeable about running a football club than the average fan, unfortunetely in our case he is not.
Yesterday people I sat with were talking about next season and their hopes of another new beginning, this season is a goner and now is the time to consider a new manager, this will give him the time with no expectations of this season to look over what we call a team and plan early for next season.
Minneapolisgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Jo Kuffour

Post by Minneapolisgull »

Maidstone 3- 1 Torquay
We are heading from NLS mid-table mediocracy for a few seasons. So better get used the dismal showing.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell

Post by portugull »

Well a visit to Maidstone could not come at a worse time. Our record at Maidstone is very poor.

I have just had a head count.If you exclude the 16 year old 1st Year Pros and if the following 7 players remain on the injured list we have just 11 Players plus Lovett as back up Goalkeeper.

The injured list is Dawson, Jarvis,Stobbs,Hanson, Marshall, Duane and Craske. So Lovett will be joined on the Bench by 4 16/18 year olds with little or no experience.

Am I being too pessimistic? It depends on the fitness of 4 players who might just recover in time namely Hanson, Marshall, Stobbs and Duane.

The current squad has just 1 loanee Will Jenkins Davies who will play for certain.

Surely we need to bring in at least 2 emergency loans?

I very rarely predict we will lose but this time my head and not my heart goes 4-0 to Maidstone.
SWgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by SWgull »

Whilst obviously not bad news, I can hardly get to excited about the possible return of Stobbs, I mean he's hardly been great this season has he? Though not alone in that admittedly. Ofori-Acheaepong on the other hand would offer us a presence up front and give Ash someone to work off. In any event, I can't see us getting anything.
Taelee73
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney jack

Post by Taelee73 »

Tbf I thought Stobbs was finding some good form, beating players, getting crosses in (bit hit and miss on the quality). So if he's back and we have a decent presence upfront on the end of them, I'm more hopefull.

Can anyone change the title, my OCD is in overdrive having it down as a home game.

A gutsy 1-2 win for the Gulls.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Apologies on thread title, I've been back to edit it, as it's my post for some reason the edit function isn't available, maybe admins can help me out here.
Formerly known as forevertufc
gullsgullsgulls
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Sills

Post by gullsgullsgulls »

gullsgullsgulls wrote: 04 Feb 2024, 11:343-0
Of course we are away, so this should be 0-3. But you knew I meant that!
leetufc
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by leetufc »

Maidstone 3-0 Torquay
UnitedinDevon
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by UnitedinDevon »

If GJ is in charge

Maidstone 6 - 0 Torquay
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by United62 »

Maidstone 8 Torquay 0 (and we'll be lucky to get 0)
''I was born under the Mini Stand....''