Worthing v Torquay United - Saturday 27th January 2024

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Vick
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Vick »

Worthing 3 Torquay 1
Gull1899
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Gull1899 »

We are awful away, & they dominated us at home. So only one result here- 3-0 to Worthing.
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by budegull1954 »

1-0 to Worthing
torregull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by torregull »

Worthing highest goals for in league but concede a lot too.Only 7 wins at home but will surely increase that 8 on Saturday.?
Worthing 3 TUFC 2.
aggrey_25
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: aggrey

Post by aggrey_25 »

3-0 worthing
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Well if you go on the Form Table we are 16th for our Away Form and Worthing are 6th for their Home Form. However they are quite inconsistent but have the Top Striker in NLS with Pearce who has scored 22 goals.

I may be mad but I am going for a 1-1 Draw.
leetufc
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by leetufc »

Worthing 4-0 Torquay
Hot Rod
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Hot Rod »

Worthing 0 Torquay 3
Keithsson
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Keithsson »

Arf'noon Gulls 👋🏻

Your general lack of positivity is probably understandable given your away record and what happened against us back in August.

But I shouldn't give up all hope because as some of you have already identified, we don't exactly have the best home record either.

Despite improving (to date) on our first season in the NLS we've blown very hot at times but also very cold. Basically we can never quite be 100% certain what mood the team will be in.

We'd like to think they'll be up for this one, but when it comes to confidence that we've hit a stretch of good consistency we've had too many false dawns.

There's been a few personnel changes since August involving ex-Gulls. Aarran Racine has retired through injury and Ricky Aguiar was recalled by Swindon. But we have had a few additions too, good young loanees from Southampton and Bournemouth plus the full transfer of Danny Cashman, released by Coventry.

Different personnel but the style and tempo will be just the same. I'm intrigued to see how Gary Johnson approaches it this time... it was suicide how he set up (and then didn't change things) at Plainmoor. I'm expecting him to give us a tad more respect this time round.

If you are heading up you'll be assured a warm welcome, its a small ground transitioning still to National League football but what it doesn't offer in five star amenities it more than makes up with in friendliness and charm. Thankfully its dry on Saturday because with segregation there is no cover sadly.

May the best team win.
Eirik
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Eifion Williams
Watches from: The sofa

Post by Eirik »

Worthing - Torquay 2-3
-Eirik-
Proud member of Torquay United Supporters Norway
https://www.facebook.com/groups/norwaygulls

TUST MEMBER - https://www.tust.co.uk/
Hornblower
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Hornblower »

Worthing 2- 2 Torquay
AdrianC
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by AdrianC »

Worthing 3 - Torquay 1, no pleasure in predicting this ☹️
midtable
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Brian Wilson

Post by midtable »

Worthing v Torquay United 0-1

The result will send some fans mad and the chants of Gary out will multiply. Then again, some of the most vocal seem to support Premier league teams first and Torquay second.
Keithsson
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Keithsson »

Nick Potkins wrote: 24 Jan 2024, 18:15 Saturday see us travel to Sussex, to play Worthing - My home town.

Worthing, currently sit second in the table and score goals for fun.

If we only win one more game this season, please let it be this one. About 50 guys from my golf club will be attending this game, mostly hoping to get one over me. Some attend Worthing games from time to time, but for most it will be their only game of the season. I keep telling them it's their cup final and only there for the Torquay.

The ground is in a street between West Worthing and Worthing stations. A short walk from both. If you are looking to drink before hand, I recommend the Railway Hotel, opposite Worthing station.

I can't see us getting anything from this game. Worthing to win 4 - 1
COYY
Going back to the OP, for those of you wanting a QUIET drink beforehand you would be advised to avoid The Railway Inn...

https://x.com/wfc_awayboys/status/17506 ... 58371?s=20

The ABF styles itself like a 'firm' but is peaceful and normally well self policed, existing purely to support the club with passion and noise... drums, flags, chants, pyro, that sort of thing. However. With a young demographic, and with the addition of alcohol, 'over exuberance' on the fringes can never be totally ruled out.

When they refer there to 'let's show this former league club what we're about', they are not referring to a physical confrontation but, as stated, 'passion and noise'.

For these bigger games the usual drill is lots of drinking, singing and chanting at the Railway Inn followed by a 'march' en masse down Cross Street, over the crossing at South Farm Road and then down Pavilion Road to the ground, arriving not long before kick-off.

Its not my bag but each to their own.

So for those who simply want a pleasant pre-match drink therefore I would direct you to The Brooksteed in South Farm Road or The Green Man in South Street Tarring. Both are real ale micropubs equidistant from the ground, the former is nearer to Worthing Station, the latter nearer to West Worthing Station.

Enjoy the day, just thought a 'heads up' about the Railway Inn might be in order 👍🏻
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Everything form wise has already been covered, I was at the home 0.3 defeat where Worthing absolutely played us off the park, and no surprise to see them sat 2nd at the moment, lets hope they don't bring their 'A' game tomorrow otherwise this one could be embarrassing.

This is just purely on our away record.

Worthing 3 v 1 TUFC.
Formerly known as forevertufc