Hereford v Torquay United 3pm 13th January 2024 FATrophy

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Hereford Gull66
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Jimmy Dunne

Post by Hereford Gull66 »

Well, well, well.
Just as well Hereford did not have their two main strikers available as the score would have been very embarrassing.

I did warn that Hereford were no mugs, interestingly Hereford fans in the pub were concerned that they would not score, a 0-0 prediction was going around. I did point out that we always give away a goal in any game.

I have been considering if this was the worst performance I have seen since I started following United in October 1966, a defeat away at Peterborough comes to mind, even the dreaded 6-0 Boxing Day defeat at you know where, perhaps in time I will forget some of the following: lack of basic skill beyond a simple error, the blaming of others, lack of team ethos, how easily heads dropped, ……….

Perhaps my comments as a follower, rather than regular supporter these days may be hard but that performance was unacceptable.
How Mark Halstead sleeps at night knowing 1 error behind that midfield (and defence) and we are in trouble. Dean Moxey probably can not believe what he is seeing at times from a professional outfit. Ross Marshall, although a committed player is not a right back, Hereford exploited that together with the lack of support in front of him, disallowed goal - we would be thinking wtf if that had been us. Midfield, lightweight and no ability to pick up the scraps, Hereford must have won over 75% of balls coming off defensive headers. Archie Harris came to us to learn, well I hope he learns fast as he had a covering defender and goalkeeper for the penalty he gave away. Yes he was well beaten but do not make it worse by giving it away, goals are generally as a result of two errors not one.

Sorry to go on but I am not happy, my concern is that I will get more sympathy from my Hereford supporting acquaintances than the usual banter!
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by North Curry House »

GULL 67 wrote: 14 Jan 2024, 18:35 It's not about entertainment. If you want entertainment go and watch clowns 🤡
We are every time we turn up at Plainmoor.
MaxLL
New Signing
New Signing

Post by MaxLL »

Hereford Gull66 wrote: 14 Jan 2024, 19:07
How Mark Halstead sleeps at night knowing 1 error behind that midfield (and defence) and we are in trouble.
He sleeps well, I think. He just does his job as well as he can. And the problems in defense and midfield are not his problems, but the head coach's, I think.
I like Torquay's stars, even if the team doesn't do well.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

Well beaten by a side at a similar level to us.
We never looked like scoring and could easily have conceded more.
I couldn't see anything wrong with their disallowed goal at the time and having seen it replayed can't see how it was offside.
torq2u
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Ken Sandercock
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by torq2u »

standupsitdown wrote: 15 Jan 2024, 13:34 Well beaten by a side at a similar level to us.
We never looked like scoring and could easily have conceded more.
I couldn't see anything wrong with their disallowed goal at the time and having seen it replayed can't see how it was offside.
I thought the ball had gone out of play before the cross?
TUST member 200 ;-)
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

WainwrightGull wrote: 14 Jan 2024, 12:26 A win is a win , but as our manager states this is an entertainment business. Not sure about you but I would like to be entertained and we have had little entertainment for over 18 months.
If you get your kicks out of beating part time outfits then enjoy it by all means.
Watch Gladiator on Sky Movies then....
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

WainwrightGull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by WainwrightGull »

SuperNickyWroe wrote: 16 Jan 2024, 14:55 Watch Gladiator on Sky Movies then....
is that 2 full time professionals or will i still be watching a so called professional bunch succumb to a bunch of part-timers as thats not entertainment