A Message for Ross Marshall

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
The Great Muta!
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by The Great Muta! »

Very much on Ross Marshall's side on this one, if a bunch of numptys are suddenly wearing their big boy pants and feel all brave enough to gob off at Ross, then expect it back, which is exactly what he gave you, he was probably fed up, frustrated, and p*ssed off with the flack coming his way after actually not having to bad a game (wasn't in attendance but heard he played ok)...One thing I will say about the Truro game, it was always going to be tough, this league is much tougher than last time, we aren't going to steam roller teams like before, the standard for me is higher.
Skillsy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Skillsy »

Portugull,

Fair point, I know YOU were not saying abuse is acceptable. I was saying that some fans think it's ok to abuse just because they've paid to watch. I certainly do not.

I don't think Ross Marshall should have ignored this abuse. He clearly heard unacceptable stuff and was in his rights to respond. In any other walk of life we are entitled to respond if we hear unacceptable words, it should be no different for footballers. We all want commitment on the pitch, that same commitment can sometimes lead to incidents as per Tuesday. We can't have it both ways.

My opinion of Ross Marshall has improved after this incident.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Agree with all the points made by the Great Muta. Think players should accept criticism but not foul mouthed abuse. Unfortunately some matches, Boxing Day and Weymouth was another attract some mindless cretins who are not there for the football .
And yes this league is much tougher than last time, and teams treat us a big scalp.
Do Truro play with that passion and intensity every game ? Course they don't !
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

At the end of the day football is a game full of passion. I guess Marshall was pissed off at the end of the game because we lost. I dont doubt that like the other players he tried his hardest.

No it wasnt wise to respond but at the end of the day you can probably understand why., I said it hardly requires a thread - we've got bigger problems than this.

To suggest that the likes of Truro raised their game against us is just complete nonsense and to use that as some sort of excuse for losing is just ridiculous. If this is the case why dont any of these "local" sides beat Yeovil then? As I say just nonsensical.

This isnt a tough league - its complete rubbish - it must be because we are in the play off places.

The thing is that Truro beat the team we beat 3-2 in their last game. But they won 1-0 without conceding a goal. Just as they did on boxing day. We were 2-0 against this team early on. We were pathetic against Truro in the first 25 minutes. Just as we conceded in the first minute at Chelmsford. Didnt turn up in the first half against Weston Super Mare or Dartford.

Same old story game after game. I'd just like to know wtf the manager does to address these issues. We dont concede from corners says Johnson. What an absolute load of horseshit he comes out with. You've got Halstead flapping about from crosses like a headless chicken. Moxey/Tomlinson falling over or getting outmuscled, and our best defensive header of the ball Marshall playing right back.

Truro had Ed Palmer looking like he'd taken the afternoon off from Serie A rather than the Barber from Totnes that he is in real life. A player that was so fat and hopeless when he was here that you wouldnt actually believe your eyes - hardly surprising that he had an easy game. Theo Williams is useful but playing up front against three centre halves - no wonder Palmer had a walk in the park.

The only forward with any height (playing right wing for some unknown reason) is taken off for another midget in Da Silva., The lightweight Jenkins-Davies in midfield, yet a player with a bit of physicality (Hanson) who to be fair has done ok of late, was left on the bench.

No tactics to speak of, same mistakes repeated game after game - we are going nowhere as long as this manager remains in situe.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

That was quite a rant - even by your standards.
It's not an excuse for losing but it's obvious if you are at all the games , which you aren't, the opposition are really up for it.
We should expect this and up our game from the start but we dont.
Yeovil don't lose to these teams because they are better than the rest.
WainwrightGull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by WainwrightGull »

brucie wrote: 29 Dec 2023, 14:35 At the end of the day football is a game full of passion. I guess Marshall was pissed off at the end of the game because we lost. I dont doubt that like the other players he tried his hardest.

No it wasnt wise to respond but at the end of the day you can probably understand why., I said it hardly requires a thread - we've got bigger problems than this.

To suggest that the likes of Truro raised their game against us is just complete nonsense and to use that as some sort of excuse for losing is just ridiculous. If this is the case why dont any of these "local" sides beat Yeovil then? As I say just nonsensical.

This isnt a tough league - its complete rubbish - it must be because we are in the play off places.

The thing is that Truro beat the team we beat 3-2 in their last game. But they won 1-0 without conceding a goal. Just as they did on boxing day. We were 2-0 against this team early on. We were pathetic against Truro in the first 25 minutes. Just as we conceded in the first minute at Chelmsford. Didnt turn up in the first half against Weston Super Mare or Dartford.

Same old story game after game. I'd just like to know wtf the manager does to address these issues. We dont concede from corners says Johnson. What an absolute load of horseshit he comes out with. You've got Halstead flapping about from crosses like a headless chicken. Moxey/Tomlinson falling over or getting outmuscled, and our best defensive header of the ball Marshall playing right back.

Truro had Ed Palmer looking like he'd taken the afternoon off from Serie A rather than the Barber from Totnes that he is in real life. A player that was so fat and hopeless when he was here that you wouldnt actually believe your eyes - hardly surprising that he had an easy game. Theo Williams is useful but playing up front against three centre halves - no wonder Palmer had a walk in the park.

The only forward with any height (playing right wing for some unknown reason) is taken off for another midget in Da Silva., The lightweight Jenkins-Davies in midfield, yet a player with a bit of physicality (Hanson) who to be fair has done ok of late, was left on the bench.

No tactics to speak of, same mistakes repeated game after game - we are going nowhere as long as this manager remains in situe.
Sure Marshall tried his hardest to his limitations like many others that cannot cut it at this crap level.
Same mistakes repeeated game after game sums it up, blame whoever coaches them.
Cheddargull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Cheddargull »

Contrary to what some have said hurling abuse is not a latter day phenomenon.
I can remember in the 1970s certain players being picked on by the mini stand faithful.
Also attacks on emergency workers have been going on for decades certainly since the 1980s. Doesn't make it acceptable but its nothing new.
Fans mouthing off is part and parcel of the game, the players should be man enough to ignore it, they don't need to be treated like powder puffs.
Skillsy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Skillsy »

Cheddargull wrote: 29 Dec 2023, 17:19 Contrary to what some have said hurling abuse is not a latter day phenomenon.
I can remember in the 1970s certain players being picked on by the mini stand faithful.
Also attacks on emergency workers have been going on for decades certainly since the 1980s. Doesn't make it acceptable but its nothing new.
Fans mouthing off is part and parcel of the game, the players should be man enough to ignore it, they don't need to be treated like powder puffs.
Just because it's been going on since football was conceived doesn't make it right, even more so against your own team. Bonkers.

Abuse/criticism will adversely affect the vast majority of players.....maybe Ross Marshall is one of the few who has enough character to rise above it, and may even improve his performances in future.

Good on you, Ross.
madgull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by madgull »

Skillsy wrote: 29 Dec 2023, 18:31 Just because it's been going on since football was conceived doesn't make it right, even more so against your own team. Bonkers.

Abuse/criticism will adversely affect the vast majority of players.....maybe Ross Marshall is one of the few who has enough character to rise above it, and may even improve his performances in future.

Good on you, Ross.
:goodpost:

Could say that the concept of "don't give it if you can't take it" is not a latter day phenomenon. Love how our big hard fans get OOOHHHH OFFENNDDDEEDDD when a player (rightfully) gives it back.
Skillsy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Skillsy »

madgull wrote: 30 Dec 2023, 00:25 :goodpost:

Could say that the concept of "don't give it if you can't take it" is not a latter day phenomenon. Love how our big hard fans get OOOHHHH OFFENNDDDEEDDD when a player (rightfully) gives it back.
Great point!

Happy New Year, all :goodpost:
WainwrightGull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by WainwrightGull »

Just spoke to a fellow Popside friend who went to Hereford today. Marshall got a right run around today, however as he said he came alive to confront the fans after the final whistle. 🤔
Forest gull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by Forest gull »

All the players and Aaron came over and apologised to the fans. Ross fronted up well.