Welcome to the site, introduce yourself topic...

General chat about anything else goes here.
higgi1p
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Willie Brown

Post by higgi1p »

merse btpir wrote: 01 Nov 2018, 18:17 ...and he hasn't go a hair on his head these days!
Hi Merse

We met at the Barnet away game a few years ago 1-0 win thanks to Lee Thorpe.
Can't remember name of pub before the game!!!
I use to work with Les wife Jane at SWEB, she was/probably still is a lovely girl, sister of Phil Congdon good player for the old Newton Dynamoes.

Pete
Stolfer
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Michael Poke

Post by Stolfer »

Hello, im new too this forum. My name is Jack Stolworthy and have watch Torquay sinve 94/95 with my dad Peter. Since his stroke 19 years back i haven't seen many game but was at both Weston game last season with him, freezing to death in the Weston game...we'll be over in the disabled part of the stand hopefully the yeovil game..
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Welcome to the forum, Jack. Good to have you and hopefully you can join in the various discussions.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Dave 40
Trialist
Trialist

Post by Dave 40 »

Hi maidstone united supporter here and part time tranmere for my sins used to be hardcore Chelsea but grown up now prefer lower leagh grass roots now thanks for accepting me coytumufc
GloucesterGull
Trialist
Trialist

Post by GloucesterGull »

Hi all, Ray here.

I’ve been going to games since around 2002. As I’ve lived in Gloucester, as a kid I used to watch Gloucester City when Leroy Rosenior was manager there.

Hoping for some spirited debate with everyone.
Dave_Torquay
Trialist
Trialist

Post by Dave_Torquay »

Hi,

Been supporting The Gulls since the late 1980's after I moved to the Bay area for work.

The main reason for joining the forum is to see if anybody wants my old TUFC related football programmes from approximately 1988 to 1999. They are compete collections of home games plus a fair few from various away games and all the various Wembley trips.

There are also very early editions of Bamber's Right Foot and Mission Impossible TUFC fanzines.

Note these are free, gratis to a good home, moving house means I have to dispose of them.

Cheers

Dave S
calebhawley
New Signing
New Signing

Post by calebhawley »

Hello everyone!

In the early noughties, my mother got together with an Englishman and we moved to Devon. He took me to football all the time and was an avid Torquay United fan. I am now grown up and living in Italy again, but the moments from the stadium from my childhood remind me of the good times. Now I want to dive back into them and cheer for Torquay United, and maybe even meet my stepdad again.

Keep in touch
Nisha
Trialist
Trialist

Post by Nisha »

Hello guys. I'm new here and watching the games from 2014. That's all for now.
Willhtq
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Willhtq »

Hi, I'm Will.
I've been watching TUFC since 2018, originally from the Family Stand but now in Bristows.
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Louis »

Welcome to the site Will, Nisha, Caleb, Dave (x2) & Ray 👍
⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

MedwayGull
Trialist
Trialist

Post by MedwayGull »

Hello fellow yellows!

Originally from Kent - hence the username, moved to Plymouth in 2011 and adopted Torquay as my new team, been watching ever since.

just started bringing my lad to games recently. - would say where I sit but it's usually random. mostly the family or Bristow's though.

Cheers, COYY
MaxLL
New Signing
New Signing

Post by MaxLL »

Hey everyone! Of the Premier League teams, I love Arsenal. But I also follow Torquay United because I lived in Devon for a long time. I like football in general. I hope I will enjoy my time here :)
I like Torquay's stars, even if the team doesn't do well.
xeon
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Watches from: Pop side

Post by xeon »

Gary here, from West Sussex .... Littlehampton (that's a place, not an affliction!!).

Brighton fan / season ticket holder for most of my life but have had a soft spot for Torquay since reading Garry Nelsons book about his time there with Kevin Hodges.

To cut a long story short, have become disillusioned with the greed league, so this year attended my first TUFC game (Aveley at Plainmoor) and loved the proper football feel about the place!

Have since seen TUFC at Tonbridge (yikes what a stinker) and will be down for the Havant game.

I'm something of a convert - but can hardly be labelled a plastic or a glory hunter!
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Welcome to the forum, Gary. I totally share your feelings about the upper echelons of the football pyramid.

I've introduced lots of friends and family to the joys of following TUFC and most appreciate the reality of lower league/non league football. It has more of an honesty about it for sure.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com