Next 8 Games

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

According to Skillsy who seems to be in the know, Jarvis is now late January ! which is very depressing, we have 10 games until then.
Guess Williams is here until Jan 1st, he's a useful and pacy option but he's no Jarvis.
The way Fleetwood are going he'll not be allowed to stay for a third month. If we really mean business we need to get in another physical, experienced striker (Danny Wright type) difficult I know but
we simply must finish 1st, 2nd or 3rd otherwise winning three play off games away from home would be too big an ask.
Cheddargull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Cheddargull »

desperado wrote: 10 Dec 2023, 12:16 According to Skillsy who seems to be in the know, Jarvis is now late January ! which is very depressing, we have 10 games until then.
Guess Williams is here until Jan 1st, he's a useful and pacy option but he's no Jarvis.
The way Fleetwood are going he'll not be allowed to stay for a third month. If we really mean business we need to get in another physical, experienced striker (Danny Wright type) difficult I know but
we simply must finish 1st, 2nd or 3rd otherwise winning three play off games away from home would be too big an ask.
How much do we really miss Jarvis?
In the 12 league games in which Jarvis played we won six and gained 19 pts, that is 1.58 pts per game and a 50% win ratio.
In the 9 league games with Jarvis missing we won six and gained 18 pts, that is 2.00 pts per game and a 67% win ratio.
From games I've seen this season we actually appear to play better without him in the side.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Statistics don't take into account the games played with new arrivals and who is to say Jarvis wouldn't have benefitted from playing with them giving us an even better points haul.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Skillsy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Skillsy »

We'll never know.......maybe with him we would have taken 27 points from the 9 games he has missed, maybe none. My opinion is that we would be nearer 27.

I doubt anybody would think he wouldn't be an automatic starter, when fit. My only, minor, criticism of him is that he often looks for a pull back when we get in behind the opposition back line, rather than running across the face of goal for a toe in. I think this change would mean several more goals per season for him. Players like him are the type who will get us promoted this season. Good luck to him in his recovery.

I still believe we will end up as champions........

Forza Torquay.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Southampton Gull wrote: 10 Dec 2023, 20:58 Statistics don't take into account the games played with new arrivals and who is to say Jarvis wouldn't have benefitted from playing with them giving us an even better points haul.
Very true - nevertheless I note that since the injury to Jarvis the team have been playing much more ball to feet so I hope upon his return we do not revert back to target-man hoof-ball.
Cheddargull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Cheddargull »

MellowYellow wrote: 11 Dec 2023, 16:16 Very true - nevertheless I note that since the injury to Jarvis the team have been playing much more ball to feet so I hope upon his return we do not revert back to target-man hoof-ball.
Which is why I think we don't miss him.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Our opponents on Saturday Hemel Hempstead lost 2-0 tonight at rock bottom Havant & Waterlooville.
North Curry House
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by North Curry House »

portugull wrote: 13 Dec 2023, 21:55 Our opponents on Saturday Hemel Hempstead lost 2-0 tonight at rock bottom Havant & Waterlooville.
That has absolutely no bearing on Saturdays match. Of course I hope that we play well, entertain and win by a decent margin, then everyone will be happy but we have to perform.
Taelee73
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney jack
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Taelee73 »

Course it has a bearing on Saturdays match. They'll have been embarrassed/given a rollicking for losing that match and will want to up their game to get a result against us.

Also the fact they've played mid week and we haven't, should help us. Earlier in the season teams seemed to have been as fit/motivated as us, however we have upped our intensity the last few games and hopefully this will give us another edge.

In our situation, I'll take any advantage we can.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Hemel Hempstead's match result last night doesn't have any bearing on Saturdays game, an entirely different match on a different day, different ground, different set of circumstances, possibly different conditions also, also must be remembered that last night victory was the 2nd in a row for a very much improved H+W who will now provide a much more stern test for all their upcoming opponents.

The only part of last night's game that may have a bearing on Saturday, is Hemel played midweek whilst our team did not, as said above.
Formerly known as forevertufc